Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind blowing quote/stat regarding our D

I saw this in a DPO article and it kinda floored me:

"While the Broncos have allowed only 60 points in their past four games, 44 were scored in the fourth quarter after Manning built commanding leads. In the playoff victories, Denver was able to shut down the Chargers and Patriots through three quarters."

That's just over 1 point per quarter when the opposition is essentially executing their game plan. In the playoffs it is even crazier with only 3 points scored against the Broncos D in then first three quarters of both games - a 0.5 point per quarter average when SD and NE were in their game plans.

If this were a Seattle stat the pundits would be crowing about the Seattle D being the best of all time. Instead our D is "soft".

Del Rio has been playing almost exclusively man to man press coverage in the playoffs, until the 4th quarter. During most of the season it was a soft zone. The Broncos corners are much better in a man to man press. I'm glad to see he made the adjustment. I think it's been the biggest difference in the playoffs.

Comment

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was yet another Seattle fan carrying on about how well they've done against Kellen Clemens and Carson Palmer...oh wait, they lost to Palmer at home. Ouch!

It was somewhat of a relief to see it was actually a Bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
        Del Rio has been playing almost exclusively man to man press coverage in the playoffs, until the 4th quarter. During most of the season it was a soft zone. The Broncos corners are much better in a man to man press. I'm glad to see he made the adjustment. I think it's been the biggest difference in the playoffs.
        Wasn't Jammer trying to play man on Allen?

Comment

Why the hell haven't we been doing this all year...all that pain and tightness...

...we just now hitting happy hour, peaking at the right time.

Good news!

Comment

This thread needs more Armchair.

Comment

Brady and Rivers are both pocket passers. Wilson will be a different challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                Brady and Rivers are both pocket passers. Wilson will be a different challenge.
                Different, but not tougher.

Comment

1.The Offenses ability to control the clock and keep the Defense off the field has been a huge factor.

2. Homefield advantage has been a huge factor.

The Defense has rallied greatly to end the season, but they are extremely thin due to injury. I hope they have enough talent to win one more game.

Comment

Originally posted by Que View Post
                    I saw this in a DPO article and it kinda floored me:

"While the Broncos have allowed only 60 points in their past four games, 44 were scored in the fourth quarter after Manning built commanding leads. In the playoff victories, Denver was able to shut down the Chargers and Patriots through three quarters."

That's just over 1 point per quarter when the opposition is essentially executing their game plan. In the playoffs it is even crazier with only 3 points scored against the Broncos D in then first three quarters of both games - a 0.5 point per quarter average when SD and NE were in their game plans.

If this were a Seattle stat the pundits would be crowing about the Seattle D being the best of all time. Instead our D is "soft".

We pretty much went over all that already.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114063

Comment

Working...
                    X