Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody going to watch the Pro Bowl, at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NFL Needs to just make it a flag football game the players would like it and i think the fans would to. Also you can allow classic players like Rice and Primetime to play without a big fear of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
      I'm sad football season is almost over. I am SUPER DUPER happy the Broncos are in the Super Bowl! But, this also means, no more football for a while.

I hardly ever watch the Pro Bowl, maybe 5 or 10 minutes of it, but this year, I have absolutely no desire to watch any of it.

When they first had the commercial about Sanders and Rice doing the draft for it, I literally thought it was some Fantasy Football thing, not the actual game itself!

I didn't think they could make it less desirable to view, but they have succeeded in doing so, IMO.
      I'm SUPER NATTIEL happy Denver is in the Super Bowl.
      Last edited by TripleTilde; 01-26-2014, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
        The NFL Needs to just make it a flag football game the players would like it and i think the fans would to. Also you can allow classic players like Rice and Primetime to play without a big fear of injury.
        Actually, I would totally get behind this idea. But they'd need to "keep it real" and do stuff like draw up plays on their chests in the huddle or in the sand with a stick.

Different players could wear small video cameras so fans could see the plays being called in the huddle. Maybe the coach would call the plays, just like Little League. "You: go deep! You: swing left! You: just get open."

Then the D-ends would have to count 3-MISSISSIPPI before rushing in with their arms flailing.

It would be epic! But it will NEVER happen.

Out

Comment

I guess I'm in the tiny minority. I like the Pro Bowl if only to watch top players perform as a kind of fantasy-team roster. Recently, players have made the game a joke, but I remember back in the 70's the players took it seriously and balled.

Sunday evenings game was one of the better efforts I've seen from the players in a decade and was rather fun to watch.

Comment

I saw a few brief highlights and it sure didn't look like the defenders were making much of an effort. The NFL trying to capitalize on the popularity of the draft and fantasy football is just laughable.

Comment

I thought it was much better than previous years. It's still an exhibition game, but it was better than previous years.

Comment

You've guys missed a good Probowl...
                This format worked out great and I see it as a good way to keep the ptobowl interesting.
                Better than expected for sure...

Comment

It was actually downright watchable this year. I'm as surprised as you folks.

Guys were hitting, and it was more than just a day off for the players. I still think a flag football game (with throwback players from other eras, as well as maybe some celebrities, like the 3-on-3 the NBA does during all star week) would make it a lot more fun for a lot more people.

Comment

No, its awful.

I am actually suprised players agree to the Pro Bowl game, one twist the right way and boom its a knee. If I were a top NFL player, you wouldn't see me near that mess...

Kill it, have a awards dinner or something.

Comment

I totally forgot which is just as well. I don't like their new gimmicky format. No AFC vs NFC and teammates are split to both teams. Who in the hell do you root for?

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                        I totally forgot which is just as well. I don't like their new gimmicky format. No AFC vs NFC and teammates are split to both teams. Who in the hell do you root for?
                        I had it on in the background - I was rooting for the Beavers to beat the Ducks....

Comment

Working...
                        X