Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody going to watch the Pro Bowl, at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody going to watch the Pro Bowl, at all?

I'm sad football season is almost over. I am SUPER DUPER happy the Broncos are in the Super Bowl! But, this also means, no more football for a while.

I hardly ever watch the Pro Bowl, maybe 5 or 10 minutes of it, but this year, I have absolutely no desire to watch any of it.

When they first had the commercial about Sanders and Rice doing the draft for it, I literally thought it was some Fantasy Football thing, not the actual game itself!

I didn't think they could make it less desirable to view, but they have succeeded in doing so, IMO.

I will...maybe. I do like the new format with Sanders and Rice picking teams. I actually watched them making picks (was on it the background while I was cooking) and it was really funny, better than most reality shows.

Seems more like sandlot football to me, which is fine.

Out

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
      I'm sad football season is almost over. I am SUPER DUPER happy the Broncos are in the Super Bowl! But, this also means, no more football for a while.

I hardly ever watch the Pro Bowl, maybe 5 or 10 minutes of it, but this year, I have absolutely no desire to watch any of it.

When they first had the commercial about Sanders and Rice doing the draft for it, I literally thought it was some Fantasy Football thing, not the actual game itself!

I didn't think they could make it less desirable to view, but they have succeeded in doing so, IMO.
      Definitely not. Removing the conference rivalry element of the game has only further watered down the product. There's also the fact that it's before the Super Bowl which means no Broncos will be playing. I really don't get what they were thinking with this new format. It's a total joke.

Comment

Eh, maybe got the rosters?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          Definitely not. Removing the conference rivalry element of the game has only further watered down the product.
          Come on. It's not like the old format was lighting up the ratings.

The Pro Bowl has been irrelevant for years. It still is, but at least the NFL isn't pretending that it's more than just a chance for the best players to hang out in Hawaii for a week.

Comment

They should get rid of the Pro Bowl and just have an award ceremony. With lots of team cheerleaders.

Comment

On toenail clipping day? Are you kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by orinjkrush View Post
                They should get rid of the Pro Bowl and just have an award ceremony. With lots of team cheerleaders.
                You see...now thats thinking. You have an all pro player draft. And you have an all pro cheerleader draft. Now what have you've got....you've got ratings...

Comment

Then they should just conclude it with a tug-of-war. Game over, brah.

Comment

Does anyone remember ABC's "Superstars" program from the 1970's? They used to bring in NFL and baseball players and have them do 100 yard dashes, obstacle courses, bowling, and what not.

Loved that show as a kid. They should just update the show a bit for a modern audience and use Pro Bowl players as fodder.

Out

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_ZkK7umu3JI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I just wish they'd bring back the skills competitions and QB Challenge. Those were fun to watch.

Comment

Yes, definitely - I like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                          I will...maybe. I do like the new format with Sanders and Rice picking teams. I actually watched them making picks (was on it the background while I was cooking) and it was really funny, better than most reality shows.

Seems more like sandlot football to me, which is fine.

Out
                          Bring me a sandwich bitch.

Comment

Any Pro Bowl that doesn't have anyone from the greatest defense in the history of ever playing in it, just isn't a Pro Bowl to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                              Bring me a sandwich b****.
                              That reminds me: I seriously need to start an "OT: Pastrami Sandwich" thread during the off-season.

Black Russian rye, hot house tomatoes, sliced red onions, pepper jack cheese, warm pastrami, mayo & hot honey mustard FTW!

Out

Comment

Working...
                              X