These myths that Seachicken fans produce. Lets debunk them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These myths that Seachicken fans produce. Lets debunk them

Seahawk Fans Myths are in green, now I live in WA and hear the radio its hilarious but its just the fans its even on ESPN and NFL Network so lets go over some common reoccurring myths those myths in green.

1. Wilson doesn't have to match points with Peyton because Peyton isn't gonna light it up.

Why do they believe this? Russell Wilson wont have to match points with Peyton, what are you basing this off of? Don't forget Andrew Luck had over 100 QBR on you guys, and wasn't picked off once when the Colts beat you. Oh yeah they scored 34 points the Colts averaged 24 points a game this season the Broncos averaged nearly 40 points a game. The Broncos are a wayyy better offense than the Colts. Ty Hilton smoked you guys for 140 yds guess what Demaryius Thomas is just as fast so get ready for that. You had trouble with Andrew Luck what you makes you think you can stop Peyton and the best offense in the history of the NFL?

2. The Broncos haven't seen a pass rush like ours. The Seattle defense matches up well with the Broncos offense. They can rush 4 and still get pressure.

The Patriots and Chiefs have a better pass rush, more sacks and they couldn't get to Peyton even when they blitzed so what makes you think just a 4 man rush can get to Peyton who has only been sacked 20 times in the season and 0 times this post season.

3. Their corners are way more physical than Decker & Thomas.

Decker and Thomas are two of the most physical WRs in the league and you dont think they are preparing to be extra physical. They said yesterday we gotta be more physical than them and both are 6'3 220+ so they certainly can do that also Julius Thomas 6'5 250 lbs going to be a tough cover for Seattle.

4. And you're not gonna hold beast mode...you haven't faced an RB like him all season either

Your right we have faced better RBs than him and we held them in check pretty damn good L. McCoy check the list goes on. Lynch is a physical back but he plays into our strength which is stopping the run at the line of scrimmage, we struggle more with speed and stretch guys like Ryan Matthews we excel at stopping the power backs. Will we completely shut him down? No probably not he might break one 15 or 20 yd run to make his total yds look better than it actually was but overall we should contain him.

5. Broncos haven't faced a mobile Qb all season. And on Wilson the fact of the matter is he's faced a top 10 defense TEN times this season and still has a 100 QB rating.

What are you talking about we have faced a mobile QB this season a few actually we faced Mike Vick, RG3, Alex Smith, Terrelle Pryor, and Andrew Luck. Also Wilson 100 QBR against a top 10 defense because he protects the football well hes a great game manager no doubt about it but hes going to have to continue to score points against the Broncos.

6. Because the Seahawks are the more physical...more battle tested team

More physical and battle tested team, how can you claim that based on what exactly?

7. We beat the Broncos in the preseason pretty good, and I think they know this and are scared because of this.

Preseason we talkin' bout preseason not a game not a game preseason. but since you wanna bring up the preseason lets not act like Peyton didn't have almost 200 yds passing and Demaryius had 53 yds, Julius had 70 yds just in the first half. Peyton was moving the ball quite easily but again lets not talk about preseason a meaningless game where we obviously didn't set up a game plan and Peyton played one half.

what are some of the myths you have heard this week?
    Last edited by KevinJames; 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM.

Originally posted by KevinJames View Post
    Seahawk Fans Myths are in green, now I live in WA and hear the radio its hilarious but its just the fans its even on ESPN and NFL Network so lets go over some common reoccurring myths those myths in green.

[IMG][/IMG]

1. Wilson doesn't have to match points with Peyton because Peyton isn't gonna light it up.

Why do they believe this? Russell Wilson wont have to match points with Peyton, what are you basing this off of? Don't forget Andrew Luck had over 100 QBR on you guys, and wasn't picked off once when the Colts beat you. Oh yeah they scored 34 points the Colts averaged 24 points a game this season the Broncos averaged nearly 40 points a game. The Broncos are a wayyy better offense than the Colts. Ty Hilton smoked you guys for 140 yds guess what Demaryius Thomas is just as fast so get ready for that. You had trouble with Andrew Luck what you makes you think you can stop Peyton and the best offense in the history of the NFL?

2. The Seattle defense matches up well with the Broncos offense. They can rush 4 and still get pressure.

The Patriots and Chiefs have a better pass rush, more sacks and they couldn't get to Peyton even when they blitzed so what makes you think just a 4 man rush can get to Peyton who has only been sacked 20 times in the season and 0 times this post season.

Decker and Thomas are two of the most physical WRs in the league and you dont think they are preparing to be extra physical. They said yesterday we gotta be more physical than them and both are 6'3 220+ so they certainly can do that also Julius Thomas 6'5 250 lbs going to be a tough cover for Seattle.

4. And you're not gonna hold beast mode...you haven't faced an RB like him all season either

Your right we have faced better RBs than him and we held them in check pretty damn good L. McCoy check the list goes on. Lynch is a physical back but he plays into our strength which is stopping the run at the line of scrimmage, we struggle more with speed and stretch guys like Ryan Matthews we excel at stopping the power backs. Will we completely shut him down? No probably not he might break one 15 or 20 yd run to make his total yds look better than it actually was but overall we should contain him.

5. Broncos haven't faced a mobile Qb all season. And on Wilson the fact of the matter is he's faced a top 10 defense TEN times this season and still has a 100 QB rating.

What are you talking about we have faced a mobile QB this season a few actually we faced Mike Vick, RG3, Alex Smith, Terrelle Pryor, and Andrew Luck. Also Wilson 100 QBR against a top 10 defense because he protects the football well hes a great game manager no doubt about it but hes going to have to continue to score points against the Broncos.

7. More physical and battle tested team, how can you claim that based on what exactly?

Great post.

Comment

The "We haven't played a mobile QB this year" is ridiculous. We just had a read option/mobile QB just 2 years ago with Tebow. We've played mobile QBs pretty well if you ask me.

Comment

1 more week until we slap them in the face.

Comment

The beatdown will be intense and physical. I expect a lot of suicides in Seattle come monday morning!

Comment

More critically, the Seahawks offensive line sucks.

Comment

Armchair, care to offer a rebuttal?

Comment

"Manning won't finish the game"
                "Jason Whitlock fears Mannings career will be ended!"
                "Worries abound over Mannings health due to the ferocious Seattle pass rush"

Seattle was 3 sacks from being league average in the regular season and no better in the post season. Where does this "ferocious pass rush" stuff come from Do their sacks just hurt a lot more than other teams sacks?
                Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 01-05-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinJames View Post

2. The Broncos haven't seen a pass rush like ours. The Seattle defense matches up well with the Broncos offense. They can rush 4 and still get pressure.

More physical and battle tested team, how can you claim that based on what exactly?

7. We beat the Broncos in the preseason pretty good, and I think they know this and are scared because of this.

Preseason we talkin' bout preseason not a game not a game preseason. but since you wanna bring up the preseason lets not act like Peyton didn't have almost 200 yds passing and Demaryius had 53 yds, Julius had 70 yds just in the first half. Peyton was moving the ball quite easily but again lets not talk about preseason a meaningless game where we obviously didn't set up a game plan and Peyton played one half.

1. Disagree: I imagine that Seattle will get a few stops because they are fundamentally sound in the concept of what they do but Denver will score. Seattle will need to at least score between 24-28 to have a chance if the Hawks defense is successful.

2. Disagree: We've seen better individual pass rushers than what this Seahawks team has. Mathis, Hali, Orakpo to name a few. Avril, Bennett, Clemons are solid-good pass rushers so they can't be taken lightly. Their DT's, Bryant (plays backside DE on run downs), Mebane, McDaniels are average at best getting to the QB. They are good run players.

On obvious pass downs, Seattle brings in a combination of 3 DE's, Clemons/Avril/Irwin on the field, bump Bennett to DT and most likely McDaniels at the 1 tech. They line up with Bennett in a 4I sitting on the tackle head up or outside shoulder and put Avril/Irwin at the 9 technique way outside the tackle. What this does is force leverage on the OL, spread them out, and they will stunt, twist, and sometimes stack Wagner close by and they will delay blitz once the OL engages. They will do this to stack formations, move the safety over the top and blitz from the bunch trying to confuse the offense.

While Seattle is good at rushing the passer, they aren't the best team we've ever seen on this front and they can be stopped by a good OL. Houston had backup former Bronco Ryan Harris playing LT and they protected Schaub very well during that game except for the stupid bootleg plays which is where Schaub threw his pick 6 to Sherman under pressure.

3. TBD - Decker/Thomas have been mugged up before and disappeared. Namely the New England/SD game. Seattle's MO on defense is hype and fear. They preach it every day to anybody who will listen. LEGION OF BOOM. BIGGEST DB'S IN THE LEAGUE. They will try to get away with every advantage they can get. They hold, PI, facemask, personal foul, you name it, they do it and I anticipate they will do it again. What I've seen on film is a team that struggles against size at the skill position that can run. Go watch the Houston game. Go watch the Atlanta game from last year. NE game. These guys were rolling out 6'5", 6'4" targets at WR/TE and the DB's were just bouncing off of them and it negated their length which is a strongsuit of theirs. Obviously this matchup will be one of the keys to the game. Seattle is going to try and slow down our skill guys to see if they can rush the passer. Our guys are going to have to be quick, running great routes and they will have to use their size to our advantage. A hidden factor here is that Seattle's DB's have traditionally played pretty damn well at home against confused QB's who can effictively communicate the offense vs. the crowd noise. That will not be the case in the Super Bowl.

4. TBD - Another key to the game. I think we tend to do better against bigger backs traditionally because of our size and speed in the front 7 as plays take longer for them to develop and we have fast free flowing LB's. That took a few blows with Miller, Vickerson and Wolfe going down though. Ryan Mathews exposed us a little bit with tough running when we lost at Denver. Since that time, it seems like we've incorporated more size at the LB position and we've really played extremely well against bigger backs. SD was a non-factor running the ball especially after they fell behind (truth be told, Mathews was not 100% either), but we dominated L. Blount for NE last week who is similar to Lynch albeit much more unproven. At the end of the day, it's goiing to come down our d-line playing the seahawks o-line. They've both had some great games and some inconsistency issues. I think Seattle will sellout for the run this game in an attempt to try and hold the ball so that means more read-option plays will be in with Lynch and Wilson should we try to key on #24, and I think there will be some designed motion sweep plays for Harvin if he's good to go. I could even see a few plays there they run the motion sweet read-option in an attempt to get some long gainers. I hope JDR is preparing for this. At the end of the day, penetration eliminates a lot of plays from the playbook. Pot Roast and the DT's will need to have a big day against this interior line which has struggled. Woolfork killed Unger all day last year during the Seattle - New England game and Lynch finished with 15 carries for 41 yards. It put a lot of pressure on Wilson and he struggled early with that. Denver needs to try replicate this. Another hidden stat here is that out of his 4 playoff games with Seattle the past two years, Lynch has coughed up the ball 3 times recovered by the opponents. He runs hard but that ball can come out if the defense swarms and swats at his arm.

5. Disagree : Denver has faced numerous running QB's as you have listed. I do think it presents some interesting challenges for our defense though on 3rd down.

6. Disagree : I think both teams are physical and battle tested. I might have agreed prior to the playoffs but Denver has punched SD & NE in the face dominating their games all the way through. I think it will be a hard hitting game on both sides, for both teams. It will be up to Denver to dispell this logic early that Seattle is the more physical team, similar to how Denver did against Green Bay in Super Bowl 32. You do that by wearing their ass out. If Denver strings together a bunch of long drives for scores against Seattle's defense, the crowd and the Seahawks defense will start losing confidence that they can stop them which is invaluable to what Seattle does mentally and physically. Get the DB's blaming each other for blown assignments. They haven't faced adversity like that much where as I think Denver has this season on offense and defense.

7. Disagree but it did show Denver that they need to bring their A game. Mental issues like penalities, busted assignments, being careless with the ball hurt us that game. Seattle looked better than we did. We gave up a KR for a TD, and fumbled the ball twice on their side of the field including on the 1 yard line which was returned for a TD. It took this team awhile to mature as those things continued to happen during the 1st half of the season. By Q4 of the season, we stopped putting the ball on the turf. Our HB's were picking up the right blitzing LB's springing Manning to hurt defenses for letting receivers go to blitz. I think it was an eye opening realization that this team will not be overconfident coming into this game and most will be determined to have some retribution. Special teams/turnovers to me will be a big part of this game. Denver cannot allow Seattle to have a short field. When we've done these two phases well, we are especially tough to beat and I think it's why we thoroughly dominated the Chargers and Patriots as we executed flawlessly on these fronts.

Comment

I feel ya man. Living in Seattle and listening to this garbage every day its really starting to wear on me.

Seahawk fans never want to actually talk about facts or football, they just yell BEATMODE ,12th MAN RAWWWWWR and pretend they are the first people to use those terms and they end any and all arguments.

They honestly believe that Denver had not only no chance, but doesn't even deserve to be in the Super bowl.

I haven't heard a single radio program here even attempt to objectively talk about the game, each teams strengths and weakness, how to exploit match ups or anything. Its all just "Denver had NEVER played a defense like this, PERCY HARVIN IS UNSTOPPABLE, Manning hasn't played agood defense all year and Seattle will knock him out of the game early, CHAMPIONS!!!!".

Im not even joking.it's so ridiculous.
                    Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 01-25-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                      Careful, it may turn into his own version of a Penthouse forum just when he talks about Wilson's hands.

Comment

Doesn't matter, brah. LOB, brah. Training brah. Good luck with that, brah.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                          Out

Brah

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
                            I feel ya man. Living in Seattle and listening to this garbage every day its really starting to wear on me.

Seahawk fans never want to actually talk about facts or football, they just yell BEATMODE ,12th MAN RAWWWWWR and pretend they are the first people to use those terms and they end any and all arguments.

They honestly believe that Denver had not only no chance, but doesn't even deserve to be in the Super bowl.

I haven't heard a single radio program here even attempt to objectively talk about the game, each teams strengths and weakness, how to exploit match ups or anything. Its all just "Denver had NEVER played a defense like this, PERCY HARVIN IS UNSTOPPABLE, Manning hasn't played agood defense all year and Seattle will knock him out of the game early, CHAMPIONS!!!!".

Im not even joking.it's so ridiculous.
                            I move to Seattle February 18th. It would be great to come in as the conquering villain!

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                              I move to Seattle February 18th. It would be great to come in as the conquering villain!
                              Ok if no when the Broncos win the Superbowl please get a Superbowl Champion t-shirt so your clothes can taunt the silly seahawks fans thats what I plan on doing .

Comment

Working...
                              X