Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson's passing when rolling out to his left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson's passing when rolling out to his left.

Has anyone come across any data on this?

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to make him roll out to his left (since he's rt handed) and make him throw across his body when he breaks the pocket and maybe clamp down on some of his deep balks.

This was a strategy that NYG used against Michael Vick and it was extremely effective.

By making him throw against his body your DBs, in theory, don't have to cover as much of the field.

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
    Has anyone come across any data on this?

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to make him roll out to his left (since he's rt handed) and make him throw across his body when he breaks the pocket and maybe clamp down on some of his deep balks.

This was a strategy that NYG used against Michael Vick and it was extremely effective.

By making him throw against his body your DBs, in theory, don't have to cover as much of the field.
    our DE just need to set the edges and keep him contained in the pocket. outside of the pocket Wilson is much better, but in the pocket he is not as comfortable. i don't let him roll out left or right if i am coaching.

Comment

...or we could just sack him.

Comment

It's more important to keep discipline and keep him in the pocket than it is to sack him.

We've been getting sacks but Wilson is far more mobile than Rivers and Brady. I'm worried about ou defensive linemen trying to chase him and him rolling right to survey the field for long passes.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
          It's more important to keep discipline and keep him in the pocket than it is to sack him.

We've been getting sacks but Wilson is far more mobile than Rivers and Brady. I'm worried about ou defensive linemen trying to chase him and him rolling right to survey the field for long passes.
          Keeping him the pocket is not really something that is particularly doable. Hell they intentionally roll him out on a regular basis.

Comment

He's deadly rolling right, so making him roll left wouldn't be a bad idea. However, if he has time to plant and heave, then it doesn't really matter.

A better bet, I think, is to keep him pinned inside the tackle box and force him to scramble around between the hash marks. If Denver can get him to run back far enough and pressure him, he has a tendency to draw intentional grounding penalties just like Brady does all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              Keeping him the pocket is not really something that is particularly doable. Hell they intentionally roll him out on a regular basis.
              That's why you force Wilson to stay in the pocket, throwing from the pocket is his weakness. It's why they roll him out so much. You don't let Wilson play to his strengths.

Comment

He plays QB like a 12 year old plays madden. Left, center, right, circles

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                  ...or we could just sack him.
                  Brah, this is what I would recommend. Good luck imo

Comment

Originally posted by SeahawkTalons View Post
                    Brah, this is what I would recommend. Good luck imo
                    Brah, I recommend you drink bleach imo

Comment

Tampa Bay was playing him with two dt's shading the 1 gaps, wide nine techniques pinching the pocket, blitzing the lb and shallow zone spying the other LB. It was interesting. I liked the idea of it. Seemed to force him on the move.

Btw, Tampa dropped 24 on them at Seattle.

Comment

Yeah...Tampa and Zona played us tough...definitely study them imo.

Comment

Carson Palmer is so awful. I can't believe you guys lost to him at home. What a **** show that must have been.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                            Carson Palmer is so awful. I can't believe you guys lost to him at home. What a **** show that must have been.
                            Was bad brah....missed easy field goals, stupid turnovers, everything that could go wrong..did go wrong. So we lost.

Zona is actually a very tough team on the defensive side though.

Comment

I was actually relieved when Seattle lost. Defending a 16-0 home-field advantage heading into the playoffs is very, VERY hard to do. Streaks like that can't go on forever.

But 15-1 is much more manageable. The 12th Man lost some of its luster, but not much. Seattle wasn't playing for its playoff life, either. Arizona was.

Losing to Arizona at home was just the kind of wake-up call the Hawks needed. And apparently, it worked!

Comment

Working...
                              X