Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    I say Hawaii. Completely neutral site and a great place to piggyback a vacation onto.

To get an old school feel, play it on real grass with some mud patches thrown in.

Why does the crappiest game (pro bowl) get the best location?
    That stadium in Hawaii sucks and there is nothing near it. Plus do you want to put up with all the Japanese tourists

Comment

I say Hawaii. Completely neutral site and a great place to piggyback a vacation onto.

To get an old school feel, play it on real grass with some mud patches thrown in.

Why does the crappiest game (pro bowl) get the best location?
      I've said this all along.....the NFL needs to build a Jerry's World type of stadium, funded by every NFL team fairly (1/32nd of the costs to build and maintain) and turn the Pro Bowl/Senior bowl into an spring exhibition game where the alleged top NFL players out of each conference play against the best NCAA players from the east/west, rotating each season AFC vs. East, NFC vs. West....AFC vs. West, NFC vs. East.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Super Bowl ticket prices not the only thing dropping. NYC hotel prices being slashed big time, disappointment setting in</p>&mdash; darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/426874066994491392">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Well, football is an all weather sport...neither sleet, rain, ice, snow, fog will stop the game from being played....and it's what makes the game so awesome

One idea i would suggest is to rotate between the AFC and NFC actually having home field advantage every other season....why should Miami or Tampa get to host a SB when their teams are generally also rans?

And that means the season ticket holders get to watch the game live instead of selling/giving them to celebrities and corporations, etc.....

Imagine the Broncos winning the AFC and hosting a SB.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            Even an English guy made it out that year!

broncoblue!
            Btw, how is your hot sister doing these days?

Comment

If we're going to say weather be damned as the league seems to have said this year... then my idea would be for the Super Bowl be played at the last SB winners venue. That way the "SB Champion" has a chance to defend the next year on their own turf (if they can make it). Big reward for a returning champion and makes it fair for all. If they're going to open it up for NEW YORK in FEB. then I say anything should go.

Comment

If we're going to say weather be damned as the league seems to have said this year... then my idea would be for the Super Bowl be played at the last SB winners venue. That way the "SB Champion" has a chance to defend the next year on their own turf (if they can make it). Big reward for a returning champion and makes it fair for all. If they're going to open it up for NEW YORK in FEB. then I say anything should go.
                That would make sense if they were optimizing for "fairness".

But the NFL is actually optimized for pockets lined with money, secret handshakes, and advertising revenue.

Out

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
                  Good news is next year is Phoenix. If we could get back here I could see that being a 5 day woodstock event for Broncos fans that would rival what we pulled off in Canton for Elway's HOF induction and that was epic. (3 days)
                  Booya!

Comment

Working...
                  X