Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    I think a manned mission to deep space or even just the Moon happens before another Cold weather city gets the SB which is a shame because I think Denver would be a great place to have one.
    And the only way a manned mission to deep space can happen is aboard a Russian or Chinese rocket because this country no longer has a viable space program having retired all of our own Space Shuttles as well as our big rockets.

Thanks, Obama! Thanks, Bush! Thanks, Clinton!

Thanks for nuttin'!

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
      How big our Cardinals 2006 tailgate was, I would love to see it. We have a lot of fans in that area, I believe some of those lots are private (or homes right across the street) and they can't stop you from tailgatting on private lots (then again, Meck77 says "Sure they can!")

Tickets will be expensive just because fans will want to spend SB weekend in good weather not the **** they are putting out this season. You can get a ticket on STUBHUB for $2500. I was figuring $4k minimum. Not a fun trip and everything is ultra expensive there anyways. Add the SB and those businesses will be jacking up the price sky high.
      That was epic...

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
        That was epic...
        Even an English guy made it out that year!

broncoblue!

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Super Bowl ticket prices not the only thing dropping. NYC hotel prices being slashed big time, disappointment setting in</p>&mdash; darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/426874066994491392">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
            the NFL absolutely is two faced in their blatant rejection of giving Denver a SB, even though Denver has a big enough stadium and oh yah, it's was a new stadium too.
            Denver would be a good Super Bowl host. Ski slopes would be crowded too.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
              And the only way a manned mission to deep space can happen is aboard a Russian or Chinese rocket because this country no longer has a viable space program having retired all of our own Space Shuttles as well as our big rockets.

Thanks, Obama! Thanks, Bush! Thanks, Clinton!

Thanks for nuttin'!

Please jump off of a bridge. Please?

Comment

All those old school Fans should be made to sit in freezing weather. From the early security checks to the Awful halftime show. a game that should take three hours to play drags on for what 5-6 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  All those old school Fans should be made to sit in freezing weather. From the early security checks to the Awful halftime show. a game that should take three hours to play drags on for what 5-6 hours?
                  Who _is_ doing the halftime show?

Please tell me it's *not* Aerosmith!

EDIT: Looks like it's the Chili Peppers. I can live w/ dat.

Out
                  Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-26-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Especially Aerosmith! Dude looks like an old lady. Don't care for the Chile Peppers either. Just Play the F ng Game!

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                      Especially Aerosmith! Dude looks like an old lady. Don't care for the Chile Peppers either. Just Play the F ng Game!
                      I actually LOVED Prince's halftime show in 2007. His solo on Purple Rain was amazing...and it really was raining.

http://www.idolator.com/6144832/memo...ime-show-video

Out

Comment

Bruno Mars is the lead act during the half time show. Red Hot Chili Peppers will be his back up dancers in twinkly lights I think. There is a thread on this topic you realize that right?

All In. Screw the Out nonsense.

Comment

Two things from Wikipedia on this game standout:

"The decision to play the game in New Jersey is made even more controversial by the fact that the NFL informed the Miami Dolphins that Sun Life Stadium would never host another Super Bowl until they put a roof over the stadium for fear of rain."

That is crazy. They tell Miami they cant have a Super Bowl for fear of rain, but NJ is getting one where the chance of snow and blizzards is probably more likely?

The second item concerns me more because it may mean the game gets moved and that would screw over a lot of people attending the game.

"The NFL announced on December 18, 2013, that in the event of a forecast of heavy snow, the game would be rescheduled for the Saturday before, or for the Monday or Tuesday after."

I realize weather can't always be planned for, bizarre stuff in Dallas sometimes happens, but to go knowingly into a cold weather area is a bit daft. At least when they had it in Detroit the stadium itself was covered. My only problem even with that is, that weather is a factor for travel and that could be a problem for people getting to or back from the game. In the end, they really should hold the Super Bowl in warm weather areas. Granted people probably are traveling from weather impacted areas, but that's not something they can do anything about. They can however ensure the place the game is played is not in question. I say play the Pro Bowl in NY and play the Super Bowl in Hawaii () But really, just make it like as mentioned in prior posts: Arizona, San Diego, Los Angeles (regardless of lack of team, but only if they bring a stadium up to Super Bowl standards..this could actually provide a seed to get a team there too), Florida, Texas. Domed stadiums in cold areas are okay, but I'd make those secondary to ones located in warmer areas.

Comment

No, there won't be anymore cold Super bowls. I live here in the DFW area...and the fact that Dallas got a snow/ice storm during the Super bowl....causing fans/media to deal with the weather....makes it debatable in terms of how long it will be before Jerry-world sees another one.

I've been debating going to the Super bowl....but, I'd be looking at around $15k for decent seats, airfare, hotel for my wife and I. $15-20k to freeze our asses off...I just can't pull the trigger. I need a new master bathroom. But, if the game was being played in Miami or San Diego...I might just go for it. Just being honest.

I've read a number of articles about tickets starting to come way down....so, who knows. They say that with the two teams being from the West...they're not drawing a lot of local interest at those prices. Not when the game is supposed to be in the 20's with a chance of snow.

Comment

I say Hawaii. Completely neutral site and a great place to piggyback a vacation onto.

To get an old school feel, play it on real grass with some mud patches thrown in.

Why does the crappiest game (pro bowl) get the best location?

Comment

at Armchair claiming Goodell is getting favors in return for giving out SB's.....

you do realize that the owners decide which cities get to host the SB, don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X