Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
    Good news is next year is Phoenix. If we could get back here I could see that being a 5 day woodstock event for Broncos fans that would rival what we pulled off in Canton for Elway's HOF induction and that was epic. (3 days)
    How big our Cardinals 2006 tailgate was, I would love to see it. We have a lot of fans in that area, I believe some of those lots are private (or homes right across the street) and they can't stop you from tailgatting on private lots (then again, Meck77 says "Sure they can!")

Tickets will be expensive just because fans will want to spend SB weekend in good weather not the **** they are putting out this season. You can get a ticket on STUBHUB for $2500. I was figuring $4k minimum. Not a fun trip and everything is ultra expensive there anyways. Add the SB and those businesses will be jacking up the price sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
      Will we ever again have a split personality poster with two favorite teams in Super Bowl. Will said person post endlessly on both boards as if he belongs to each exclusively? The questions, the questions.
      Look, if you want to try to derail every post or thread I make, go ahead. But in this thread, at least, YOU'RE the one raising the overall level of noise, not me.

The OP is a legitimate question, particularly since Mile High is an open-air stadium in a cold climate. And not that long ago, it was a new stadium. Yet apparently this didn't seem to matter to the NFL when it came to awarding Super Bowl venues.

The deck is stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
        Damn, it's 70 degrees in No Cal today. Move the game here and give Candlestick one final send off.
        60's here in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
          As long as Goddell is Commissioner and getting his palms greased by places like NY and Jacksonville (not big enough to hold that many people traveling into that small city), you bet it will continue. He is all about favors and not reality when it comes to SB.
          Drudge Report recently linked to an article last week about the non-profit status of the NFL (yep, it's officially a Not-For-Profit 501 c 6 organization). The commish make $29.5 million per year, which is more than the CEO's of Ford, Heinz, Goldman Sachs and FedEx.

As a non-profit org, the NFL is required by law to donate a certain amount of money each year to "charities". In 2012, total donations amounted to a paltry $2.3 million, of which $2.1 million went to the NFL's own Hall of Fame!

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the Commish ended up with a sweetheart deal on a Park Avenue apartment right after the "vote" for NYC to host SB 48.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/01/21...rd-heinz-fedex

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
            I kicked around going to soak up the scene but that area if New Jersey just sucks. Did it for a Giants game years ago. They aren't even allowing tailgating. If it was Florida or California I'd go and make it a fishing trip combo. New jersey. No thanks.
            Go to the Broncos 8th next year in AZ

Comment

A league exec basically said the publicity and reality show it makes for is why an open aired cold SB WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                A league exec basically said the publicity and reality show it makes for is why an open aired cold SB WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.
                As long as the only variables for the game are cold weather and some wind.

But if there's another big snowstorm, all bets are off. It will be an epic fail on the part of the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                  As long as the only variables for the game are cold weather and some wind.

But if there's another big snowstorm, all bets are off. It will be an epic fail on the part of the NFL.
                  more and more viewership is not a fail. The butts in the seats of the actual game mean nil.

An epic snowstore might benefit the N$FL

Comment

As long as Goddell is Commissioner and getting his palms greased by places like NY and Jacksonville (not big enough to hold that many people traveling into that small city), you bet it will continue. He is all about favors and not reality when it comes to SB.

If I was commissioner:

1) increase SB tickets to both teams by 10% minimum
                    2) decrease tickets to all other teams and base it on record. The worst your record, the less tickets you get. Make it the the Conference Championship, you keep your same allotment.
                    3) Have SB only in Miami, New Orleans, Dallas/Houston (can be persuaded to can the whole Texas state), Phoenix, San Diego (only when they do some improvements to stadium).
                    4) Let LA host SB and Pro Bowl even though they have no team.
                    5) Bring back tailgatting in a smaller section and RV, 3 day passes, where stadiums can accept it. Does not matter if you have tickets or not but those that do get first priority.
                    6) Have some preseason games at neutral sites in the states or possibly Canada. This will offset some cost to season ticket holders that pay full price for scrubs.
                    oh hey on that #2 bit, also decrease tickets to anyone on the NE Patriots to Zero. Because they are assholes and they cheat. and also **** them.

As for why they can get away with saying no to Denver, they will always use the altitude as a reason to deny too, not just the cold.

Comment

No this is a bad idea period.

We want to see the very best game possible. That means the weather not

playing any role in it.

I was also going to ask this question but the douches around here

would F it up.

But no this weather affecting the game is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                        oh hey on that #2 bit, also decrease tickets to anyone on the NE Patriots to Zero. Because they are a-holes and they cheat. and also **** them.

As for why they can get away with saying no to Denver, they will always use the altitude as a reason to deny too, not just the cold.
                        Why would you care on #2? Those hundreds of tickets that Raiders get (or Denver) will never go to you unless you are a sponsor or big wig inside Dove Valley. I have never heard of the Broncos giving SB tickets to a season ticket holder that Denver was not actually in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          more and more viewership is not a fail. The butts in the seats of the actual game mean nil.

An epic snowstore might benefit the N$FL
                          It's all about advertising revenue.

Advertisers will be pissed off big time if this game isn't played on Sunday as planned. I guarantee you there are clauses in the TV ads for this game that will significantly reduce the cost of Budweiser and Audi and Ford and Victoria's Secret ads if the game is not played on a Sunday.

Most of the big money in the NFL comes from TV revenue (which itself comes from ad revenue).

Comment

I don't care about advertisers revenue. I care about watching the game.

Comment

I think a manned mission to deep space or even just the Moon happens before another Cold weather city gets the SB which is a shame because I think Denver would be a great place to have one.

Comment

Why would you care on #2? Those hundreds of tickets that Raiders get (or Denver) will never go to you unless you are a sponsor or big wig inside Dove Valley. I have never heard of the Broncos giving SB tickets to a season ticket holder that Denver was not actually in the Super Bowl.
                                Amazingly I don't ****ing care. I was kidding and also anytime I can express my hatred of the Patriots it tends to go there. but whatever. no point in giving a **** anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X