Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Will the NFL ever have another SB at a cold-weather, open-air stadium?

Given the uncertainty surrounding SB 48 and the strong likelihood that this game will be played in freezing temperatures with at least *some* snow, I think the answer is a resounding "NO".

A new stadium in colder climate *might* get a SB berth, but otherwise, I think #48 is the last of the cold-weather Super Bowls.

Will armpit ever realize he has wondered into the wrong team's message board.

Comment

I kicked around going to soak up the scene but that area if New Jersey just sucks. Did it for a Giants game years ago. They aren't even allowing tailgating. If it was Florida or California I'd go and make it a fishing trip combo. New jersey. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
        Will armpit ever realize he has wondered into the wrong team's message board.
        The word you're looking for is "wandered". Learn how to spell!

Comment

it's really annoying that 1. Manning is finally back in the big game and it's the first time in 40 years it's at an outdoor cold weather stadium and 2. the NFL absolutely is two faced in their blatant rejection of giving Denver a SB, even though Denver has a big enough stadium and oh yah, it's was a new stadium too.

total crap move by the NFL.

Now, because the east coast just happens to be cycling though one of it's worst winter seasons in a long, long time, the chances of Denver ever getting the SB is even slimmer than before.

total baloney.

Comment

Gonna be a whole lot of pissed off seahak fans when the weather crutches that defense. Everyone knows seahaks offense sucks. Fear the glove!

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
              I kicked around going to soak up the scene but that area if New Jersey just sucks. Did it for a Giants game years ago. They aren't even allowing tailgating. If it was Florida or California I'd go and make it a fishing trip combo. New jersey. No thanks.
              There must have been some pretty serious horse trading going on for NYC to get the bid.

Mike Holmgren was on KJR radio in Seattle yesterday, and he said he was at the meeting where the vote for SB 48 took place. He said initially it looked like NYC wouldn't have a chance. Then he said (I'm paraphrasing): "You know how it is in the Senate when it looks like a bill is going to fail, and the the fat cats have a secret meeting in a room for 5 minutes? And when when they come out, the bill suddenly passes? Well, that's what happened for Super Bowl 48."

Comment

It needs to be in Hawaii... every year.

Comment

Good news is next year is Phoenix. If we could get back here I could see that being a 5 day woodstock event for Broncos fans that would rival what we pulled off in Canton for Elway's HOF induction and that was epic. (3 days)

Comment

Good news is next year is Phoenix. If we could get back here I could see that being a 5 day woodstock event for Broncos fans that would rival what we pulled off in Canton for Elway's HOF induction and that was epic. (3 days)
                    boosh!

Comment

Better start saving.

Comment

Will we ever again have a split personality poster with two favorite teams in Super Bowl. Will said person post endlessly on both boards as if he belongs to each exclusively? The questions, the questions.

Comment

Was going to post the ELWAY HOF tailgate thread link for the newbies but it appears a lot of omane history has been wiped out of the archives. None of the old stuff is there anymore. That sucks. Taco John anyway to restore some of the old stuff? Would certainly like to grab some of those pics for my archive.

Comment

As long as Goddell is Commissioner and getting his palms greased by places like NY and Jacksonville (not big enough to hold that many people traveling into that small city), you bet it will continue. He is all about favors and not reality when it comes to SB.

If I was commissioner:

1) increase SB tickets to both teams by 10% minimum
                            2) decrease tickets to all other teams and base it on record. The worst your record, the less tickets you get. Make it the the Conference Championship, you keep your same allotment.
                            3) Have SB only in Miami, New Orleans, Dallas/Houston (can be persuaded to can the whole Texas state), Phoenix, San Diego (only when they do some improvements to stadium).
                            4) Let LA host SB and Pro Bowl even though they have no team.
                            5) Bring back tailgatting in a smaller section and RV, 3 day passes, where stadiums can accept it. Does not matter if you have tickets or not but those that do get first priority.
                            6) Have some preseason games at neutral sites in the states or possibly Canada. This will offset some cost to season ticket holders that pay full price for scrubs.
                            Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Damn, it's 70 degrees in No Cal today. Move the game here and give Candlestick one final send off.

Comment

Working...
                              X