No announcement yet.

Ohhh NO! Percy Harvin is going to play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh NO! Percy Harvin is going to play!

Earlier this week it was all-Richard-Sherman talk in this one-note town ... since then it's been most-all Percy Harvin talk, "PERCY HAS BEEN CLEARED TO PLAY!".

I'll admit it's been cute listening to them all year long, 'If only Percy Harvin could play! If only Percy Harvin could play!' But this is too much, guy just now came up to me at Office-freaking-Depot and says "Percy Harvin is healthy, and you can't game-plan for him!" I was wearing Broncos jersey and cap, so there's that, but I calmly let him have it anyway: "As a wideout, Harvin is merely an above-average deep threat, and they say he's a pretty good kick returner, but how can we be sure? He only returned one all year," (didn't mention that one return made him the 2013 NFL kick return champ), "Why? Because he's so fragile. Besides you guys have made it this far without him, why not talk about the guys who made that happen?" He slinked off, mumbling something about he knows why I'm in a bad mood.

I understand their angst ... they wildly overpaid the Vikings to get him - 1st and a 3rd - but Percy Harvin is not Superman.

should have told him past 4 years = this 1 year for DT.

Comment

*yawn*

Comment

Put Gordie effin Welkah out at corner for one play and we'll take care of that problem.

Comment

I'm excited to see how we game plan for him. There's not a lot of tape on him so it should be interesting. Definitely an "x" factor.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
            I'm excited to see how we game plan for him. There's not a lot of tape on him so it should be interesting. Definitely an "x" factor.
            There's plenty of tape of Harvin out there. The guy is a gimmick player.

Comment

Comment

Percy has talent and brings some qualities our defense will have to prepare for. He will be involved in the pass/run games. It is something to watch for sure. Seattle makes a living off broken plays turning into 50 yd catches. Harvin has the speed to win individual battles. Denver's CB's will have to be plugged in for 60 minutes and shut these guys down. Champ is going to draw some of these coverages when he is in the slot. Should be fun to watch with all the marbles on the line. I have a feeling that Champ is going to play a great game.

Comment

He was a one man wrecking crew last time Denver played Harvin.

He's a playmaker with the ball in his hands so he bring another element to their team that has to be gameplanned for.

Just like Von was not Von but still had to account for him on every play

Comment

They'll force the ball his way a few times early, just watch .... they did it BOTH games he played in this year, and he got hurt and left both games after 4 or 5 snaps (injuries were legit, the hits were brutal, but still).

Pete Carroll talks more about Harvin than any other player, or at least those are the bites we see on the news. He's trying to alibi for the one dumb move Schneider has made.

Comment

The guy has good feet, good hands and great speed. Very hard to tackle 1 on 1. He's mostly used in the return game, screens and and plays designed where he lines up as a WR but motions to the backfield for a reverse or draw. You still have to cover the guy, any WR in the NFL can basically catch and run if he's left wide open. That said, he's not a stellar route runner. He's definitely better against a zone coverage then he is tight man coverage.

If he plays, I would use DRC on him just because his speed is so good I'm not sure Champ could cover him 40 yards down the field. You would want to put safety help on Harvin if Champ covers him.

Comment

Good. I want the D on their toes, hyper aware. The bigger the challenge, the better. They’ve answered the bell 4 straight games now and a 5th would bring us to glory.

Comment

Anyone know what the story is with Trindon Holliday?

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

If he plays, I would use DRC on him just because his speed is so good I'm not sure Champ could cover him 40 yards down the field. You would want to put safety help on Harvin if Champ covers him.
                            You're right. But I've heard Peyton has been smoking off some fast 40 times lately. Maybe he'll play both ways.

Comment

This guy is their Jacoby Jones/Torrey Smith.

I expect some Go-Rout type **** off of play action and or Wilson scrambling with them trying to beat us with 70 yard TD's over the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X