BigGameWeather.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigGameWeather.com

I'm retired NWS, and this is the most official and detailed Super Bowl weather site I've come across...

<a href="http://biggameweather.com">BigGameWeather.com</a>

Can you dumb that down for us mouth breathers?

Comment

Appreciate the extra source of info but you couldnt have included this in the existing weather thread?

And further this site is less about the forecast/models and more about the historical data for this time of the year. Short answer is that sometimes its nice, sometimes its cold, sometimes its windy, sometimes its not.

I am much more interested in seeing the likelihood of conditions based on how things shape up now. Each day, the forecast is incrementally more accurate than the last.
      Last edited by Zealot; 01-22-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the new thread, I wouldn't have found it as I gave up on the dumpster fire of the other weather thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
          Appreciate the extra source of info but you couldnt have included this in the existing weather thread?
          I'm seeing all kinds of crazy stuff in the other weather threads--and the New Jersey weather people know their area best. As I see it as a meteorologist, game temperature highly likely to be in the teens; too early to tell on wind or possible snow. I also think Manning can execute in cold weather every bit as good if not better than Russell Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
            I'm seeing all kinds of crazy stuff in the other weather threads--and the New Jersey weather people know their area best. As I see it as a meteorologist, game temperature highly likely to be in the teens; too early to tell on wind or possible snow. I also think Manning can execute in cold weather every bit as good if not better than Russell Wilson.
            Not doubting you but why do you think the temp will be much lower than the forecasted low for the data according to accuweather? I actually dont see forecasts from the other usual suspects sites (weather.gov, wunderground. weather.com).

Comment

I mean, ok. So yes, the Broncos CAN play in the cold. I am not worried about that.

What I am most peeved by is that this is terrible for the fans. All other Super Bowls were smartly played in warm or domed conditions (minus the rainy Colts vs. Bears recently).

So now, the year the Broncos make it back, the fans have to endure below freezing temperatures and biting wind chill.

AWESOME JORB NFL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                I mean, ok. So yes, the Broncos CAN play in the cold. I am not worried about that.

What I am most peeved by is that this is terrible for the fans. All other Super Bowls were smartly played in warm or domed conditions (minus the rainy Colts vs. Bears recently).

So now, the year the Broncos make it back, the fans have to endure below freezing temperatures and biting wind chill.

AWESOME JORB NFL!!!
                I could honestly give a **** about the fans. Most of them are corporate etc etc. And honestly, the quieter it is, the bigger the advantage to the Broncos. Peyton can do all his Peyton things at the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                  Not doubting you but why do you think the temp will be much lower than the forecasted low for the data according to accuweather?
                  Accuweather is just using numerical computer output which tends to be smoothed to near normal the farther you go out, particularly at 10 days. I'm considering that a) jetstream pattern indicates it's a cold, below normal temperature regime over the northeastern U.S over the next 8-14 days; b) the game is at night, roughly 630-10pm local; and c) there's still going to be lingering snow cover in the area from yesterday's storm which suppresses temperatures locally. So yeah, I think temps in the teens are a good probability, but admittedly it's 10 days out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
                    Accuweather is just using numerical computer output which tends to be smoothed to near normal the farther you go out, particularly at 10 days. I'm considering that a) jetstream pattern indicates it's a cold, below normal temperature regime over the northeastern U.S over the next 8-14 days; b) the game is at night, roughly 630-10pm local; and c) there's still going to be lingering snow cover in the area from yesterday's storm which suppresses temperatures locally. So yeah, I think temps in the teens are a good probability, but admittedly it's 10 days out.
                    LetsGoBroncos is gonna have you on speed dial

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                      I could honestly give a **** about the fans. Most of them are corporate etc etc. And honestly, the quieter it is, the bigger the advantage to the Broncos. Peyton can do all his Peyton things at the line.
                      Great points. Won't be a lot of homers on either side. That together with the likelihood of colder weather will keep the corporates who are there for the "event" quieter and inside more often.
                      We could hear plenty of "OMAHA" while the Broncos train rolls over the Seahawks D

Comment

It's going to be nice in my living room

Still think it's stupid to have the Super Bowl in the freezing ****ing jersey swamp

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsCheer View Post
                          It's going to be nice in my living room

Still think it's stupid to have the Super Bowl in the freezing ****ing jersey swamp
                          It's perfect. Wonderful football weather.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post

AWESOME JORB NFL!!!
                            I think this is one of the greatest ideas. Having a Super Bowl in the elements. The NFL going back to its roots and playing its ultimate game in the spirit of the season. Just wish there was dead grass instead of field turf!

Comment

The NFL says they'll change the game time if they have to.

Comment

Working...
                              X