Super Bowl parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl parties

Is anyone declining invites to Super Bowl parties because they want to give full undivided attention to the game? If I go to a party I find myself B.S.ing with people and missing plays which generally isn't a problem for me as long as the Broncos aren't playing. GO BRONCOS!!!!
    Yes, I'll be at/having a Super Bowl party
    46.77%
    No, I'd prefer to watch the game at home
    53.23%

There's always time to BS with people, during halftime...

Comment

I think I'm going to vegas for the game, so the whole place will probably be a giant super bowl party. I'm excited, but super nervous to change my routine.

Comment

I've already told my family and my in laws that I won't be watching the game with them for that exact reason. My best friend is coming into town from Charollette with his brother, he's about the only person who understands the microscope that I watch every game with, so we are shipping our wives off and watching the game in solitude.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineLegion View Post
          I've already told my family and my in laws that I won't be watching the game with them for that exact reason. My best friend is coming into town from Charollette with his brother, he's about the only person who understands the microscope that I watch every game with, so we are shipping our wives off and watching the game in solitude.
          I was debating on making the wife and kids stay in the basement! I want the kiddos to see the Broncos so that they can remember a Super Bowl, unlike most Chiefs fans I know

Comment

No people over for me... all season we didn't have anyone over, not going to change now.

Reminds me of a SuperBowl party my nephew had a few years back when the Raiders went to the SuperBowl against the Bucs. He was a huge Raider fan, had Banners made, food catered, balloons, big party.

As the Raiders were losing that game, my brother-in-law his dad, was popping the balloons as Tampa Bay scored, funniest thing.

Needless to say my nephew left the party before the 4th quarter started.

Comment

I'll be attending a Super Bowl party with friends and family.

It's usually one of my favorite days of the year, but this year especially!

Comment

I thinking about having a a urinal installed on the wall in the room with beer fridge and the 60".

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBen View Post
                  No people over for me... all season we didn't have anyone over, not going to change now.

Reminds me of a SuperBowl party my nephew had a few years back when the Raiders went to the SuperBowl against the Bucs. He was a huge Raider fan, had Banners made, food catered, balloons, big party.

As the Raiders were losing that game, my brother-in-law his dad, was popping the balloons as Tampa Bay scored, funniest thing.

Needless to say my nephew left the party before the 4th quarter started.
                  Lmao! That is hysterical man. I can imagine all that happening

Comment

No, I feel no reason to be around people who may be disinterested in the game, but feel they have to participate.

Just my wife and I, and a bottle of Bourbon

Comment

Plan to do what I did for the playoff games and go to the Bronco bar here in Chicago.

You have to get there hours early just to get in, you end up standing in an overcrowded bar the whole time, nearly impossible to get a beer in less than 15 min if you aren't right at the bar...

But, god, it is so nice to watch the game in an atmosphere where you can scream and swear at the TV the whole time and everybody else is joining in. Honestly, makes it less stressful than watching at home. Plus it's a hell of a lot of fun celebrating with hundreds of drunk Bronco fans!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                        No, I feel no reason to be around people who may be disinterested in the game, but feel they have to participate.
                        Couldn't have put it better myself.

The last one I went to was when I was in the Navy and we played the Packers. My room mate invited me to a party at some other guy's house that he knew. Little did I know, it was a Packer fest and I was the only Broncos fan there.

They ran their mouths the entire day before the game, and during...until, well...you know.

Comment

My deepest level of Bronco hell was watching the 05 AFC Championship with a group of casual fans, including one "Bronco" fan who had no clue what was going on, kept making moronic suggestions to the team, etc.

I swore never again to watch a playoff game in mixed company. Only people with an unhealthy level of investment like me.

Comment

Does it count as a party if it's just me, my dad, and my 2 boys?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                              My deepest level of Bronco hell was watching the 05 AFC Championship with a group of casual fans, including one "Bronco" fan who had no clue what was going on, kept making moronic suggestions to the team, etc.

I swore never again to watch a playoff game in mixed company. Only people with an unhealthy level of investment like me.
                              I couldn't agree more...I just want to react to each play, pace back and forth, stress out, and post stupid reactionary stuff in the game thread.

If I watch with people they better be just as emotionally invested as I am.

I've already gotten invited to 2 parties, and it's hard to explain to them that this game will not be fun for me. Won't be party time. It won't be "a good time with friends." It will in fact be one of the most stressful days of my life, and I want to spend it with my dad, whose actually worse about it than me, and my boys, so they may know the heartbreaks and rewards of being a true bronco fan.
                              Last edited by spdirty; 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X