Broncos outscore opponents in playoffs 37-3 through first 3 quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos outscore opponents in playoffs 37-3 through first 3 quarters

That's just a mind blowing stat. And we all know that we've even left a few points on the board that we easily could have had. None the less, I like this stat very much. More so then any other stat. More then TOP, more then turnovers, more then 1st downs, more then 3rd downs. Because to dominate this much throughout most of the game says that all of those areas we are winning. It tells me the Broncos are coming out with fantastic game plans and the players are executing the game plan to near perfection. It tells me this defense is playing the best it has all year, when it matters the most. It tells me the Broncos are controlling their opponents and the game in a BIG way through the first 3 quarters. They then dictate to the other team how they must play in the 4th quarter (pass, pass pass). We need to clean up the 4th quarter but after seeing this stat, it just gives me a ton of confidence we got this.
    Last edited by ZONA; 01-21-2014, 10:19 PM.

I think Seahawks know of this and the media should know. Two different games in both situations. Only worry was the Chargers game where we were sucked in with Jammer. No worry there anymore if we stay healthy. We were so ahead of Brady that prevent defense was coming to us early.

Comment

People keep talking about the reg season Seattle defense. Yeah...how they played in Oct, Sept, and Nov really matters at this point. Look at the last 4 games. Hell just look at the playoffs.

If we play clean and get off the field on 3rd down...there is no team that can beat us period.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
        People keep talking about the reg season Seattle defense. Yeah...how they played in Oct, Sept, and Nov really matters at this point. Look at the last 4 games. Hell just look at the playoffs.

If we play clean and get off the field on 3rd down...there is no team that can beat us period.
        There are Seattle posters in here boasting about Seattle's defense from LAST year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
          I think Seahawks know of this and the media should know. Two different games in both situations. Only worry was the Chargers game where we were sucked in with Jammer. No worry there anymore if we stay healthy. We were so ahead of Brady that prevent defense was coming to us early.
          What's there to know? Of course they know. It's not like it's a secret or anything. It just means we are playing damn good football. It's not like they are going to game plan differently because we're playing well in the first 3 quarters. It's not like they're telling their guys, hey we're going to get them in the 4th so keep your heads up. Coaches preach all the time about playing hard every play, every game. If anything, I think it's just a nice confidence boost to our team, stating we are and have been playing great lately. We're peaking at the perfect time as a whole team. We're not scoring 50 points a game but as many of us have stated, our offense is not fizzing out, our points per possession is even higher in the playoffs then during the regular season. It means we are holding the ball longer and giving our defense the rest it needs. And vice versa, the defense is getting stops because they are fresh and giving the ball back to the offense to help control that clock.

Ah damn man - I can't wait 2 weeks.

Comment

Yeah people keep pointing to the high profile units on both sides: Denver's offense against the Seattle Defense. They're both top units with big name players. I get it.

But this game will be won on the other side - Denver's defense versus Seattle's offense. And Denver matches up very well against them. You're talking a top unit against the run that has held their last seven opponents to 18 points a game. And one of those games we pulled our starters in the second half.

Conversely, Russell Wilson hasn't played that well lately. He has averaged a 1 to 1 TD to interception ration. Their offense has averaged one and half TD's per game the last seven games, including playoffs, and they have as many TD's as Field goals. Russell Wilson in that time period has 4 TD's against 3 interceptions.

The Broncos also have more sacks against better offensive lines in the playoff than the Seahawks do.

They key is protecting the ball. If Denver can do that, and if Denver can slow Lynch down, or even outright stop their rushing attack they way they have the Patriots, Chargers, Texans and Raiders, and force Wilson to stay in the pocket, things will get very difficult for Seattle.

Comment

Lost in all the media masturbation over the vaunted SEA defense is the fact that the Broncos defense is looking just as formidable in the post season.

You can bet this oversight won't be lost on our players these next two weeks, however.

Comment

If we play clean
                and get off the field on 3rd down...there is no team that can beat us period.
                If we just play clean, period. Eliminate turnovers, costly penalties and Special Team blunders, we are almost unbeatable.

Comment

That is an amazing stat, especially since we played two of the top offenses in the league.

It's going to be a long 2 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                    That is an amazing stat, especially since we played two of the top offenses in the league.

It's going to be a long 2 weeks!
                    But the Pats were depleted, dont forget. Ive read that 15 times in the last week so it must be true. There was just nothing they could do about it. ****ing gag

Comment

I have a tempid level of interest in this stat

Comment

I think what is going to be really key is getting Wilson out of rythm. Make him scramble when he doesn't need to, hit him a bit, make him uncomfortable in the pocket, it will help the secondary if he pulls the ball down and runs and it will help the front 7 key more on the run and keeping contain and solid gap discipline.

Honestly, right now it looks like this team is executing better than any other team in the playoffs. Frankly, shutting down the Chargers and Patriots was a much bigger task than Wilson and Lynch will be. Del Rio has his guys fired up, the rotation on the front 7 defensively is keeping people going the whole game and making it tough for the offense to get rythm against our guys. Remarkably, other than turnover on downs, we have not forced a single turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                          I have a tempid level of interest in this stat
                          *tepid

Comment

It shows that the players are taking the concept of "2nd season" (or 3rd season, if you count the annoying pre-season) seriously...

Comment

Reminds me of the 1998 team in the playoffs. The struggled down the stretch, but were able to shift gears when the playoffs started.

Comment

Working...
                              X