Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodell Continues to Tinker... Playoffs on Fri & Mon. Eliminate extra points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one ever talks about the Moon landing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
      Ad as far as adding more playoff spots, it's stupid. Who wants to see 8-8 teams make the playoffs?
      All these ****s care about is lining their pockets with more $$$$

Comment

I am never a fan of watering down the playoff field, and it 14 get in........ thats probably an "ok" number but damnnit if we all know that it will hit 16 in the next 10 years...which would suck.

As for playoffs on Fridays or Mondays or both.... sure, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRacer View Post
          More football MORE money. 18 game season will also be coming.
          I've actually warmed up to the idea of 18 games, on the condition that players are only allowed to play in 16, you will clearly see a separation between smart and prepared coaches and club player personnel departments and those teams with weak coaches and scouts. Depth and player development now becomes more of a factor during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            If they want to make extra points more interesting and make 2 point conversions more common, just move the extra point attempt back to the 25 or 30 yard line.

For all the hate Aga gets around here - he nailed this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              Goodell is not the man I want tinkering with the NFL. His only motivation is short-term greed. How much tinkering can you do before the game loses all integrity?
              Dunno. Ask the P*ts.

Comment

football is cool and it's fun to watch, but the seemingly unending greed turning the league into a sideshow for London, China, the Sahara Desert, and 6-10 playoff teams playing on a Monday night or Friday night, conceding the halftime show to middle-aged white suburban chicks, etc... is getting old

Comment

Main thing for me is Thursday games should be played by teams coming off the bye week. Don't know why the league can't figure the logistics out. Makes too much sense. Better quality game. Avoids injuring players playing too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRacer View Post
                    BINGO. It is all about Fantasy Football. And safety rules to avoid concussion suits. I can't wait for the China team.
                    At least then 'World Champions' might actually become feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
                      Bump b****es.
                      You really haven't changed from the hysterical blowhard you were before your absence, huh?

Are you so naive that you truly believe if Goodell was gone that anything would change? That the owners wouldn't just replace him with another bot to do their bidding? You're buying into their plan, which is make him the focal point of the negative things the league has to do - it redirects from the owners.

Keep up the hysterics, Footsteps. It's who you are!

Comment

I don't care about adding teams to playoffs... whatever... The extra point should stay where it is. I like it now that the kicker misses once and awhile. I think one week there were 6 missed extra points.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                          I agree. I love the two point dynamic. It was so great when Tom Brady knew he needed two points, and watching his face when they missed it was priceless. Why get rid of that?
                          Because the Pats introduced the longer PAT and it burned them. Now suddenly the NFL wants to pull PAT's all together.

I watched NFL Insiders today and they said now that the NFL has moved the spot of the ball to the 25 on touchbacks teams will try to kick the ball high and short to get hang time and kick it around the 10 in order to allow gunners to get down and blow the returner up before he can setup a return.

Unintended consequences.

Comment

You guys do realize that the NFL competition committee is responsible for rule changes, after they review and discuss feedback from every NFL team. The only thing Roger Goodell does is select who is on the committee

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                              You guys do realize that the NFL competition committee is responsible for rule changes, after they review and discuss feedback from every NFL team. The only thing Roger Goodell does is select who is on the committee
                              Prepare for Foosteps to vomit all over you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                                You really haven't changed from the hysterical blowhard you were before your absence, huh?

Are you so naive that you truly believe if Goodell was gone that anything would change? That the owners wouldn't just replace him with another bot to do their bidding? You're buying into their plan, which is make him the focal point of the negative things the league has to do - it redirects from the owners.

Keep up the hysterics, Footsteps. It's who you are!
                                To bad for you I never said Goodell was personally responsible for rule changes, though I notice plenty of your boyfriends on this thread did just that, including some of the same little clowns busting my chops for it on the other thread. To bad for you I linked on the other thread to a specific post months ago where I specifically noted the Competition Committee was responsible for rule changes.

Didn't they teach reading at Mormon school?

Comment

Working...
                                X