Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodell Continues to Tinker... Playoffs on Fri & Mon. Eliminate extra points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodell is an idiot.

They must think what they have now is not quality. Make it worse Goodell. That's your job

Comment

Originally posted by Ol#7 View Post
      I am with him on adding two teams to the field, but that is it. Sucks when you are 10-6 or 11-5 and dont get in, while some sad sack division winner does. Arizona beat Seattle in Seattle, and should have had a better shot at the post season than seeing another team with the same record have to get beat by Tampa on the last week to get in. Same thing when we went 11-5 (Browns won their division at 8-8 that year), 11-5 Pats, with 32 teams that will happen more often than not. 18 teams still stay home. But play on Sunday.

Also, FFS, keep the extra point the way it is. Sure it's nearly irrelevant, but if you must tinker then move it to the 10 or 15 for field goal tries and keep the 2 pt try the same distance then. Seen too many games decided by an extra point miss. Saints against Jags (after all the laterals), Us against Jags (whats with Jax?), Cowboys vs Seahawks...Why mess that up?
      I think this post is interesting...

The extra teams making the playoffs won't be 8-8 teams, they will be teams with better records that also happen to not be the best record in their division. I think the Broncos have missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record because the Chiefs had a better record.

All kicks should be scored electronically, not unlike baseball pitches versus the strike zone. We don't need two officials to guess if it is a good kick. The wind blowing the uprights around isn't better. If you want to add challenge, move the camera's inward for extra points. It's not that difficult.

Lastly, when the heck are we going to get 18 game seasons? That's what needs to happen to generate revenue. And when the heck is Belicheat going to have to come to Denver during the regular season?

Comment

Why not just move extra points back further making it a slightly tougher kick? The problem with removing it IMO would be a bunch of kickers lose jobs. How does the union justify that if they go along with it.

Comment

I dont see how its fair to make teams play a playoff game on a Friday or Monday considering the fewer preparation days. If it goes to 14 teams theyll have to do 1, 4 and 7:30 starts on Saturday and Sunday. The high seeds should get the 4PM start with the 4 Seed getting the 1pm.

Comment

Expanding the playoffs is fine. It gets the NFL their extra games without having to go through a 18 regular game season(which is nonsense).
            It allows for more revenue to be generated which is good for the game.
            The issue I have is Friday/Monday playoff games. Leave it on Saturday and Sunday.
            The extra point thing is just dumb. Leave it alone. They have tweaked special teams enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
              Bill Belichick was the 1st to suggest this publicly years ago.

Extra point is really a pointless play.

When was the last time one was missed?
              Week 14, there was a game with 8 TD's and the teams were a combined 0/1 on PAT's. That game would have been much, much more boring if they automatically got the 1 point each time. And as others have mentioned there are always classics like the Saints double miracle.

If anything, they should combine the old rules with the new. Eliminate the 2-pt conversion BUT make the extra point the same as the current 2-pt play. That way every single extra point is of the exciting 46% variety, like that Lions-Eagles game. There would be far fewer overtime games though, which means fewer commercials.

I have NO idea why they would purely eliminate the PAT, unless it is just to draw attention away from a more controversial change. As has been mentioned, the PAT takes at most 10 seconds and can ONLY make the game more interesting. I kind of like my forcing the 2-yd play idea though.

Comment

Just sitting back at his desk, leaning back on his chair,smoking a bag of his weed, and thinking about ways to **** the game up.

Comment

Could we propose a change to the identity of the commissioner?

Comment

ALLOWING MMJ AS WELL! NOW EVERY PLAYER WILL TAKE LESS TO PLAY IN DENVER!
                    WINNING!!!

Comment

He has to justify his pay check .

NFL Commish Makes $29.5 Mil a Year

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/01/21...rd-heinz-fedex

Comment

Bump bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                          NFL looking at possibility of playoff games on Friday and Monday
                          • NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said earlier this month that expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 teams is something that the league has 'under serious consideration.'
                          • When asked by NFL Network host Rich Eisen if the expansion format would mean 14 teams in the playoffs, instead of 12, Goodell said 'That's correct.'
                          • Six games on Wild-Card Weekend could mean Friday and Monday playoff games, according to Goodell.
                          • Goodell also said on Monday that the NFL is exploring the possibility of eliminating extra points.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...day-and-monday
                          More football MORE money. 18 game season will also be coming.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                            Christ, is he turning this into the NBA?
                            BINGO. It is all about Fantasy Football. And safety rules to avoid concussion suits. I can't wait for the China team.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                              Bill Belichick was the 1st to suggest this publicly years ago.

Extra point is really a pointless play.

When was the last time one was missed?

I will never grow tired of this biting him in the ass the way it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                                I was finally with Goodell on something (getting rid of the useless extra point), but Friday and Monday playoff games, and more teams? Why fix something that's not broke? Seems like he's trying to change things just to change them.
                                Hmmm, that useless extra point try that helped Denver win vs the Pats?

Comment

Working...
                                X