Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodell Continues to Tinker... Playoffs on Fri & Mon. Eliminate extra points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way the scoring works is perfect for comebacks if you need a 2 point play (down 8 or 16 etc...)

Will there be a 3 point play next?

Phi Dawson tweeted this yesterday:
    "My PAT recommendation: place a clowns mouth & swirling windmill in fron of the goal posts"

"Eliminate PAT's? Success rate too high? QB's better be careful. The forward pass is becoming increasingly efficient. #penalize progress"

Comment

Christ, is he turning this into the NBA?

Comment

The extra point thing is a ploy to draw attention away from the unpopular 14 team playoff money grab.

Comment

And in regards to the extra playoff team... I am worried it won't end at 14. I am ok with 14, I am just scared it will not end there. Tooooo much money involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            I agree. I love the two point dynamic. It was so great when Tom Brady knew he needed two points, and watching his face when they missed it was priceless. Why get rid of that?

Eliminating the ep is not eliminating the choice to go for two. A touchdown will be an automatic 7 points, however, teams will have the choice to go for an 8th point by running a pass or a run play. If they fail to score on this play, then the touchdown would count as only 6 points. The scoring dynamics of football under this proposal is not changed at all.

Comment

Goodell is not the man I want tinkering with the NFL. His only motivation is short-term greed. How much tinkering can you do before the game loses all integrity?
              Last edited by Rohirrim; 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                Under the proposed system, the two point conversion would still be in play. A TD is worth 7. If the O goes for two and misses it, then they only get 6 points. So it's pretty much the same scoring system now, but without having to kick it for one point.
                I'm not in favor of any plan that takes points off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post
                  Eliminating the ep is not eliminating the choice to go for two. A touchdown will be an automatic 7 points, however, teams will have the choice to go for an 8th point by running a pass or a run play. If they fail to score on this play, then the touchdown would count as only 6 points. The scoring dynamics of football under this proposal is not changed at all.
                  disregard what I said then...

Can't wait for the first injury though to see what the league says then

Comment

How about narrowing the goalposts? A lot of kicks are good, but barely inside the uprights...

Comment

Hell, if you get inside the 25, let's just eliminate those field goals too and call it a 3-point mulligan.

History gets made when those routine plays go wrong under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        Hell, if you get inside the 25, let's just eliminate those field goals too and call it a 3-point mulligan.

History gets made when those routine plays go wrong under pressure.
                        I was thinking 10 points for TD passes over 60 yards and only 3 points if you score on a run play inside the 3 yard line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                          I was thinking 10 points for TD passes over 60 yards and only 3 points if you score on a run play inside the 3 yard line.
                          I like where you're going, but you better make it 4 points. Otherwise everyone's going to take the mulligan.

Comment

I think the NFL makes too many changes to the game and I do not support any change by the Commissioner or the CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              I'm not in favor of any plan that takes points off the board.
                              This. It is like the those retarded fantasy leagues that award negative points for fumbles, int's, etc. Might as well go full fantasy retardation scoring then, point for reception, point for every 10 yards rushing, etc.

Comment

Playoff games on Fri and Mon?

No. Unless you're going to start the games at 5pm on the East coast. I have dropped all night games that are not Broncos this last year because of the bull**** end times going past midnight. Even then, I am not going to watch 4 days each weekend of games. I could possibly before children, but certainly not anymore.

I really hate, hate, hate Goodell. Horrible commissioner. Probably a horrible person.

Comment

Working...
                                X