Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodell Continues to Tinker... Playoffs on Fri & Mon. Eliminate extra points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodell Continues to Tinker... Playoffs on Fri & Mon. Eliminate extra points...

NFL looking at possibility of playoff games on Friday and Monday
    • NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said earlier this month that expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 teams is something that the league has 'under serious consideration.'
    • When asked by NFL Network host Rich Eisen if the expansion format would mean 14 teams in the playoffs, instead of 12, Goodell said 'That's correct.'
    • Six games on Wild-Card Weekend could mean Friday and Monday playoff games, according to Goodell.
    • Goodell also said on Monday that the NFL is exploring the possibility of eliminating extra points.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...day-and-monday

I was finally with Goodell on something (getting rid of the useless extra point), but Friday and Monday playoff games, and more teams? Why fix something that's not broke? Seems like he's trying to change things just to change them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
      I was finally with Goodell on something (getting rid of the useless extra point), but Friday and Monday playoff games, and more teams? Why fix something that's not broke? Seems like he's trying to change things just to change them.
      Do you seriously not know why?

Comment

Even that won't help the raiders.......

Comment

I don't agree with getting rid of extra points... Go for one or go for two... Block the EP and win the game.. Thus game is sweet and they need to leave it alone

Comment

Well golly gee whiz...

With that many playoff teams why even play a regular season at all? Why not just have the playoffs start from week 1.

Comment

I think all of his suggested "improvements" suck balls.

* You don't need more teams in the playoffs. All this does is further diminish the importance of regular season wins. If anything, what they SHOULD be looking at is improving the playoffs by making it so that the teams with the best records get in. If that means some division might not have a representative then so be it. If it's that crappy of a division, why should they be represented. It should be the best teams, period, end or story.

* The extra points should stay. It has history behind it and it doesn't take but a mere 10 seconds for the play to happen and as we all know in the case of the Cowboys a few years back, things can go wrong. You can miss a PAT, it can be blocked, or there can be a fumble. They already messed with this several years ago by adding the 2 point conversion attempt. It doesn't need to be messed with again.

ROGER - quit your stupid BS. The NFL is already a mega cash cow and it's not hurting for $ so I say screw your extra teams and extra playoff games. I say screw your games in London. I say screw you on any ideas on having an NFL franchise anywhere outside the US. Do us all a favor and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                I think all of his suggested "improvements" suck balls.

* You don't need more teams in the playoffs. All this does is further diminish the importance of regular season wins. If anything, what they SHOULD be looking at is improving the playoffs by making it so that the teams with the best records get in. If that means some division might not have a representative then so be it. If it's that crappy of a division, why should they be represented. It should be the best teams, period, end or story.

* The extra points should stay. It has history behind it and it doesn't take but a mere 10 seconds for the play to happen and as we all know in the case of the Cowboys a few years back, things can go wrong. You can miss a PAT, it can be blocked, or there can be fumble. They already messed with this several years ago by adding the 2 point conversion attempt. It doesn't need to be messed with again. 7

ROGER - quit your stupid BS. The NFL is already a mega cash cow and it's not hurting for $ so I say screw your extra teams and extra playoff games. I say screw your games in London. I say screw you on any ideas on having an NFL franchise anywhere outside the US. Do us all a favor and retire.
                Your point about Romo is valid.... Ol Roger wants the Cowboys back in the playoffs badly... So by adding additional playoff teams and eliminating extra points the odds for Jerry's Kids goes up Tenfold.
                Last edited by Seattle1983; 01-21-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I hate Roger Goodell so much. Stop ****ing with the game you pudgy piece of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                    Do you seriously not know why?
                    Money. It's pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1983 View Post
                      I don't agree with getting rid of extra points... Go for one or go for two... Block the EP and win the game.. Thus game is sweet and they need to leave it alone
                      I agree. I love the two point dynamic. It was so great when Tom Brady knew he needed two points, and watching his face when they missed it was priceless. Why get rid of that?

Comment

Seeing that the Broncos finally make it to the Super Bowl, and it's the first and probably only cold weather Super Bowl ever, just makes me hate Goodell even more.

Comment

Ad as far as adding more playoff spots, it's stupid. Who wants to see 8-8 teams make the playoffs?

Comment

If they want to make extra points more interesting and make 2 point conversions more common, just move the extra point attempt back to the 25 or 30 yard line.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                              I agree. I love the two point dynamic. It was so great when Tom Brady knew he needed two points, and watching his face when they missed it was priceless. Why get rid of that?
                              Under the proposed system, the two point conversion would still be in play. A TD is worth 7. If the O goes for two and misses it, then they only get 6 points. So it's pretty much the same scoring system now, but without having to kick it for one point.

Comment

Working...
                              X