Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton told Carroll to fly back home

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...000234944.html

It's just a matter of time before the media revisits this story.

Originally posted by Closed casket View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...000234944.html

It's just a matter of time before the media revisits this story.
    in regards to this story, can you imagine Peyton with a defense and running game like that? that is the potential makings of a dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
      in regards to this story, can you imagine Peyton with a defense and running game like that? that is the potential makings of a dynasty

Listening to some on here he does have that running game and defense...

Comment

Old news. We knew this after he signed and the stories came out. I do give Pete E For effort.

Btw, media already rehashed this on a sports tv station today.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1983 View Post
          And listening to you, the best qb of all time, Russell Wilson, wouldn't have gotten his Seahawks shot... That would have been a travesty.

Comment

At 20 million per that Manning makes, they would have lost a few quality guys. And frankly, you just never know sometimes how the whole chemistry thing would have worked out. They might not have allowed Manning to do what he does as much, they certainly don't have the wide out we have so I don't think Manning would have been as all world over there as he has been over here. As we just saw from one of the best QB's ever in Brady, you still need guys who can catch it for it to work.

Comment

my glasses are as orange tinted as anyone here, but while i agree the running game we have is good, Seattle's is better. with the defense, it is playing it's best ball of the season right now, but i think Seattle's while a little overrated is better.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                At 20 million per that Manning makes, they would have lost a few quality guys. And frankly, you just never know sometimes how the whole chemistry thing would have worked out. They might not have allowed Manning to do what he does as much, they certainly don't have the wide out we have so I don't think Manning would have been as all world over there as he has been over here. As we just saw from one of the best QB's ever in Brady, you still need guys who can catch it for it to work.
                good point. Carroll does seem to leash his QB, and even though Peyton has shown the ability to make mediocre receivers look better, the fact that our receiving corps is talented took our offense from good to elite on a historic level.

Comment

He certainly has way, way more offensive weapons to work with. Also our run game is pretty much just as good as yours, we just don't run as much.

Comment

And the Seahawks wouldn't be able to afford all those players on top of Manning's salary.

Comment

Like the kind of defense we had last year?

Let's see Seattle play without their best pass rusher, two CBs, Earl Thomas, and two starting DTs and then get back to me.

Comment

The running game is just as good in Denver, and as people have said when fully healthy the defense is pretty close too. The only clear advantage I see is their safeties, while I'd actually take our corners. Front 7 is a close call.

Last year Denver's D was top 5 in everything (#1 in yds/drive), and I'd say the talent is better this year. But again, injuries and having a low-TOP, historic-scoring offense ravaged this defense's numbers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                          Like the kind of defense we had last year?

Let's see Seattle play without their best pass rusher, two CBs, Earl Thomas, and two starting DTs and then get back to me.
                          What's crazy is that Denver has played like a top 5 defense again since basically trading Von for Champ. And now without Harris as well. There must be other factors involved, obviously, but it almost suggests that Champ means more to this D than Harris and Miller combined.

That obviously can't be true, but at least it means that maybe Champ shouldn't retire or move to safety after all.

Comment

Well, at least Manning didn't sign with the Arizona Cardinals, which would have put him up against the Seahawks twice per season. "I like that. Yeah, I like that. He'll continue to serve the AFC in great fashion. I'm glad he's over there."
                            It's so ironic that Manning ends up being the last obstacle in what may be Carroll's best shot at a Super Bowl. He doesn't like that.

Comment

Yeah, the Seahawks are in a unique situation where their QB is only costing them 500-700k a year until 2016. Can't think of many teams where the QB position is that ****ing cheap. Imagine if we only had to pay Peyton that much.

We're in a similar situation in that we have a ton of people playing on their first contract who are going to command a ****ing fortune combined and we can't hope to retain them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X