Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of QBs Seattle Faced This Year, Downright Pathetic - Backups Started In Seven of Sixteen Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of QBs Seattle Faced This Year, Downright Pathetic - Backups Started In Seven of Sixteen Games

It's not hard looking like a bad ass defense when you only play only young QBs learning the position on the fly, career backups, or veterans who have career ending seasons.

Keep Seattle in perspective, because they really haven't faced anyone outside of Brees and he played them twice in Seattle and they never intercepted him, but he didn't look that good either - but few QBs look good in Seattle, ever.

Their stats are skewed, period.

Tier 1
    Drew Brees -Still one of the best, but played them twice in Seattle

Tier 2
    Matt Ryan...down year, threw 17 ints, 7th most in league
    Andrew Luck...60.2% pass completion ranked 24th in the league, young

Tier 3
    Cam Newton...13 ints, 61.7 % ranked 16th in pass completion percentage, young
    Colin Kaepernic(2)....58.4% pass completion percentage ranked 31st, young

Tier 4
    Eli Manning....57.5% pass completion percentage ranked 32nd, 27 ints lead the league
    Matt Schaub...14 ints to 10 tds...benched

Tier 5
    Christian Ponder...7 tds to 9 ints, young
    Carson Palmer(2)...22 ints was 2nd most in league

Backups who became starters
    Kellen Clemens (2)...58.7 pass completion percentage ranked 29th
    Ryan Fitzpatrick...12 ints to 14 tds
    Chad Henne...14 ints to 13 tds
    Matt Cassel...11 tds to 9 ints...
    Mike Glennon...rookie, 59.4% pass completion ranked 26th in league, young

So you are saying they are the NFC version of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
      It's not hard looking like a bad ass defense when you only play only young QBs learning the position on the fly, career backups, or veterans who have career ending seasons.

Keep Seattle in perspective, because they really haven't faced anyone outside of Brees and he played them twice in Seattle and they never intercepted him, but he didn't look that good either - but few QBs look good in Seattle, ever.

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4
      Eli Manning....57.5% pass completion percentage ranked 32nd, 27 ints lead the league

Tier 5

To be fair, it should be pointed out that Lucks stats took a hit when Indy lost Reggie Wayne. But, on the flip side, they played Carolina super early in the year before Newton and that team turned things around.

Comment

I swear you guys are going to drive me nuts until the Super Bowl. It looks like it's going to be nearly two weeks of one sided arguments.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Seahawks fan on some Seahawks message board tries to make the argument that the Broncos offense wasn't all that great by showing the bad defenses that they played this year.

The best two teams in the league are playing, and there are pros and cons for both to win. Something has got to give. I wish the game would hurry up and get here.

Comment

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 5

Talk about twisting stats!! Lol

You took the worst statistics each guy had to try to make a point. Funny, some of these back ups were much better than the team's starter and some of them earned the starting job. I'm not really even sure what you're getting at anyway....

You guys finished 27th in the league in pass defense after having played KC and Oakland twice... why don't you do something cool and post the passing yards for every one of the seahawks opponents for the season and then their passing yards against Seattle?

Comment

Why diminish the Broncos accomplishments when we beat them? Seattle has been the NFC's best team all season. The favorites heading into the playoffs usually don't meet, much less the favorites from preseason.

Comment

not sure what the point of this is. there is 2 years worth of tape showing they are the premiere d in the league and they have held their own against the good QBs they have faced.

Comment

Now we have Seahawks fans here too. This game can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                  I swear you guys are going to drive me nuts until the Super Bowl. It looks like it's going to be nearly two weeks of one sided arguments.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Seahawks fan on some Seahawks message board tries to make the argument that the Broncos offense wasn't all that great by showing the bad defenses that they played this year.

The best two teams in the league are playing, and there are pros and cons for both to win. Something has got to give. I wish the game would hurry up and get here.
                  One sided? Just facts. People are proclaiming their back end defense is one of the greatest of all time. This is analysis.

How many times did they intercept Drew Brees (2), Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton? ZERO! Yet they lead the league in ints with 28.

Their pass completion against percentage? 10th in the league BEHIND Denver which was ranked 6th.

Comment

I guarantee you our opposing quarterbacks had a lot more yards than yours and we were #1 in pass defense... That's just the worst type of homerism...

Your offense is good... Our defense is good...

Let's roll

Comment

One sided? Just facts. People are proclaiming their back end defense is one of the greatest of all time. This is analysis.

How many times did they intercept Drew Brees (2), Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton? ZERO! Yet they lead the league in ints with 28.

Their pass completion against percentage? 10th in the league BEHIND Denver which was ranked 6th.
                      What was the win % of those quarterbacks against Seattle? .200

All your saying is we don't need to get an interception to beat teams.

If Seattle had caught 10% of the interceptions they missed they'd have had 50 picks.. So what?

You just seem like one of those guys that's desperately looking for the silver lining... You will take any skewed stat you can...

It's entirely unnecessary because you have a great team.... Don't be scared

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1983 View Post
                        I guarantee you our opposing quarterbacks had a lot more yards than yours and we were #1 in pass defense... That's just the worst type of homerism...

Your offense is good... Our defense is good...

Let's roll
                        Passing yards skews defensive stats. Denver played Flacco, Romo, Rivers, Brady, and Rivers. And Luck when he had Reggie Wayne to throw to also.

Newton and Kapernick were good QBs this year but passing isn't their forte like it is for Flacco, Romo, Rivers, Brady, and Rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTilde View Post
                          Passing yards skews defensive stats. Denver played Flacco, Romo, Rivers, Brady, and Rivers. And Luck when he had Reggie Wayne to throw to also.

Newton and Kapernick were good QBs this year but passing isn't their forte like it is for Flacco, Romo, Rivers, Brady, and Rivers.
                          Of course they do... I know that and that was my point. If I was a Bronco fan id be mildly ashamed of this thread... Its just... Baaaaad

How goooood is Seattle's defense

1st against the pass 7th against the run...

Let that soak in... That concept...

You can't run, so you pass, and you can't pass, so you run..

Funny some of you on this board make comments about San Fran being better and blah blah blah.. But if not for Kap being mobile and Wilson fumbling I'm not sure they even score.

Comment

Of course they do... I know that and that was my point. If I was a Bronco fan id be mildly ashamed of this thread... Its just... Baaaaad

Funny some of you on this board make comments about San Fran being better and blah blah blah.. But if not for Kap being mobile and Wilson fumbling I'm not sure they even score.
                            But Brees and Luck were the best passing QBs that you faced all year. If you don't play very many high end passing QBs, then it's going to help your defensive Stas against the pass. Let that soak in.

Look, I'm not questioning whether Seattle has a good defense. I'm convinced that they do. But the rankings can easily be skewed.

And weren't you down at the beginning of the 4th qtr? Didn't Kaepernick have 2 or 3 turnovers in the 4th qtr? That cuts both ways.
                            Last edited by TripleTilde; 01-21-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

You seem to be the only one with their panties in a twist over this thread. What gives? Insecure about something?

Wait, was Denver ranked 3rd against the pass, 3rd against the run, and 1st in sacks last year? Huh, really? Let that soak in...that concept

Come on, dude. Stop crying and bitching and provide some analysis. So far, all you bring to the table is the irrational uneducated fan point of view. You are better than that. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X