No announcement yet.

Chris Clark Dominated Chandler Jones; Seattle Has No One Close To Jones' Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Clark Dominated Chandler Jones; Seattle Has No One Close To Jones' Talent

Chris Clark absolutely destroyed Chandler Jones, the physical specimen with the arm length of a pro basketball center, the athleticism comparable to Von Miller (also the brother of Rampage Jones of UFC fame, I think), and a huge year production wise with 11.5 sacks.

In 42 pass rush attempts against Clark in the AFC Championship game, Clark limited Jones to a pat on Peyton's non-throwing shoulder and one holding call. That's it.

If Clark plays like this against Seattle's pass rush threesome of Aviril, Bennett, and Clemons throughout the game, we win going away because Orlando Franklin is a top 3 RT in this league and will shut down the right side if his past performances are any indicator. Collectively, while the Seattle pass rush trio has talent, they are inferior individually to Chandler Jones.

Damn, Chris Clark, thank you so much, man.

The No. 21 overall pick emerged with 11.5 sacks this year, and along with defensive end Rob Ninkovich, gave the Patriots pass-rushing threats on both sides of the defensive line.

Jones has been less of a sack threat in recent weeks; he has just one sack since his take-down of Peyton Manning in Week 12 pushed his season total to 10.5 sacks through 11 games. But Jones continues to generate pressure; he was credited with six quarterback hurries by ProFootballFocus.com in Week 17 against Buffalo.
    Jones was mostly a physical specimen (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) coming out of Syracuse University. His size and length made him very projectable to the NFL; many scouts thought that coaches could get the most out of a player with Jones’ potential.

I'm wondering, should we use him as trade-bait when Clady returns, or should we keep him as a backup?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSojia View Post
      I'm wondering, should we use him as trade-bait when Clady returns, or should we keep him as a backup?
      I'd prefer we move him to guard assuming we let Beadles walk. If we lose a tackle to injury we then shift him. Perfect situation honestly.

Comment

Chandler Jones is not a great player, nor a great pass-rusher. His stats are heavily inflated because NE plays in the AFC East (against 3 young QB's), and overall a very easy schedule.

Jones only had one sack in the last 7 games.

Every single year of his college and professional career, he starts out fast for the first half of the season then does nothing the rest of the year either due to injury or just wearing out.

Against the Broncos he looked uninspired, slow, skinny, and tired.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
          Chandler Jones is not a great player, nor a great pass-rusher. His stats are heavily inflated because NE plays in the AFC East (against 3 young QB's), and overall a very easy schedule.

Every single year of his college and professional career, he starts out fast for the first half of the season then does nothing the rest of the year either due to injury or just wearing out.

Jones had 3 sacks in the last 7 weeks of the regular season, including one against the broncos in week 12. Not to mention he didn't have much help at D-tackle to take some of the attention off of him. Clark and Franklin stepped up in a big way this weekend.

Comment

He's signed until 2015 for a reasonable price. We should keep him at least for another year, unless we get some crazy offer from someone desperate. Clady needs to prove he's completely healthy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by boppool View Post
              He's signed until 2015 for a reasonable price. We should keep him at least for another year, unless we get some crazy offer from someone desperate. Clady needs to prove he's completely healthy as well.
              +1

Depth on the O-line should be a high priority, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post

You, my friend, are retarded. Straight up short bus, homey.

Let's just take a look at some of the other pro bowl DEs....

Chandler Jones 75 tackles 11.5 sacks (the sacks were fourth most by a DE)
                Cameron Jordan 46 tackles 12.5 sacks...pro bowl
                Mario Williams 34 tackles..13 sacks...pro bowl
                Cameron Wake 35 tackles..8.5 sacks...pro bowl

Now I know sound logic doesn't work with you, so I don't hope for much here. I'm just gonna blame the American educational system on your post.

Comment

I would think the Broncos move Franklin to guard if Beadles walks, Franklin would be quite the bulldozer on run blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBen View Post
                    I would think the Broncos move Franklin to guard if Beadles walks, Franklin would be quite the bulldozer on run blocking.
                    I used to be a fan of moving Franklin to guard, but at this point he is as good as any RT in the league so a move makes little sense.

Comment

Can people stop saying use Clark as trade bait? Good lord. For what? A draft pick? You have his rights at a decent rate for a few years. Trade him for a 2nd round pick maybe? Land the next Tatum Bell or Richard Quinn? Play to win. It's also no guarantee that Clady comes back healthy and effective. You don't put Manning in a situation where he could get hurt like that. Not worth it.

Comment

Franklin is an UFA at the end of next season as well. I think we keep Clark for insurance against Clady's return from injury and depth.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                          Can people stop saying use Clark as trade bait? Good lord. For what? A draft pick? You have his rights at a decent rate for a few years. Trade him for a 2nd round pick maybe? Land the next Tatum Bell or Richard Quinn? Play to win. It's also no guarantee that Clady comes back healthy and effective. You don't put Manning in a situation where he could get hurt like that. Not worth it.
                          Completely agree. I'm more interested in seeing if Vinston Painter could successfully transfer to guard next year. He definitely has the size and athleticism to be a great pulling guard.

Comment

This situation........is a good one. Usually we are desperate to find depth and good Olineman.

Comment

I rewatched parts of the Seahag game, the 49ers have the better front 7 and the Seahags the better back 7.

Our OL has kept Manning clean all postseason if they keep him that clean in the SB I think we run away with it. Seahags are on par with kFc talent wise on O though Turbin is a good back and better depth than anything kFc has depth wise. Seahags WR talent is limited, as long as we don't lose anymore CB's to injury I think we can pressure Wilson with the front 4.

Manning should have time to pick apart the Seahag secondary. No mistakes and the SB is ours!

Comment

Working...
                              X