Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rahim Moore be activated for the SB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Rahim Moore be activated for the SB?

Any news on his availability? Would he even be an upgrade at this point?

i'd say no way... jmo

Comment

NO

Comment

There seems to be some strange dealings here. Rahim Moore has said his doctors have cleared him to practice and play, while the team and team doctors have not given him the green light yet.

This is all confirmed and reported by Vic Lombardi and Lindsay Jones, so it is pretty credible information.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have him practicing yet, but it may just be a team chemistry thing where they don't want to insert a rusty player for the playoffs/SB so as not to offset the way the defense has been playing lately.

That's all speculation on my part, but the word is he should be practicing by now. Don't know what's really going on.

Comment

The Broncos definitely need Moore to put a lid on the Defense (which he's been practicing since last January). The Broncos Safeties were too shallow against NE, almost giving up at least a couple big plays, if not for Brady's inaccurate passes.

I think the Broncos need to re-activate Moore, and probably cut either Cole or Huff.

Comment

From what I have heard (radio) and read, Moore would need at least 2 weeks of practice to be ready to play. And that if the Broncos didn't make a move by Monday (Jan 20th), you pretty much can count him out.

Comment

We will know by thursday. I'd like to see him play. It's strange that he's going to the media telling them that he's ready to play, but the coaches are holding him back. Interesting that he's taking it public -- not sure that is being received too well by the coaching staff. Obviously the broncos don't need him to win, but I think he would improve their chances, rusty or not.

Comment

I would feel better about a rusty Moore playing than an inconsistent 'Nacho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  I would feel better about a rusty Moore playing than an inconsistent 'Nacho.
                  Moore wouldn't push Nacho off the field anyway, unless it's a 3rd and long. Nacho will be an important part of containing Lynch and the Run game. Moore gives them more flexibility on obvious passing downs, when they can put both he and Adams back and have two solid guys in coverage. The Hawks rely on big plays to win. Mitigating their big play impact, both on the ground and through the air, will go a long way to determining the outcome of this game.

Comment

I heard he practiced. Or didn't.

Can anyone confirm?

Comment

I thought he lost his leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                        Moore wouldn't push Nacho off the field anyway, unless it's a 3rd and long. Nacho will be an important part of containing Lynch and the Run game.
                        Rahim Moore is the best tackling Safety the Broncos have by far. Even Mike Adams is a better SS than Nacho.

That being said, if activated, I would only expect to see Moore on 3rd down in SB48.

Comment

I think we ride with who we have. You don't want to be the coach pulling the Schottenheimer, putting the hot hand (Gannon) on the bench for Elvis with all the chips on the line.

Comment

He has improved tremendously this year as a tackler. Provided he's healthy, we need him back there to contain Wilson from getting big yards with his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              Rahim Moore is the best tackling Safety the Broncos have by far. Even Mike Adams is a better SS than Nacho.

That being said, if activated, I would only expect to see Moore on 3rd down in SB48.
                              Agree that adams is a better overall SS than nacho, but not sure I'd say that he's better against the run. Nacho can make flash plays against the run that adams isn't really capable of. The times when nacho has been exposed are against the pass, which is why I think leaving him in on 1st and 2nd is ideal against the run-centric offense of the Hawks. If Brady couldn't expose him I don't think Wilson will be able to.

Comment

Working...
                              X