Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hearing that Denver "ain't tough enough to win"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only people saying this team isn't tough clearly haven't watched them play, especially of late.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
      My only worry is our soft receivers getting knocked off their routes by physical corners.
      You haven't been paying attention of late apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
        I love it. Many people citing the 2nd preseason game this year, including John Clayton. You gotta love people that bring up the 2nd preseason game... I didn't know the super bowl champions were crowned then! I remember that game. Seattle was bringing a lot blitzes, more so than you normally see in the 2nd week of the preseason. Adam Gase was in his 2nd game as OC. Vasquez, Welker, Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Montee Ball, Sly Williams, Knighton all in their 2nd games as Bronco starters/players. Vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Champ hurt his foot that game. Wolfe injured his neck. Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball on the Hawks 1 into the endzone and Seattle returned it 100 yds for a TD. Julius Thomas fumbled a catch at the Seahawks 30 yd line. J. Kearse also returned a kick for a TD. Final score ended up 40-10 so the Seahawks think this means they will roll us. lol.

Highlights can be found here:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201308...ghts&tab=recap

I love the bluster and overconfidence coming from Seattle.
        That game pissed me off because Seattle was playing as if they were in the Super Bowl and we were simply going through the pre-season routine. A lot of over the top **** by Carrol.

That being said, it was clearly indicative of our ability to play to their level. We have no chance.

Comment

Bring it on!

Comment

Comment

I've heard...

1) It's going to be cold and possibly snowy and Peyton can't handle it.
              2) Seattle is weather proof because of their defense and dominant rushing attack.
              3) The officials will call offensive line holding (Denver especially) and they'll let the Seahawks hold Denver's receivers...so Denver will have to beat both of them.
              4) Seattle is healthy and will have Percy Harvins back. Denver is banged up everywhere but especially on their defensive line and secondary and the Moreno injury.

Mostly, it's the same talk and hurdles all year. What worries me the the elusiveness of Russell Wilson. He doesn't run to get out of the backfield, he runs to buy time for his receivers to get open. The Broncos need to pressure him and force early throws.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                My only worry is our soft receivers getting knocked off their routes by physical corners.
                My worry is that our receivers are actually snowmen and if the weather gets above 38 degrees in New Jersey they will melt away, and Manning will only be able to throw to puddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                  Bingo
                  I am getting flashbacks to all the articles I remember reading as a 13 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                    Yes, especially compared to the Seahawks who are just a weally tough bunch of guys.

We've heard this crap throughout the playoffs. San Diego beat us, they have our number, they are on a hot streak, NE has Tom Brady who owns Peyton Manning, poor Tommy has had nobody this year yet they are in the AFCCG, Tommy doesn't care if he's at home or on the road, and now Seattle has a tough bunch of young guys who do nothing but smack guys around, they are #1 against the pass, poor Peyton Manning.

Just like the end of the 97 season. We love it!

Keep it coming boys, it's worked out swell for us so far.
                    No kidding ! The Broncos had no chance against the Hottest Team in the Playoffs.. the Chargers. Then it was how the Patriots owned the Broncos, and how the Patriots were going to run the ball down the Broncos throats, Brady doesn't need to pass it.

Now Seattle has the baddest and toughest defense the likes no one has seen since the Steel Curtain. The Broncos WRs are not going to be able to get off the line, much less catch any passes. Just look at what they did to the 49ers.

Well the 49ers almost won that game, 3 turnovers is kind of hard to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
                      What worries me the the elusiveness of Russell Wilson. He doesn't run to get out of the backfield, he runs to buy time for his receivers to get open. The Broncos need to pressure him and force early throws.
                      The Broncos need to keep Wilson in the Pocket and not let him get to the outside. When he is pushed into the pocket he does tend to force his passes, could be because he can't see over the linemen.

But when he rolls, he can see the field better .. he extends plays.

All the Seattle WRs are small, but they are fast.. don't let them get behind you when Wilson rolls out the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                        My worry is that our receivers are actually snowmen and if the weather gets above 38 degrees in New Jersey they will melt away, and Manning will only be able to throw to puddles.
                        Exactly, and if I know anything from my years of throwing footballs at standing bodies of water, they drop the ball more often than real human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                          "My neck, my back, my pu**y and my crack.."

Comment

we are doomed might as well not show up and give seattle the lombardy matter of fact san diego should of blew us away and new england should of had 500 yards rushing. after all the sports media never are wrong are they

Comment

According to Bellicheck (the greatest coach ever), our receivers are too tough. The league needs to look into them being too physical.

All of the talk the last 2 weeks was about how being physical with Denver's receivers was how you beat them. Seattle proudly commits pass interference on every play and counts on there not being flags every play. That cuts both ways and Welker sent the message. If you're not calling defensive interference, don't call offensive either and we'll settle this like men. How many Seattle corners are going to go full bore against Welker on the short crosses? Just the seed of doubt gets all of the separation that Manning needs to carve them up.

Real football. Not 7 on 7 flag football.

Comment

I've heard that 1/6 of all NFL Players that make it to the super bowl are wimps.

Comment

Working...
                                X