Keep this offense together (including Gase) at all costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep this offense together (including Gase) at all costs

I think this should start by trying to extend Gase this week before he interviews with the Browns

Next, Elway will have to over-pay a bit to keep Decker and Moreno. Decker is a must imo and Moreno is not far behind him. Ball's emergence should bring Moreno's price down. It would be a mistake to TAG Decker and set a precedence that he is worth 11.5 million. JT and DT would want the same next season. I'm fine if we have a few bad contracts in 2017 after Manning retires and we can fill holes on Defense with draft picks and cheap free agents. Our D coaches have proved capable of of taking 2 star prospects and turning them into solid starters.

The goal here should be to set this team up for a 2-3 yr run. Lets win 3 in a row and shutup every last Patriots fan who thinks Brady is better and they had the best "run" of all time.

And i dont buy Manning wants to retire any time soon.. Who has the greatest season in the history of a sport then retires? Advances in medicine have now afforded QB's the ability to play into their 40's imo

why stop at 2-3 yeesh low expectations you have

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
      why stop at 2-3 yeesh low expectations you have
      Manning's age?

Comment

In my dream scenario, the broncos win the 'ship this year, gase returns as oc next season and leads the offense to a second straight title, fox retires to spend more time with his family and gase takes over (sorry jdr)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
          In my dream scenario, the broncos win the 'ship this year, gase returns as oc next season and leads the offense to a second straight title, fox retires to spend more time with his family and gase takes over (sorry jdr)
          I love this dream!

I do believe that gase understands the Cleveland hc gig may not be the best long term decision for himself.

Comment

Decker says loyalty my ass ..... show me the money.

If we win the SB other teams will loot us like a natural disaster.

Comment

I think we can afford to lose at least one receiver. As long as Julius, Demaryius, and Welker are here, we should be fine. I really, really, really want us to keep Decker, though. If you let him go, you better go get a guy like Edelman or something.

Comment

Decker attracts women to the Denver Broncos. I am a Denver Broncos fan. Ergo, Decker makes me attractive to women.

Comment

nightmare scenario: Oakland will be flush with cash, $66M under the cap. I don't see how we could win bidding war with Dennis Allen.

Comment

I'd rather lose welker and keep decker.

Comment

I think Decker can leave and we can find a guy to pick up that production pretty easily. ALOT of receivers would die to fill those shoes, and if we win the Super Bowl, this team comes back next year perhaps even more dominant, ie Clady, Vick, and a thinner more focused Von- players will die for the chance to be on that roster, especially some excellent vets who are getting long int he tooth but want a ring.

I really think we need to lock down DRC- he has been terrific this season, and I would pay him versus Decker all day.

Kno... I'd love to keep him, he is a emotional leader who has proven resilient with edge and grit- yes I think another back can come in and run the ball as well, but can you replaced that fiery passion?

Comment

Originally posted by Keira's Lip Balm View Post
                        Decker attracts women to the Denver Broncos. I am a Denver Broncos fan. Ergo, Decker makes me attractive to women.
                        Good logic.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                          nightmare scenario: Oakland will be flush with cash, $66M under the cap. I don't see how we could win bidding war with Dennis Allen.
                          Deck's the #1 rated WR available according to most. It looks more and more like we'll tag him. But then we'll have 3 FA WR's in 2015 wanting 11M+ a year and no Welker

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                            I think Decker can leave and we can find a guy to pick up that production pretty easily. ALOT of receivers would die to fill those shoes, and if we win the Super Bowl, this team comes back next year perhaps even more dominant, ie Clady, Vick, and a thinner more focused Von- players will die for the chance to be on that roster, especially some excellent vets who are getting long int he tooth but want a ring.

I really think we need to lock down DRC- he has been terrific this season, and I would pay him versus Decker all day.

Kno... I'd love to keep him, he is a emotional leader who has proven resilient with edge and grit- yes I think another back can come in and run the ball as well, but can you replaced that fiery passion?

John fox loves having two backs to lean on.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

This is not a bad idea... it only took Peyton and his WR's until week 4 in 2012 to gel and get on the same page. We could probably bring someone in and do fine, but Id rather it not be a rookie

Comment

Working...
                              X