Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Seahawks just the NFC version of the Chiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Seahawks just the NFC version of the Chiefs?

After listening to some of the preliminary Super Bowl chatter, the one universal theme from the media is that Seattle should beat the Broncos because great defense ALWAYS trumps great offense. (Setting aside that the Seahawks do have the best scoring defense in the league,verses our offense which is the greatest scoring offense in the HISTORY of the league) Why is it, I feel like I've already heard this cliché at noisome already this season? Is this comparison valid? Because in my humble opinion both teams seem built very similar with low-scoring, run-first offenses, and opportunistic defenses.

Seattle's defense isn't equivalent to the 2000 Ravens so its a poor analogy to compare them to the Chiefs.

Comment

Yes!

I was just thinking the same thing.

The Chorfs were undefeated (9-0) and their D was tops in the league.....until they ran into us.

Comment

I think this stems from when the weather gets cold, passing teams struggle in the playoffs. But this certainly doesn't ring true for good scoring offenses that are balanced where they have a solid running game. It doesn't have to be like the 97/98 Broncos where they ran down everybody's throat. The Rams did ok with a great offense. And there have been MANY more times where a team that won that the Superbowl was very balanced (meaning good offense, good defense) vs how many teams won a superbowl that were average to poor on offense but had a legendary defense. Plus, you can look at it both ways. You might have 2 teams that struggle offensively and everybody will say, wow, that was some great defense in that game. Or you could look at it like, man, those offenses really choked. Just depends on how you want to look at it.

Comment

No, they are not.

The Broncos better take them very seriously because they promise to be a highly motivated opponent.

Comment

No. They are actually a really good team. One that can win playoff games. You insulted the whole Northwest region by comparing them to that franchise.

Comment

The teams don't match up well when comparing our defense vs their offense; however, no one is talking about that as their sole focus is on how good their defense is and how legendary our offense is. I don't think there is a defense in the past 10 years that can compete with this offense...and it will show up in detail at the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

No, they are not.

The Broncos better take them very seriously because they promise to be a highly motivated opponent.
                Ok, well why aren't they then? I didn't say that the Broncos shouldn't take Seattle seriously, but I do think Denver has played a similar style of opposition in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                  The teams don't match up well when comparing our defense vs their offense; however, no one is talking about that as their sole focus is on how good their defense is and how legendary our offense is. I don't think there is a defense in the past 10 years that can compete with this offense...and it will show up in detail at the SB.
                  Yep.

I think the best SEA can hope for is to hold us to something less than the number of points we typically put on the board.

On the other side of the ball, our defense will make mincemeat of their offense.
                  I wouldn't be surprise to see at least one score off a turnover created by our D.

Comment

Wilson actually has the balls to throw down the field and into tight coverages which makes them more dangerous than the chiefs. The secondary is also much better. So imagine a zone cover 3 version of the chiefs defense. Wilson is better than Smith based on potential and Lynch poses a different threat to our defense. He isn't as dynamic as Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      No. They are actually a really good team. One that can win playoff games. You insulted the whole Northwest region by comparing them to that franchise.
                      Not that I want to ball-wash the Chiefs or anything, but they did win a lot of games this year, and short of having a rash or freak-injuries should have advanced to the divisional round. Hell, their B-team should have eliminated the Chargers, a team that gave us the most fits this year.

Comment

The Chargers held Manning to a pedestrian 230 yards and 1 INT in their playoff game. And Seattle's defense is an order of magnitude better than San Diego's.

Comment

The Chargers held Manning to a pedestrian 230 yards and 1 INT in their playoff game. And Seattle's defense is an order of magnitude better than San Diego's.
                          The Chargers are a divisional opponent with a head coach who also happened to be our offensive coordinator last year. Needless to say they knew our tendencies well.
                          Last edited by DenverDynamite; 01-20-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

The Chargers' D didn't "hold" us to anything.

Our own mistakes did that.

And we still won.

Comment

Cheifs had more pro bowlers so I'd say no.

Comment

Working...
                              X