Was the McDaniels "Era" worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the McDaniels "Era" worth it?

The Broncos had become a middle of the pack franchise and McD took them to rock bottom.

Regardless of what happens in 2 weeks, did the McD debacle have to happen for everything that came after it?

Where would they be if Bowlen had kept Shanahan for even just one more season?

Poll forthcoming.
    Yes
    57.45%
    No
    42.55%

If it took the Mcdaniels era to help Pat Bowlen's booze addled brain recognize that he needed to get real leadership for the Broncos and bring in JE then absolutely. We were never getting back to the superbowl with Shanny and the terrible defenses and coordinators that he was bringing in.

Comment

I don't get how anyone could vote no in this poll. Without McDaniels we are almost certainly still wallowing in mediocrity with Cutler at the helm, and Elway might have never taken over the team.

Comment

I was thinking this exact thing as they kept showing McDip**** on the Pats sideline during the game yesterday. If not for him, we would never have been here. Weird how things work out...

Comment

If we win in NY then yes
          Ill take the lowest of lows if can lead to the highest of highs

Comment

It is especially worth it considering the light-speed turnaround we have experienced. From the McD era to Super Bowl in 3 short years!

God bless you, John Elway.

Comment

Thanks to McDamnit's ineptness at GM/HC we got Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
                The Broncos had become a middle of the pack franchise and McD took them to rock bottom.

Regardless of what happens in 2 weeks, did the McD debacle have to happen for everything that came after it?

Where would they be if Bowlen had kept Shanahan for even just one more season?

Poll forthcoming.
                There's a douchebag poster on patsfans.com with the same username as you, backing the hawks in th big game in 2 weeks.

Tell me it's a coincidence

Comment

It was definitely worth it. A lot of our core players were drafted by McDaniels. He also brought us Mike McCoy (helped us get to the playoffs with Tebow which couldn't have hurt the Manning chase), Adam Gase, Studdesville and front office guys like Keith Kidd and Matt Russel....

Also, going through those down years make the good years like this one feel so much better.

Comment

No. That was an awful time and the single worst person in the history of the franchise. I don't view it as the "key" to unlocking Elway/Manning or anything like that. These are independent things. Someone else could have come in and failed less spectacularly and we could have still ended up in the same spot. Key word being could...we don't know. There isn't a per se connection.
                    Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-20-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

If it forced John Elway's hand, maybe. That useless little piece of **** wanted us to be patsies West. We are the Denver Broncos, and we are second to none. Screw the patsies west. We Are Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsCheer View Post
                        There's a douchebag poster on patsfans.com with the same username as you, backing the hawks in th big game in 2 weeks.

Tell me it's a coincidence
                        That name is notorious in the Simpsons fanbase.

As is Handsome B. Wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                          No.
                          I forgot about the people who still think Shanahan and Cutler would've won a Super Bowl for us. Yeah that probably accounts for all the no's you will see in this poll. Crazy nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            I don't get how anyone could vote no in this poll. Without McDaniels we are almost certainly still wallowing in mediocrity with Cutler at the helm, and Elway might have never taken over the team.
                            I did but I want to change it! Having the GOAT for a few of his best years, then it was worth it, win or lose next week

Comment

To have a coaching situation completely collapse on itself was new for me as a Broncos fan. I was born in 1981. In my life Denver has had 5 coaches. Two of them coached for 26 out of 32 years I've walked the earth. It is strange to not have a successful team to root for.

The last three seasons has been a complete trip. 3 playoff wins. 3 division crowns. Top seed in the conference for two straight seasons and now a 7th superbowl appearance. I honestly am floored by the turn around in a relatively short time. All because of some dude named Elway, hiring some guy named Fox and both of them deciding that Manning guy would fit here.

Amazing. So I suppose it is a yes. The McDaniels "era" was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X