Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modell’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Modell’s Sporting Goods

    Modells losses 500k because they were dumbasses.



    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0034--nfl.html



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • #2
    All that stuff is made before the games though. There are 49ers merchandise going to donation too.

    There is Broncos and Seahawks merchandise being made right now for the SB.

    And I'm reading it goes to "charity"...aka tax write off.

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope some kid who got the "Perfect Season - 19-0" shirt can add an "AFC Championship" shirt to his collection!

      Comment


      • #4
        “We took a tremendous risk, but you know what? People expect us to have the merchandise,” a source told the Boston Herald prior to the game. “We printed up everything: hats, shirts, T-shirts, novelties, pennants — you name it — for men, women, kids.”
        That unsold merchandise will be donated to a third-world country.
        “We’re not allowed to sell it,” a source told the Boston Herald.
        This is probably not the charitable effort New England wants to be identified with.

        Comment


        • #5
          Modells said in the story they printed it up..does that mean those are not Nike shirts with the Nike symbol on them? They do not look like Nike shirts to me, Nike is a bit more slim and these look like the shirts the guys in the lot sell before a game

          Comment


          • #6
            Many years ago when Pitt lost in the playoffs, I bought one of their championship shirts and wore it around western PA. I rule!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Action View Post
              All that stuff is made before the games though. There are 49ers merchandise going to donation too.

              There is Broncos and Seahawks merchandise being made right now for the SB.

              And I'm reading it goes to "charity"...aka tax write off.
              Our local news showed Seahawks (NFC Champions) t-shirts being printed -- said the entire night was going to be spent making the shirts to be sold in Seattle today. The story left a clear impression that the fan-memorabilia t-shirts were ordered after the game; not before.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Action View Post
                All that stuff is made before the games though. There are 49ers merchandise going to donation too.

                There is Broncos and Seahawks merchandise being made right now for the SB.

                And I'm reading it goes to "charity"...aka tax write off.
                Don't matter. You don't display the stuff days before hand. We had that thread here when someone tweeted the photo of the shirt in NY. I highly doubt that store bought a ton of Broncos stuff for the East Coast.

                BTW, how do you feel your boy McDaniels did yesterday for the Pats offense?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mo Mo Mo! Gotta go to Mo's, gotta go to Modell's! Gotta go to Mo's! Modell's!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                    Don't matter. You don't display the stuff days before hand. We had that thread here when someone tweeted the photo of the shirt in NY. I highly doubt that store bought a ton of Broncos stuff for the East Coast.

                    BTW, how do you feel your boy McDaniels did yesterday for the Pats offense?
                    That was definitely retarded to put them on display...but it's understandable to have them already made considering you can put it out to sell the very next day.

                    Feel for my boy McDaniels? Broncos won dip ****...what did you think I wanted him to call a great game?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                      Modells losses 500k because they were dumbasses.



                      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0034--nfl.html



                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Thanks for sharing! Really enjoyed reading that. Especially this line:

                      "That unsold merchandise will be donated to a third-world country. “We’re not allowed to sell it,” a source told the Boston Herald. This is probably not the charitable effort New England wants to be identified with."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
                        Thanks for sharing! Really enjoyed reading that. Especially this line:

                        "That unsold merchandise will be donated to a third-world country. “We’re not allowed to sell it,” a source told the Boston Herald. This is probably not the charitable effort New England wants to be identified with."
                        It will show up on the bottom line as a huge tax deduction to a charity organization and they will probably get some humanity award from Obama, maybe the Nobel Peace prize.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a pennant when Denver defeated San Fran in the SB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                            I have a pennant when Denver defeated San Fran in the SB.
                            Bet you were pissed when the Chickens won.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so I'm seeing Broncs AFC championship t's for $25-$30. I assume the marginal cost per t is somewhere below $2. The upside for getting it right far offsets the loser, IMO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X