Brady's Legacy takes hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady's Legacy takes hit

With his poor performance yesterday on the biggest stage. I counted 3 crucial over-throws on wide open WR's yesterday that would have drastically altered the outcome of the game had he connected. He wasnt pressured on any of those throws and wind wasnt a factor. And this game was coming off his 13 for 25 performance from last week in which Blount and Ridley had to bail him out.

Brady's skill are clearly deteriorating as he comes to the end of his career while the older Manning is still winning MVP's. I think the Manning vs Brady debate just swung in Manning's favor for good after last night.

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    With his poor performance yesterday on the biggest stage. I counted 3 crucial over-throws on wide open WR's yesterday that would have drastically altered the outcome of the game had he connected. He wasnt pressured on any of those throws and wind wasnt a factor. And this game was coming off his 13 for 25 performance from last week in which Blount and Ridley had to bail him out.

Brady's skill are clearly deteriorating as he comes to the end of his career while the older Manning is still winning MVP's. I think the Manning vs Brady debate just swung in Manning's favor for good after last night.
    Or, as Phil Simms would say, "He threw it so well that it just kept going."

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post

Yes I was like what did he say ?

That sideline throw never had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post

The one overthrow in the first quarter when Adams let that midger get behind him was awful.

The one down the sideline in the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" wasn't going to be caught inbounds with two feet in by a SHORT receiver like that.

The other up the seam at the end of the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" would've gotten the receiver's block knocked off had it been on target.

Comment

Legacy may not take a hit, but injury excuses run thin when he misses wide open guys though. The Bronco defense has not been stellar most of the season and talk about injuries, they have had to deal with that all season. I think talk of Brady's decline may be starting though.

Comment

I thought both QB's were pressing a little at times, but you could see Brady pressing more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I thought it looked like he was feelng pressure. those sacks were so timely yesterday.

Comment

It's fun to think about how there are young Patriot fans out there who didn't really get into the team until 2005 and have basically had the same NFL fan experience as early 90s Bills or McNabb era Eagles fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                I thought both QB's were pressing a little at times, but you could see Brady pressing more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I thought it looked like he was feelng pressure. those sacks were so timely yesterday.
                True, what Manning and co. did yesterday is what the Pats have done to Manning so many times. Ball control drives, taking time off the clock, limiting the number of drives the other team has. It can make the QB antsy knowing they have to score on every drive because they may not get that many chances. The Pats only had 8 possessions where they usually average like 12-13 a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                  those sacks were so timely yesterday.
                  This is true. Russell Wilson possibly gets out of both of those bc there wasnt much help.

Comment

This is one of the first things I thought of upon seeing that seattle won. Its going to take a special game plan against that guy. The reason he can be so good is that hes pass first, run when you have to, but very elusive in the mean time.

Comment

Put Brady with the Broncos offense and he's setting records again....

He lost 75 percent of his offensive production line-up from last year, more at times with injuries, and his team still ended up in the Championship game.

I don't like the Pats, but gotta be realistic.

Comment

Can we put all the Patriots crap to bed now? Brady's legacy did not take a hit because of one game . Any way you look at it he is a sure fire, first ballot hall of famer.

Comment

Brady hasn't won a superbowl post-spygate.

Comment

Here's another little stat that the mesia doesn't want you to know. Brady has been 8-8 since his first lost to us in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post
                              I heard that. Blamed it on the air in Denver.

I turned to my wife and said, "that is what we call an over through"

Comment

Working...
                              X