X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welker and JT All Day

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
      Tony "Blowmo" Romo is NOT an elite QB! Never has been, never will be. He can put up huge numbers (as he did against Denver, which, by the way, speaks volumes about whether Denver has a "great" defense or merely a "very good" defense. But he's not clutch and never has been. Elite QB's are clutch.

But what does Romo have to do with Seattle's defense? Seattle didn't play Dallas. Denver did, and put up HUGE numbers against a team that didn't make the playoffs.

Ergo, the Dallas matchup was not against a good team.
      Well, by the nature of scheduling you can only play 2 division winners or possibly 4 (Denver played 3). We happened to have 2 other good teams in our division, plus Indy, NE, and Philly/Baltimore borderline.

Seattle had SF and Arizona, plus NO, Carolina, Indy, and not sure who else. I do know that Denver had the toughest schedule by record.

Comment

>>What, do you think I'm a Seahawks fans or something with all this Seattle-based knowledge at my fingertips?<<
        Um, actually, yes.

Comment

By my reckoning, the Hawks had 7 games against crap teams (winning all of them), 4 games against average teams (Cardinals and Rams - winning 3 out of 4), and 5 games against playoff teams (Panthers, 49ers twice, Colts, and Saints - winning 3 and losing 2).

So, net-net, I think the Hawks had a schedule at least on par with Denver's schedule, and maybe just a tad tougher.

Comment

Armchair, would you say that you're a Seattle Seahawks fan, or just somebody who is easily taken in by the ESPN and west coast sports media hype machine?

Comment

^^ I am a proud & lifelong Broncos fan who has lived in Seattle since 1987.

And today was (so far) the pinnacle of my career as a fan of NFL football. Imagine what it's like to cheer for two team IN DIFFERENT CONFERENCES and to have both teams make it to the promised land.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                Armchair, would you say that you're a Seattle Seahawks fan, or just somebody who is easily taken in by the ESPN and east coast sports media hype machine?
                Fixed.

Comment

And today was (so far) the pinnacle of my career as a fan of NFL football. Imagine what it's like to cheer for two team IN DIFFERENT CONFERENCES and to have both teams make it to the promised land.
                  Sounds fucking terrible, honestly.

Comment

Trust me, it's not.

I guess it's a little bit like being married to a Super Model, but also having an affair with a Brazilian bikini model at the same time.

Comment

I don't understand this "two team" thing

Comment

Yeah, when I was younger, I liked the Vikings maybe even more than Denver. But I eventually solidified on the Broncos and my Vikings love has faded more and more. But when I liked both, I remember thinking it would kind of suck if they faced off in the big game. You can't completely lose but can't completely win.

But if nothing else I guess it would make you realize who you truly like more. With Armchair talking about Denver fans making excuses for losing, I think he probably knows who he likes more.

Comment

Trust me, it's not.

I guess it's a little bit like being married to a Super Model, but also having an affair with a Brazilian bikini model at the same time.
                          You know you're either single and butt **** ugly...or your girlfriend takes off a few MPG sitting in your car when you're comparing being a fan to teams to being married and having affairs with models.

Comment

^^ I thought it was a pretty apropos analogy. It's the classic, immemorial married man w/ mistress enigma.

But hey: an analogy is only designed to shed some light on a complex subject. I freely admit that cheering for two teams is complicated.

Comment

Trust me, it's not.

In that case, I'm going to cheer for 10 teams next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                                So are these guys really as good as people say? Just look at the list of QBs they have faced so far this..... Does that list indicate that they are ready to take on Peyton ****ing Manning? I think they are in for a rude awakening to be honest.
                                Another way of looking at that list is simply the type of quarterback in addition to quality. Only Brees comes close to a QB that understands the game. The rest are great athletes, but can they really come to the line, read a defense, adjust, reread, readjust in 15-20 seconds.... And mostly be right all game along? I dunno...,

Comment

Working...
                                X