Seattle's Pass Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
    Don't get me wrong. We are the better team. But on your list the following are pretty decent QBs:

Cam Newton
    Colin Kaepernick X 2
    Andrew Luck
    Drew Brees X 2
    Eli Manning

That is 7 games against at least decent QBs. I am not sure our QB list is any harder tbh.
    Cam Newton and Kaepernick are not good passers, sorry. They are mediocre by NFL standards when it comes to throwing the football. Eli Manning was dog**** this year, so we can throw that out. Andrew Luck is good but not eilte yet. So like I said Drew Brees is the only elite passer they have faced and they faced him in ideal conditions both times (and he still threw for quite a few yards in the playoff game).

Comment

Don't kid yourself. Seattle probably has the best D in the league. It is gonna be a tough game. Having said that we have an historically good offense and I take our D they way they have been playing against a so-so offense.

I like our chances.
      The game will come down to the 2,3,4 and 5 receiving targets versus their 2,3,4, and 5 guys in the secondary. Sherman and DT are going to battle all game long and because of that it will be which team's other guys step up.

the great thing with our offense is that it can only be contained for awhile, eventually the offense will explode and put points on the board. also, the depth of our skill position is incredible. no team, not even the mighty Seachickens have enough guys in the secondary to stop all of Peyton's targets, and while they are worried about the pass, Knowshon and Montee are running hard.

Comment

Plus the broncos have far better receivers than any team Seattle has played.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. We are the better team. But on your list the following are pretty decent QBs:

Cam Newton
          Colin Kaepernick X 2
          Andrew Luck
          Drew Brees X 2
          Eli Manning

That is 7 games against at least decent QBs. I am not sure our QB list is any harder tbh.
          Kaepernick is wildly overrated. Dude, is a 50% passer. Sure his legs are a great weapon, but to be elite you have to complete passes at a higher rate. Eli had a really down year. While he is considered a good upper tier QB his season was really bad. Of the guys listed, Newton, Luck and Brees are the only ones that are good, and Brees played them on the road where the Saints are always a completely different team away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            Not to discount that they are indeed good, but seriously does that list not make you think they might have a rather inflated sense of how good they really are?

Does that list indicate that they are ready to take on Peyton ****ing Manning?
            Yes, and HELL NO!

Comment

I think the main thing I take away from this is that their defense does not match our offense if our offense plays well and we have a good gameplan. Yes they are a very good defense, but they clearly are not on par with our offense. Period. I think we will have a good amount of success against them on offense to be honest, and I think our defense is going to give them fits. The more I think about it the more I like the matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
                Got to agree, this whole Seattle dominant defense smells very similar to what the Chief fans and the media were shoveling the first nine games.....................

Dominant against who ?
                Bingo.

Comment

Cam Newton and Kaepernick are not good passers, sorry. They are mediocre by NFL standards when it comes to throwing the football. Eli Manning was dog**** this year, so we can throw that out. Andrew Luck is good but not eilte yet. So like I said Drew Brees is the only elite passer they have faced and they faced him in ideal conditions both times (and he still threw for quite a few yards in the playoff game).
                  First of all, WE ARE GOING TO THE SB!!!! Let's not get into any thing nasty tonight. Let's enjoy!

And so where is the list of elite QBs, or to be more fair, elite teams we have faced?

Again don't get me wrong I think we win this game. And there is no way they have faced a QB as good as Peyton because he is the best. And I think that Seattle is a pretty darn good team and it will be a tough game. All I am saying.

Comment

Another advantage the Broncos might have is that Carroll and the Seahawks already won their Super Bowl against us in the preseason. I think the Broncos will happily trade that win for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger Roll View Post
                      Plus the broncos have far better receivers than any team Seattle has played.
                      Better receivers, a larger array of offensive weapons, and WAY better O line protection.

Couple this with the likelihood that our defense should dominate their mediocre offense, and we should roll over them like a freight train.

Comment

First of all, WE ARE GOING TO THE SB!!!! Let's not get into any thing nasty tonight. Let's enjoy!

And so where is the list of elite QBs, or to be more fair, elite teams we have faced?

Again don't get me wrong I think we win this game. And there is no way they have faced a QB as good as Peyton because he is the best. And I think that Seattle is a pretty darn good team and it will be a tough game. All I am saying.
                        I'm not saying they aren't a good team or that it won't be a challenge. I'm merely pointing out that their pass defense is not as good as the stats might indicate.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                          Better receivers, a larger array of offensive weapons, and WAY better O line protection.

Couple this with the likelihood that our defense should dominate their mediocre offense, and we should roll over them like a freight train.
                          I think there is a distinct possibility that might happen as long as we don't turn the ball over. Without turnovers I do not believe they have much of a chance of keeping up with us on the scoreboard. That said they have been great in the TO differential department and we have been the very definition of mediocre, so you never know. I do feel quite confident in saying that if they do not have a positive turnover differential they will lose.
                          Last edited by Agamemnon; 01-20-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

They could definitely make it a game, especially depending on weather, but I still stand by my prediction that the Chargers would give us the closest score. I see something like 27-13 or 31-13. And going against Wilson, this could be the game where my Champ pick-6 fantasy finally comes true (been dreaming of this since last year).

Comment

I think there is a distinct possibility that might happen as long as we don't turn the ball over. Without turnovers I do not believe they have much of a chance of keeping up with us on the scoreboard.
                              The Seachickens are a one-dimensional offensive team whose passing game is mediocre at best. They rely heavily on their ground game, and, as luck would have it, they are about to run smack into one of the league's top run defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                                They could definitely make it a game, especially depending on weather, but I still stand by my prediction that the Chargers would give us the closest score. I see something like 27-13 or 31-13. And going against Wilson, this could be the game where my Champ pick-6 fantasy finally comes true (been dreaming of this since last year).
                                You and I are in total agreement. I feel pretty confident that we win by 10 or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X