This game wasn't as close as the score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game wasn't as close as the score

I've watched the game now twice. This game was not nearly as close as the 10 point gap.

First Downs: Denver-27 Pats-19
    Total Plays: Denver-71 Pats-56
    Total Yards: Denver-507 Pats-320
    TOP: Denver-35:44 Pats-24:16

Not sure where I saw this but we had only 8 possessions all game and scored 26 points (and still left points on the field). That was the highest points per possession game we've had all year.

507 yards of offense, over 100 yards rushing, no turnovers and 7.1 yards per play. That's how you win playoff games people. Seattle's in trouble.

Same with last week... which makes you wonder, if we're settling for FGs instead of TDs in two weeks, will that be good enough?

I'll guarantee you PM is not happy with the offensive scoring output the past two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      I've watched the game now twice. This game was not nearly as close as the 10 point gap.

First Downs: Denver-27 Pats-19
      Total Plays: Denver-71 Pats-56
      Total Yards: Denver-507 Pats-320
      TOP: Denver-35:44 Pats-24:16

Not sure where I saw this but we had only 8 possessions all game and scored 26 points (and still left points on the field). That was the highest points per possession game we've had all year.

507 yards of offense, over 100 yards rushing, no turnovers and 7.1 yards per play. That's how you win playoff games people. Seattle's in trouble.

Seattle's defense poses some challenges to Denver's Offense that NE is unable to pose. Having said that, if anyone is able to overcome those challenges, is PFM.

Comment

Seattle has a better D by far, but no one like Brady to bring them back. We will punt more than this game but we win.

GO BRONCOS!!! I am sooooo psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Popps View Post
          Same with last week... which makes you wonder, if we're settling for FGs instead of TDs in two weeks, will that be good enough?

I'll guarantee you PM is not happy with the offensive scoring output the past two weeks.
          I guarantee you he is, because they are in the Super Bowl.

Comment

I trust Peyton Manning with two full weeks to study against an opponent

Comment

One FG was a ref screw up.
              JT's drop led to another FG.

That's an easy 8 pts missing from the scoreboard.

Comment

By the time the Pats cut the lead to 10 points, they were in 4-down / 2 point conversion / onside kick mode.

Comment

There were also the two redzone holding penalties (one which was really marginal) and Julius getting sexually assaulted in the endzone with no flag in the 1st quarter. Those two drives end in touchdowns instead of FGs and the score would have reflected the true domination of the game.

Comment

Probably two FGs that should have been TDs - and we still won.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                      I guarantee you he is, because they are in the Super Bowl.
                      I doubt it. Manning is a perfectionist and we have left quite a few points on the field the last two games.

Comment

3.25 pts/possession for the Broncos vs 2.09 points/possession for the Seahawks. I'll take that.

Comment

The Broncos need to play a disciplined game in two weeks.... the 49ers allowed the Seahawks to make big plays when they were undisciplined in their coverage. But they also proved that Seattle could have a hard time protecting Russell Wilson

Comment

I actually agree but in the Belichick era the Patriots very rarely get blown out and tend to hang around even when being outplayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              I doubt it. Manning is a perfectionist and we have left quite a few points on the field the last two games.
                              Yeah, I know. I didn't type that with much conviction. I bet he is already sitting down to a nice Bud Light and some game film. A nice night cap!

Comment

Working...
                              X