Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fontaine
    replied
    What Carter did in this game was track the ball in the air and actually look back at the QB. In the past he just didn't do that and ended up with his back to the ball, caught with his hands over the WR -> automatic pass interference.

Combine that with his clear lack of physical play was the reason why he got benched.

But in this one game, especially early, he clearly was tracking the ball in the air and put himself between the ball and the WR while keeping himself in the right position.

Who knows if he can keep doing this but Seattle and their broke d*ck passing game aren't going to challenge us three/four deep at CB.

Leave a comment:

• maher_tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by boppool View Post
    Who was covering Edelman early in the game, when Brady overthrew him? It looked like a busted coverage. Had that pass been on target and he scored the long touchdown, it could've been a different game, imo.
    Looked like a zone. Adams bit on the fake and was out of position. It was a pretty good fake..looked like everyone bit. Luckily, Brady missed on the throw.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    I give all the credit in the world to Tony Carter for knocking down the long bomb to Slater early in the game. Carter came to play ball, that play set the tone.

Now let's go get that Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by boppool View Post
    Who was covering Edelman early in the game, when Brady overthrew him? It looked like a busted coverage. Had that pass been on target and he scored the long touchdown, it could've been a different game, imo.
    Carter and Adams I believe.

Leave a comment:

• cmhargrove
    replied
    Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
    I don't see Russell Wilson being able to take advantage of the Broncos secondary any better than Tom Brady could. Biggest issue is stopping Lynch, which the broncos D seems best equipped for doing. After that it's the potential impact of Harvin
    You are absolutely correct, but the most dangerous play will be the "busted play." Wilson will have a few plays per game that he runs around the schoolyard and heaves it up, hopefully we can bat those down or make him pay.

Leave a comment:

• boppool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    Carter is a good coverage guy, he has good ball skills and he is fast. Now QBs might want to target him because he is not a good tackler but they better thread lightly because he can intercept the pass and take it to the house.

I love the Seattle matchup. If it isn't too windy it will be a great game for Denver.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    DRC has to lock down harvin. Champ on balwin. Carter on tate w saftey help...Kearse is equal to kayvon. It would definitely be helpful for harvin to not play. But he is so thats how I would roll with it.
    Honestly I was more worried about us covering Davis,Crabtree and Boldin than I am about the Seahawks.
    Davis would have been a nightmare to defend with our LB's. Lennon wouldn't be able to cover him, probably not Irving either and he would probably be too big for Woodyard, Trev is key in the run game and taking him out of that to cover Davis would have been a pain. Of course, Kaep also seems to ignore him a lot too.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    This. His career will be much more like Ty Law's. Which certainly isn't a bad thing, but he's no Champ.
    I would say more Charles Woodson than Ty Law.
    Law was similar to Sherman in physical play but Sherman is closer to Woodson in play and QB's avoiding him at times.

Revis-Sherman is similar to Bailey-Woodson-Law. All are good but only one is the standout king.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    DRC has to lock down harvin. Champ on balwin. Carter on tate w saftey help...Kearse is equal to kayvon. It would definitely be helpful for harvin to not play. But he is so thats how I would roll with it.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Why did JDR think Jammer or Webster were better options?
    Because Carter plays like a complete rookie often times and gets really confused in coverage. Adding to that he is also not physical.

Webster makes mistakes but he is a actual rookie and when he does make mistakes it is usually when he is trying to make a play.
    I give Carter props for his play yesterday, but he still needs to be replaced in the off season and we need another CB draftee to add to Champ,DRC,Harris and Webster.

Leave a comment:

• srphoenix
    replied
    That trick play with the end around fake handoff then throw deep was played absolutely perfectly by champ and I think the only time a ball even went within 15 yards of him. Richard sherman can only dream of living up to baileys career.

Leave a comment:

• Sly_Eli
    replied
    I don't see Russell Wilson being able to take advantage of the Broncos secondary any better than Tom Brady could. Biggest issue is stopping Lynch, which the broncos D seems best equipped for doing. After that it's the potential impact of Harvin

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied
    I'd call Carter's play "adequate".

I'm happy with "adequate".

Leave a comment:

• Blart
    replied
    Champ was back to his shut-down self Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X