No announcement yet.

Champ and Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter played better than I expected. He did almost give up a similar play before half that look a lot. Like last year raven playoff loss

Comment

Chump comes out and plays against the likes of scrubs like Phyllis Rivers and Tommy Terrible bcuz he can look good with chit QBs but I bet he sits out vs. elite Russell Wilson because suck. Bet he cant run a 40

/Chef

Comment

Carter has always been Carter. Undersized and not a good tackler but above average coverage skills. People thought that the pats wide receivers were a good matchup for him and they were right. And you know something? I think the seahawks wideouts are pretty similar. Kearse is 6'1'' I think but other than that they are pretty short. Tate is one of those guys that can break 6 tackles and make an amazing play but other than that no one really scares me. Not that they arent good but I dont see a Demaryius Thomas or Julius Thomas over there. Its really about containing Lynch and spying Wilson so that he cant get 25 yard chunks on the ground. We have to feel good about this matchup, I think its much better than facing the 49ers. The seahawks are scary in seattle but they are a different team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
          IDK ,maybe I should save this for next week, but I saw a few poor plays by Carter yesterday. He didnt play a flawless game at all, and Wilson will be targeting him next week im sure. I dont want you guys to think we found our new starting CB or anything like that. He's a good 4th CB at best long term
          agree. We have topics loaded at the Mane of us stating how bad he played in such and such game. He is not the answer but he sure stepped up when needed.

Comment

Champ was back to his shut-down self Sunday.

Comment

I'd call Carter's play "adequate".

I'm happy with "adequate".

Comment

I don't see Russell Wilson being able to take advantage of the Broncos secondary any better than Tom Brady could. Biggest issue is stopping Lynch, which the broncos D seems best equipped for doing. After that it's the potential impact of Harvin

Comment

That trick play with the end around fake handoff then throw deep was played absolutely perfectly by champ and I think the only time a ball even went within 15 yards of him. Richard sherman can only dream of living up to baileys career.

Comment

Why did JDR think Jammer or Webster were better options?
                    Because Carter plays like a complete rookie often times and gets really confused in coverage. Adding to that he is also not physical.

Webster makes mistakes but he is a actual rookie and when he does make mistakes it is usually when he is trying to make a play.
                    I give Carter props for his play yesterday, but he still needs to be replaced in the off season and we need another CB draftee to add to Champ,DRC,Harris and Webster.

Comment

DRC has to lock down harvin. Champ on balwin. Carter on tate w saftey help...Kearse is equal to kayvon. It would definitely be helpful for harvin to not play. But he is so thats how I would roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        This. His career will be much more like Ty Law's. Which certainly isn't a bad thing, but he's no Champ.
                        I would say more Charles Woodson than Ty Law.
                        Law was similar to Sherman in physical play but Sherman is closer to Woodson in play and QB's avoiding him at times.

Revis-Sherman is similar to Bailey-Woodson-Law. All are good but only one is the standout king.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          DRC has to lock down harvin. Champ on balwin. Carter on tate w saftey help...Kearse is equal to kayvon. It would definitely be helpful for harvin to not play. But he is so thats how I would roll with it.
                          Honestly I was more worried about us covering Davis,Crabtree and Boldin than I am about the Seahawks.
                          Davis would have been a nightmare to defend with our LB's. Lennon wouldn't be able to cover him, probably not Irving either and he would probably be too big for Woodyard, Trev is key in the run game and taking him out of that to cover Davis would have been a pain. Of course, Kaep also seems to ignore him a lot too.

Comment

Carter is a good coverage guy, he has good ball skills and he is fast. Now QBs might want to target him because he is not a good tackler but they better thread lightly because he can intercept the pass and take it to the house.

I love the Seattle matchup. If it isn't too windy it will be a great game for Denver.

Comment

Who was covering Edelman early in the game, when Brady overthrew him? It looked like a busted coverage. Had that pass been on target and he scored the long touchdown, it could've been a different game, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                                I don't see Russell Wilson being able to take advantage of the Broncos secondary any better than Tom Brady could. Biggest issue is stopping Lynch, which the broncos D seems best equipped for doing. After that it's the potential impact of Harvin
                                You are absolutely correct, but the most dangerous play will be the "busted play." Wilson will have a few plays per game that he runs around the schoolyard and heaves it up, hopefully we can bat those down or make him pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X