Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Jackson was a weed head

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...juana-in-time/

Former Broncos tight end Nate Jackson, who smoked marijuana while playing for pain-management purposes, estimates that “maybe half” of the league’s players use marijuana.

“For me personally, very viable,” Jackson tells Kremer regarding the benefits of marijuana. “I prefer it. Marijuana was something that helped me, as the season wore on, my body would start to break down. I was in a lot of pain.”

He must of smoked a sh*t ton of weed b/c he was always hurt lol

sounds like a fair estimate. weed is awesome.

edit: good article btw
    Last edited by lolcopter; 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I'm reading his book now. It's incredible how much I've forgotten about the broncos.

Comment

This is one of the really sad things about our society's anti-marijuana attitude. When it comes to pain management weed is vastly more healthy than prescription pain killers. It's also not physically addictive. I honestly think anyone who is anti-marijuana at this point, with all the information out there, is just a brain-washed dupe of the pharmaceutical companies.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          I'm reading his book now. It's incredible how much I've forgotten about the broncos.
          His numerous medical reports that he reprints verbatim are fascinating. Granted he was more injury prone than a lot of players—that's what eventually ended his career—but the sheer number of fairly significant injuries, medical procedures, risky shot treatments, etc that even players who are "healthy" enough to play on Sunday is staggering.

Makes it almost impossible to judge guys like John Moffitt or even legends like Barry Sanders who leave the game earlier than anyone on the outside thinks makes sense. Even if they've had generally good health, they've accumulated enough wear in their career to know their legs are going to be ****ed 20 years down the line.

Comment

MMJ advocates are basically homeopaths at this point. Dunno why they can't just smoke the stuff recreationally without claiming it's anything more than both fun and bad for you. I guess it makes for a self-serving conspiracy theory, which is really what most conspiracy theories are anyway.

Comment

Nobody in the history of mankind has died from a marijuana overdose. Caffeine is more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Keira's Lip Balm View Post
                MMJ advocates are basically homeopaths at this point. Dunno why they can't just smoke the stuff recreationally without claiming it's anything more than both fun and bad for you. I guess it makes for a self-serving conspiracy theory, which is really what most conspiracy theories are anyway.
                You know what's bad for you? All the patented drugs the pharmaceutical companies and doctors are pumping people full of for any and every ailment under the sun, many of which are made up (Restless Leg Syndrome anyone?). If they could patent weed it would be legal. Count on it.

Comment

Cannabis and its relative, industrial hemp, both have the potential to revolutionize the global economy, but this potential will be wasted as long as the government, and its corporate puppet masters, choose policies that pay farmers not to grow corn, support laws that monopolize soybean production, and demonize a plant that is less harmful than ALL of the sanctioned substances this economy produces.

Ridiculous. I'd consider going back into farming if I could grow industrial hemp.

Comment

1. Cannabis is an effective analgesic regardless of whether it's fun or if you think it's bad
                    2. Advocates push the medicinal agenda because that is the fastest way to legalization

Don't act like you've never seen a lobby effort 'spinning' an issue a certain way to make it more palatable in a policy discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      You know what's bad for you? All the patented drugs the pharmaceutical companies and doctors are pumping people full of for any and every ailment under the sun, many of which are made up (Restless Leg Syndrome anyone?). If they could patent weed it would be legal. Count on it.
                      RLS is not made up, I can assure you. And the treatment isn't patented or expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                        Nobody in the history of mankind has died from a marijuana overdose. Caffeine is more dangerous.
                        Little bit of a logical fallacy on that one, doc. Think of the number of people the world over who use caffeine compared to those who use marijuana. The small handful of cases where people perished from a caffeine overdose usually involved insane amounts (>1mg) and a prior health condition.

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                        There's a lengthy process involving highly-educated people performing years of methodological experiments to generate safety and efficacy data for approval by a regulatory body to the tune of billions of dollars. There's another process which is generally stoner hearsay.

For now, weed falls into the latter group. Maybe its pharmacological mechanism does have favorable effects on certain ailments, even though any reputable source I've seen on the subject is skeptical. In any case, MMJ advocates do themselves no favors by positing the compound as some elixir when it's bereft of any kind of clinical trial data.

At this point alcohol has way more robust evidence as to its health benefits. I don't see any drunks honestly maintaining they're doing their body good.

Comment

Little bit of a logical fallacy on that one, doc. Think of the number of people the world over who use caffeine compared to those who use marijuana. The small handful of cases where people perished from a caffeine overdose usually involved insane amounts (>1mg) and a prior health condition.

There's a lengthy process involving highly-educated people performing years of methodological experiments to generate safety and efficacy data for approval by a regulatory body to the tune of billions of dollars. There's another process which is generally stoner hearsay.

For now, weed falls into the latter group. Maybe its pharmacological mechanism does have favorable effects on certain ailments, even though any reputable source I've seen on the subject is skeptical. In any case, MMJ advocates do themselves no favors by positing the compound as some elixir when it's bereft of any kind of clinical trial data.

At this point alcohol has way more robust evidence as to its health benefits. I don't see any drunks honestly maintaining they're doing their body good.
                          Find a reported death from acute thc overdose. Has never happened. Caffeine has killed more people. So have Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                            Find a reported death from acute thc overdose. Has never happened. Caffeine has killed more people. So have Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.
                            Well, there's really two arguments we're potentially having here. One is on the toxicity of THC itself. The other might be the effects of the drug's public policy.

It looks like the lethal dose of THC is prohibitively high (like 30mg/kg), but a high lethal dose is not the same thing as it being somehow better for you than caffeine or any other compound. Nicotine is similar to THC in that its LD is sky-high, but there's little dispute it wrecks a fool. That's especially true if we consider the main method of both marijuana and nicotine consumption.

Comment

The illegality of marijuana - and the associated fallout from its illegality - is quite possibly the best example of just how illogical humans can be. It's right up there with mutually assured destruction, Islamic martyrdom, and being a Chiefs fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X