Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gase leaning toward staying in Denver

According to Mary Kay Cabot's source...
    Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase is leaning toward remaining in Denver and not taking the Browns head coaching job if it's offered, a league source told cleveland.com.

Gase, who's expected to interview with the Browns after he's eliminated from the playoffs, loves his job in Denver and relishes the idea of spending a second season as Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator.

Word in league circles is that agent Bob LaMonte has been telling folks that Gase, 35, might need another season as coordinator before taking a head job. What's more, he thinks Gase will have multiple opportunities next year
    Link

Gase, who's expected to interview with the Browns after he's eliminated from the playoffs,

Comment

I like gase and this news.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
        Gase, who's expected to interview with the Browns after he's eliminated from the playoffs,
        Stopped reading after that, didn't get very far.

Comment

Gase, who's expected to interview with the Browns after he's won the super bowl.
          FYP

Comment

They lost all creditability after that comment.

Comment

Gotta win this game to reduce the chances of this interview ever happening!

Comment

Even if we lose I'm not worried about losing him. I'd like to think he's a sensible fellow. He'd have to be a ****ing idiot to coach in Cleveland. He's also way too young and way too inexperienced. This is his first years as an OC.

He's seen the heat Dennis Allen (39 when he got the job) has had to deal with from a historically dysfunctional organization. The guy basically has one year to fix **** now or he's done. Better pray the FO doesn't **** up their loads of free cap.

The only coaches that can get away with that are ones who go into situations where everything is already set up to win. Mike Tomlin and the Steelers being a great example. He was 34 and was a DC for one year. However, he inherited everything from Cowher in an organization that was stacked with talent and two years removed from a Super Bowl win. All he had to do was make sure to not **** it up and keep the train rolling.

The Browns are not that situation.

Comment

I agree, Uber. But, I really don't want him to leave and there's always a chance he'd get an offer that would be hard to refuse and go. I'd like him to perhaps be the head coach of the Broncos some day not too far down the road.

Comment

as long as Peyton is here Gase would be an idiot to leave.. his stock is only going to go up

Comment

Don't think he's quite ready. I'd hate for him to go fail like many a Coordinator has done. Also, it would be good continuity for us to keep him one more year at least.

Comment

Although clearly a better situation with Rivers, McCoy has done well and he's young. Gase may think he can do as well. Guys at this level are confident and have egos. They're generally not the types to shy away from challenges.

Comment

The opportunity to go elsewhere is huge, but I think it speaks volumes about Gase not doing interviews until after the season is over. This tells me that Gase has a level head. His having a level head tells me he sees a ****ty situation in Cleveland and won't commit to this possible career threatening move.

Comment

Browns could be contenders next year if they have the right HC. And you can thank the Colts for basically giving them a 1st round pick for a mid level Running Back.

Comment

I don't think he's ready, but another year could do him good.

Comment

Working...
                              X