Clear All

• cutthemdown
    replied
    DJ Williams at the top of the list IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by bpc View Post
    He's a drug offense away from being suspended for a full year. Who is going to offer a long-term contract?

If I'm Denver I offer him a non-exclusive franchise tag. He's free to negotiate with other teams under that scenario and should they sign him, we would be due two first-round draft picks. If nobody signs him, he gets the one year tender. Win/win to me.
    The odds of drafting a Top-5 overall defensive player with either of those picks are just about 0.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    I think Elway had a vision of the Broncos becoming relevant again as they were 36-44 (.450) the previous 5 seasons with zero playoff appearances. the team was mired in mediocrity regardless of who the coach was, or the players were.

Elway looked at the team objectively and implemented his plan to restore the Broncos to where they are now.......

Leave a comment:

• bpc
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
    Why would he agree to that when 31 other teams will be lining up to give him a huge, long term contract?
    He's a drug offense away from being suspended for a full year. Who is going to offer a long-term contract?

If I'm Denver I offer him a non-exclusive franchise tag. He's free to negotiate with other teams under that scenario and should they sign him, we would be due two first-round draft picks. If nobody signs him, he gets the one year tender. Win/win to me.

Leave a comment:

• orangemonkey
    replied
    He's talking about McDaniels. He had to get his stench, his bull**** Patriot cheating mentality and the locker rooms low morale, lack of trust in the front office attitude out of Denver as quickly as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Any more suspensions, big injuries, most likely ruin his career for good.
    Oh just like any other NFL player? You don't say!

Leave a comment:

• Action
    replied
    Wow. This thread is full of stupidity and ****. From inaccuracy to just plain making bull**** up.

The WORST locker room players from the past 5-6 years on the Broncos were all from Shanahan. Let's make that clear.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    So you want to get rid of him?
    Not really. At the same time I wouldn't be particularly angry if the Broncos traded him away if they decide he is too risky to re-sign.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied
    Just franchise him. If he's productive just roll over year contracts season after season. Say this is on you, we'll pay you top 5 money at your position as long as you are worth it but we don't trust your off field antics to give you a 5-6 yr contract.
    Why would he agree to that when 31 other teams will be lining up to give him a huge, long term contract?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBronco
    replied
    Just franchise him. If he's productive just roll over year contracts season after season. Say this is on you, we'll pay you top 5 money at your position as long as you are worth it but we don't trust your off field antics to give you a 5-6 yr contract.
    There is a limit on the number of times a player can be tagged.

Leave a comment:

• bpc
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Von Miller's problem will most likely be no big long term offer for an extension anytime soon. Unless he has a big yr in his contract yr he won't get big money.

Any more suspensions, big injuries, most likely ruin his career for good.

Leave a comment:

• *WARHORSE*
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    The biggest one, IMO, was Tebow. He certainly didn't mean to be anything but a positive - of that, I have no doubt. But look what he did to the fan base. He is the most polarizing player I've ever seen - at least, in a Broncos uniform. Do you honestly think there wasn't at least some of that in the locker room? I don't think anyone probably hated him. But I guarantee there were guys that got tired of him - would probably roll their eyes, everytime they heard him give an interview. And what's more, I don't think many players probably believed in him, other than his ability to somehow catch the occasional lightning in a bottle.

So, you have a team that has no faith in their QB. The line doesn't ever know where to block for him. The receivers stop running crisp routes (or never start running them), because they know the play is just going to break down, or the ball is going to bounce before it gets to them. The defense plays lights out, and still find themselves behind. Does all of that make for a good locker room?
    I agree. Tebow polarized the lockeroom. You can't have that. Even though all the teammates were saying the right things, except Orton, there were obviously pro and anti Tebow players.

John removed distractions that have nothing to do with football, and it was the right move.

I think McD loved Tebow because he was a winner but also a "Yes coach! Whatever you say coach!" player.

Leave a comment:

• WolfpackGuy
    replied
    Elway traded known malcontent and McClueless stooge Brandon Lloyd to STL because Lloyd was unhappy with Tebow being given the reigns in what up to that point was a lost season.

And guess who that pick they got became?

MALIK JACKSON!

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Dumb answer. One more failed drug test and the guy is gone for a full season. Come on now.
    So you want to get rid of him?

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    The biggest one, IMO, was Tebow. He certainly didn't mean to be anything but a positive - of that, I have no doubt. But look what he did to the fan base. He is the most polarizing player I've ever seen - at least, in a Broncos uniform. Do you honestly think there wasn't at least some of that in the locker room? I don't think anyone probably hated him. But I guarantee there were guys that got tired of him - would probably roll their eyes, everytime they heard him give an interview. And what's more, I don't think many players probably believed in him, other than his ability to somehow catch the occasional lightning in a bottle.

So, you have a team that has no faith in their QB. The line doesn't ever know where to block for him. The receivers stop running crisp routes (or never start running them), because they know the play is just going to break down, or the ball is going to bounce before it gets to them. The defense plays lights out, and still find themselves behind. Does all of that make for a good locker room?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X