Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway: "We had to clean up the locker room."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    So does this mean Von Miller is gone if he as any more issues off the field?
    Dumb question.

    Why would you let go of a top 3 Defensive player, who is underpaid? Von's only problem was working a deal with a guy to skip a drug test. BFD. He's a massive producer and great in the locker room.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pricejj View Post
      D.J. Williams - overpaid, whizzinator, DUI's, etc.
      Willis McGahee - overpaid, getting older, fumbled, didn't come to camp. Signed by Elway.
      Lonie Paxton - overpaid, skipped the NE game in the playoffs to be with his high-risk pregnant wife.
      Tim Tebow - way too much sideshow, his erratic passing kept FA's away
      Lmao. Made some corrections for you. That Lonnie Paxton trying to care for his wife, that's a real cancer, let me tell ya.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by pricejj View Post
        Dumb question.

        Why would you let go of a top 3 Defensive player, who is underpaid? Von's only problem was working a deal with a guy to skip a drug test. BFD. He's a massive producer and great in the locker room.
        Dumb answer. One more failed drug test and the guy is gone for a full season. Come on now.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
          Lonnie ****ing Paxton

          The #1 move I hated the most in the McD era, shown the light on what was to come for the time he was here. ahghhghghgh
          I don't know if my sarcasm screen is broken. But I think this is so close to the truth. When other coaches bring their players, they bring them in to help install their system. When McDumbass brought in Paxton it wasn't to bring in a new system of long snapping. It was just to say "I'm going to bring in my guys no matter who they are or how they play." This is what separates McDumbass from Elway and Fox and every other coach and GM out there. Elway and Fox asked the simple question "How can you help us win?" McDumbass asked asked "How can you fit our system?" Those are two very different questions. That's what Elway was/is trying to clean up.

          Comment


          • #20
            Von Miller's problem will most likely be no big long term offer for an extension anytime soon. Unless he has a big yr in his contract yr he won't get big money.

            Any more suspensions, big injuries, most likely ruin his career for good.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              I actually didn't mean any players, but more getting rid of "The Patriot Way" and getting back to "The Broncos Way"
              Oh then I agree. There was a video guy who works for the Fan radio station who had worked in the Broncos video department for 20 years. McDaniels fired him right when he got there. Some of the people he fired without a look made sense, like Nate Jackson. But some were just dickhole moves like letting Mike Leach leave and paying more money to a long snapper who can do fewer things and doesn't cover punts as well.

              Comment


              • #22
                The biggest one, IMO, was Tebow. He certainly didn't mean to be anything but a positive - of that, I have no doubt. But look what he did to the fan base. He is the most polarizing player I've ever seen - at least, in a Broncos uniform. Do you honestly think there wasn't at least some of that in the locker room? I don't think anyone probably hated him. But I guarantee there were guys that got tired of him - would probably roll their eyes, everytime they heard him give an interview. And what's more, I don't think many players probably believed in him, other than his ability to somehow catch the occasional lightning in a bottle.

                So, you have a team that has no faith in their QB. The line doesn't ever know where to block for him. The receivers stop running crisp routes (or never start running them), because they know the play is just going to break down, or the ball is going to bounce before it gets to them. The defense plays lights out, and still find themselves behind. Does all of that make for a good locker room?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                  Dumb answer. One more failed drug test and the guy is gone for a full season. Come on now.
                  So you want to get rid of him?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Elway traded known malcontent and McClueless stooge Brandon Lloyd to STL because Lloyd was unhappy with Tebow being given the reigns in what up to that point was a lost season.

                    And guess who that pick they got became?

                    MALIK JACKSON!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                      The biggest one, IMO, was Tebow. He certainly didn't mean to be anything but a positive - of that, I have no doubt. But look what he did to the fan base. He is the most polarizing player I've ever seen - at least, in a Broncos uniform. Do you honestly think there wasn't at least some of that in the locker room? I don't think anyone probably hated him. But I guarantee there were guys that got tired of him - would probably roll their eyes, everytime they heard him give an interview. And what's more, I don't think many players probably believed in him, other than his ability to somehow catch the occasional lightning in a bottle.

                      So, you have a team that has no faith in their QB. The line doesn't ever know where to block for him. The receivers stop running crisp routes (or never start running them), because they know the play is just going to break down, or the ball is going to bounce before it gets to them. The defense plays lights out, and still find themselves behind. Does all of that make for a good locker room?
                      I agree. Tebow polarized the lockeroom. You can't have that. Even though all the teammates were saying the right things, except Orton, there were obviously pro and anti Tebow players.

                      John removed distractions that have nothing to do with football, and it was the right move.

                      I think McD loved Tebow because he was a winner but also a "Yes coach! Whatever you say coach!" player.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                        Von Miller's problem will most likely be no big long term offer for an extension anytime soon. Unless he has a big yr in his contract yr he won't get big money.

                        Any more suspensions, big injuries, most likely ruin his career for good.
                        Just franchise him. If he's productive just roll over year contracts season after season. Say this is on you, we'll pay you top 5 money at your position as long as you are worth it but we don't trust your off field antics to give you a 5-6 yr contract.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bpc View Post
                          Just franchise him. If he's productive just roll over year contracts season after season. Say this is on you, we'll pay you top 5 money at your position as long as you are worth it but we don't trust your off field antics to give you a 5-6 yr contract.
                          There is a limit on the number of times a player can be tagged.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bpc View Post
                            Just franchise him. If he's productive just roll over year contracts season after season. Say this is on you, we'll pay you top 5 money at your position as long as you are worth it but we don't trust your off field antics to give you a 5-6 yr contract.
                            Why would he agree to that when 31 other teams will be lining up to give him a huge, long term contract?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              So you want to get rid of him?
                              Not really. At the same time I wouldn't be particularly angry if the Broncos traded him away if they decide he is too risky to re-sign.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Wow. This thread is full of stupidity and ****. From inaccuracy to just plain making bull**** up.

                                The WORST locker room players from the past 5-6 years on the Broncos were all from Shanahan. Let's make that clear.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X