Sad News Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    We have talked about this but it comes down to quality of life.
    Really? Not to sound harsh man but do we really know what makes a dog happy? The dog wheel chairs are cheaper than I would have guessed. Around $250 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_8gyfeaw5xk_b

Its your call but if you have the back yard to keep him maybe it's worth a shot?

This will sound wacky but I had a really cool goat. Had a real nasty leg injury and vet said it will kill it. I told vet take the leg off. Granted he still had 3 but man the goat lived a long time after that.

Comment

Dang man, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Oh my goodness man, I am so sorry to hear this. I am a dog lover through and through and I certainly understand how hard a situation like this can be.

Just do your best to make him comfortable for as long as you can and enjoy him every day you are together.

My thoughts are with you and your family!

Broncos are gonna win this one for Quoy!!!

Comment

Best wishes to you all.

Comment

so sorry, best wishes to your dog and the rest of your family. a winning season for "coy"

Comment

Sorry. Also, and i know Im weird, but there are a few things I think people should just never talk about. Sick/dieing dogs is probably number 1 on my list. Sorry but I just dont want to be reminded that my dogs will live such short life's. It selfish of you in my humble opinion. Again, im sorry, but this has always bothered me and I had to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                He is a good vet. We did an MRI and it is a ruptured disc. With his age they said he just wont survive a surgery like that. We are going to try everything we can but i am a realist and I understand half of what came out of there mouths was said to comfort us. I saw the photos, I goggled the results.
                I think that it's great that you are being realistic and that your doctors have been realistic as well. Even if the surgery was successful, Quoydogs is nearing the end of his natural life span, and with the recovery time you never know what will happen before he could be himself again.

Dogs live in the moment, they have no concept of the future, so just make every day you have left with him as good as you can. Good luck to you and your family.

Comment

(Sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                    Sorry. Also, and i know Im weird, but there are a few things I think people should just never talk about. Sick/dieing dogs is probably number 1 on my list. Sorry but I just dont want to be reminded that my dogs will live such short life's. It selfish of you in my humble opinion. Again, im sorry, but this has always bothered me and I had to say it.

Why do you even feel the need to shyt on this guy's emotions like that? Keep it to yourself.

Comment

Man, that's awful. Having lost beloved dogs, I feel for you! Make him a huge platter of his favorite foods, and let him gorge himself - if his stomach will allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                        Huh..interesting view point.

I'm the opposite. I think more people should talk about death and realize we too have short fragile lives. I think people walk the world with glazed eyes thinking their lives are suppose to last 77.5 years on average and they'll get there. Sadly they start living once they are diagnosed with a terminal illness only to have discovered what life is while the sands of the hour glass quickly empty out.

As far as talking about death and dogs? Seems like a healthy way to rationalize the options and perhaps come to a realization of what can or can't be done.

Here is a little experiment for you Atl-eric. For the next week when you look in the mirror to brush your teeth say this to yourself "I could be dead later today". I promise you that if you do this you will start making much difference choices each and everyday that week and realistically much longer. Why? Because you could be dead later today. So could I.
                        Last edited by Meck77; 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                            Man, that's awful. Having lost beloved dogs, I feel for you! Make him a huge platter of his favorite foods, and let him gorge himself - if his stomach will allow it.
                            I assure you he will be eating Pizza, Jerky, broccoli and Bacon till his heart is content.

Comment

I also recommend a buffalo hide to chew on

Comment

Win it for Quoy

Sorry about your family member! Hope he can pull through, but spend lots of time with him and let him enjoy his tie with all of his fav treats and food

Comment

Working...
                                X