Sad News Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News Today.

Today we found out that one of the biggest Broncos fans and my best friend has a limited number of day left. Quoydods is our 11 year Weimaraner. He went in for a tooth extraction and came out with a ruptured disc in his spine. He has lost the use of his rear legs and we are having to help him walk everywhere. The Vet said he is too old for surgery and gave us some pills that may work "30 percent chance" ( although I know they wont and he did this just because my wife was having a melt down in the middle of his store. )

Anyways he has proudly worn his colors every Sunday.

Thanks for listening .

JC

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1389986839

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1389986858

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1389986893
    Attached Files

Sorry to hear it, hope your puppy pulls through.

Comment

Dammit. I hate that for You.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that.

What's his name?

Comment

Sorry to hear. We thought we were going to have to put our 12 year old dog down over Christmas but he pulled through and is improving slightly on his meds.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
            I'm so sorry to hear that.

What's his name?
            Quoy ( Coy )

Comment

Sorry to hear of this. Hope Quoydogs pulls through and can get back to
              full health.

And I would tell that Vet that you are going to lawyer up. No excuse for
              this but malpractice, and a vet that ruptures a disc pulling a tooth was very careless. It won't help with the dog, but might make you feel a little better in the end if he is made to pay for it.

Pets are members of families as much as anyone or thing can be.

Comment

Get him one of those wheelchairs for dogs. Strap the back legs into a harness and the platform has wheels on it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. It's tough to see a dog suffer. A buddy of mine (In Denver) had a dog that had some type of cancer. He had visible tumors and was hurting. Vet said to put him down that he wouldn't even be able to walk soon. Friend refused and opted to give his dog medical marijuana edibles. Dog started feeling much better, appetite returned, gained mobility and had another full year of life before you finally put the old guy down. Just a thought.

Keep in mind they say 1 dog year = 7 human years. I think it's true. Humans wait til their often 60 or 70 years old to relax, have fun, and maybe start living! aka Retired. By then it's too late! Dogs on the other hand are full of life and love right out of the shoot!
                  Last edited by Meck77; 01-17-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                    Get him one of those wheelchairs for dogs. Strap the back legs into a harness and the platform has wheels on it.
                    We have talked about this but it comes down to quality of life. He wont be happy not being able to hunt the trees in our back yard. In order for the pills to work he has to be pretty much immobilized for the next 6 months. He is just way to vocal for this and is a high energy dog. I'm literately sick about this but we decided a long time ago with us and the doggies Quality of life comes before see how long we can keep him around. I really hope this does not make me sound like a bad person. It's like losing a son. But if hes not happy is it worth keeping him around ?

Comment

Let's hope his last days are filled with Broncos wins and a shiny new trophy.

This one's for Qouy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                        Sorry to hear of this. Hope Quoydogs pulls through and can get back to
                        full health.

And I would tell that Vet that you are going to lawyer up. No excuse for
                        this but malpractice, and a vet that ruptures a disc pulling a tooth was very careless. It won't help with the dog, but might make you feel a little better in the end if he is made to pay for it.

Pets are members of families as much as anyone or thing can be.
                        First of all, that is bull****. There is very little chance that anything the vet did was improper. A ruptured disc doesn't happen unless the disc already was degenerative or otherwise diseased.

Secondly, unless an MRI is performed and confirms the disc rupture, nobody knows that there isn't a clot or a tumor that is causing the spinal cord injury (in which case, might as well perform surgery since he'll have to be under anesthesia anyway).

Good luck to the OP. I've seen dogs come out of those types of situations without surgery before, but if you don't start seeing improvement in a week, it is pretty unlikely without surgery.

Comment

Yeah that sucks man. My Bulldog is doing fine now, but being almost 8 I know her doggie days are probably numbered. I am dreading that day that you just had. Like the other poster said, I hope she goes out on top barkin' for a super bowl champion!

Comment

Sorry to hear it. Non-Dog owners will never understand just how much of a family member dogs become. All you can do is reflect on how great a life Quoy has because he found your family.

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by misturanderson View Post
                              First of all, that is bull****. There is very little chance that anything the vet did was improper. A ruptured disc doesn't happen unless the disc already was degenerative or otherwise diseased.

Secondly, unless an MRI is performed and confirms the disc rupture, nobody knows that there isn't a clot or a tumor that is causing the spinal cord injury (in which case, might as well perform surgery since he'll have to be under anesthesia anyway).

Good luck to the OP. I've seen dogs come out of those types of situations without surgery before, but if you don't start seeing improvement in a week, it is pretty unlikely without surgery.
                              He is a good vet. We did an MRI and it is a ruptured disc. With his age they said he just wont survive a surgery like that. We are going to try everything we can but i am a realist and I understand half of what came out of there mouths was said to comfort us. I saw the photos, I goggled the results.

Comment

Working...
                              X