Mayors' bet: green chili vs. chocolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayors' bet: green chili vs. chocolates

While green chili was a good choice, he could have gone the way of CO's new green stuff... The jersey swap is great!

-------
    http://www.kgwn.tv/story/24476270/af...-vs-chocolates
    AFC mayors' bet: green chile vs. chocolates

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 5:03 PM MST
    Updated: Jan 16, 2014 5:03 PM MST
    BOSTON (AP) - The mayors of Boston and Denver have a friendly wager on the AFC championship game, Denver green chile and Boston chocolates.

The Denver Broncos are hosting the New England Patriots for Saturday's game, with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

New Boston Mayor Martin Walsh says he and Denver Mayor Michael Hancock also have agreed the loser will wear the winning team jersey at next week's U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington.

If the Patriots win, Hancock will send Walsh a sampling of green chile, and a hoodie, cap and handmade skis from Denver's Icelantic Skis.

If it's the Broncos, Walsh will send five pounds of Phillips Candy House chocolate turtles and donate to the Denver Public Library inscribed books by more than a dozen Boston authors, including Dennis Lehane and Doris Kearns Goodwin.

"See - we like athletics, too! We're just like regular folks! Give us your money and votes. But mainly just your money."

Signed,

Every pandering politician, ever.
    Last edited by mennonite; 01-17-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

That's funny. Denver Mayor: I would love if you donate books to our school system.

Boston Mayor: Give me your clothes and your skis.

Comment

ah, that's soo cute. The Denver mayor is also getting screwed. Library books, really?

Comment

Send them some 30 round ma....crap. Ok, green chile.

Comment

A trip to the SB and a collection of Doris Kearns Goodwin books? Score!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
              it's so funny but so terrible...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                I'm sure he could still get it drop shipped from Cheyenne.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  That's funny. Denver Mayor: I would love if you donate books to our school system.

I need your boots, cloths, and your motorcyle.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                    I'm sure he could still get it drop shipped from Cheyenne.
                    Or have his dad bring some from Florida when they meet up to go hunting.

Not that anyone would do that, but it's a way to do it anyhow.

Comment

I read somewhere that the current Denver mayor used to be Huddles...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

That was my first thought too. What a d-bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                          I need your boots, cloths, and your motorcyle.

Comment

Denver needs to send some of these bad boys to Boston. Read the reviews at the bottom:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Here is sample of just one of many similar reviews:

Just don't. Unless it's a gift for someone you hate.
                            By C. Torok on October 3, 2012 Amazon Verified Purchase Oh man...words cannot express what happened to me after eating these. The Gummi Bear "Cleanse". If you are someone that can tolerate the sugar substitute, enjoy. If you are like the dozens of people that tried my order, RUN!

First of all, for taste I would rate these a 5. So good. Soft, true-to-taste fruit flavors like the sugar variety...I was a happy camper.

BUT (or should I say BUTT), not long after eating about 20 of these all hell broke loose. I had a gastrointestinal experience like nothing I've ever imagined. Cramps, sweating, bloating beyond my worst nightmare. I've had food poisoning from some bad shellfish and that was almost like a skip in the park compared to what was going on inside me.

Then came the, uh, flatulence. Heavens to Murgatroyd, the sounds, like trumpets calling the demons back to Hell...the stench, like 1,000 rotten corpses vomited. I couldn't stand to stay in one room for fear of succumbing to my own odors.

But wait; there's more. What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM. It was actually a bit humorous (for a nanosecond)as it was just beyond anything I could imagine possible.

AND IT WENT ON FOR HOURS.

I felt violated when it was over, which I think might have been sometime in the early morning of the next day. There was stuff coming out of me that I ate at my wedding in 2005.

I had FIVE POUNDS of these innocent-looking delicious-tasting HELLBEARS so I told a friend about what happened to me, thinking it HAD to be some type of sensitivity I had to the sugar substitute, and in spite of my warnings and graphic descriptions, she decided to take her chances and take them off my hands.

Silly woman. All of the same for her, and a phone call from her while on the toilet (because you kinda end up living in the bathroom for a spell) telling me she really wished she would have listened. I think she was crying.

Her sister was skeptical and suspected that we were exaggerating. She took them to work, since there was still 99% of a 5 pound bag left. She works for a construction company, where there are builders, roofers, house painters, landscapers, etc. Lots of people who generally have limited access to toilets on a given day. I can't imagine where all of those poor men (and women) pooped that day. I keep envisioning men on roofs, crossing their legs and trying to decide if they can make it down the ladder, or if they should just jump.

If you order these, best of luck to you. And please, don't post a video review during the aftershocks.

Comment

since when has boston been a mecca for chocolate?

Comment

Working...
                              X