Our Defense should play with 12 guys in practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Defense should play with 12 guys in practice

I cant imagine our offense getting the work in it needs going against this depleted defense in practice. Someone pass this along to JDR lol. Practice these days must be a bloodbath with our 4th stringers trying to stop DT, JT, Deck and Welker.

Golden rule: Don't practice bad habits.

Comment

We already have a hard enough time deciding whether we want 11 or 12 players on defense during the games. No need to add more confusion to that.

Not only that, but this would change all of Peyton's reads and could affect his gameday decision making.

Comment

Pats offense this week is practicing with Gisele lined up at WR so that their defense is prepared to line up against a supermodel like Decker.

Comment

I'm not sure what game situation this would simulate.

Comment

Comment

They should also run a 40.

Comment

We should also have the defense practice neutral zone infractions...for the offense's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                  We should also have the defense practice neutral zone infractions...for the offense's benefit.
                  Speaking of this, I think Peyton needs to be careful this week and not gyrate too much while trying to draw them off sides. Word is the refs will be watching out this week and could call him for false start

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                    Speaking of this, I think Peyton needs to be careful this week and not gyrate too much while trying to draw them off sides. Word is the refs will be watching out this week and could call him for false start
                    you have some inside info from lightrail?

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
                      No, I just read this from a Peter King mailbag:

THE MANNING MOVEMENTS. Four 49ers fans were watching the Denver-San Diego game. On at least two of the encroachment penalties called against the Chargers, all four of us were in agreement that a false start should have been called on Peyton Manning. He bobbed his head vigorously and at the same time thrust his hands forward in a sharp manner. We looked it up in the rule book and it sure seems that he got away with at least two false starts. And don’t say that is Manning’s normal way to receive the ball, because it is not. When he is actually getting the snap, he does not bob his head and jerk his hands forward. I imagine both Mike McCoy and Bill Belichick will be asking the NFL to take a look at this.

—Phillip

I think you have a very good point. The Manning motions, I am sure, will be addressed by the Competition Committee this offseason. I would say it’s likely that whoever officiates that game this weekend will be reminded to watch for overt movement by Manning. Thanks for writing such an intelligent email.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
                        Yea, I think Peter King has his panties in a twist about this. This is the **** he cares about as he lionizes a known cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                          Yea, I think Peter King has his panties in a twist about this. This is the **** he cares about as he lionizes a known cheat.
                          "Known Patriot Fan Peter King™" is a reliable Patriot stooge? Shocking!

Comment

So PK's opinion is the word...got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                              Our Defense should crab-walk everywhere this week.
                              Lobstah Walk! New England and all.

Comment

Working...
                              X