4th down conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th down conversions

Billicheat is gonna go for more 4th down conversions than punts. How many times are we gonna stop them? Am I the only one who thinks billy and tommies smiles in their "pressers" were telling? Just sayin

After seeing bb and tommy smile like that I think they go on every 4th down, just saying.

Comment

Forget that, what about the wind?

Comment

I actually agree with this. Their punter is hurt so you know they are going to plan for that contingency. I would not be surprised to see them go for it on fourth down almost every time. They want to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. Be ready for some onside kicks too.

Comment

Going for it every time it's ridiculous. Agree that in grey area situations they may roll the dice. We should too.

Comment

Fourth and 3 or shorter in positive territory, I would expect them to go for it.

Until they're down 17 points in the first. Then they might start playing field position.

Comment

Depending on their field position, I can see them going for it more than normal, but it would only be on the right side of the 50yd line.

BB won't want to give Peyton a short field to work with at any time.

Comment

Against our defense, I see them going for it quite often.

Comment

If they do this I'd be very worried. It's the only way besides officiating they can win. It automatically makes your offense 33% better than the other team.

If the game of football was just invented this year, coaches would look at the rules and say, "So I can take 25% of my plays away by just giving the team the other ball?" **** that." Nobody would punt if it wasn't for history and resistance to change. It looks like it took an injury to a punter for somebody to figure it out, and it scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                    If they do this I'd be very worried. It's the only way besides officiating they can win. It automatically makes your offense 33% better than the other team.
                    Being forced to take high risk plays out of desperation makes your offense better?

Not only better, but exactly 33% better?

Sure, why not? Seems legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailgater View Post
                      Depending on their field position, I can see them going for it more than normal, but it would only be on the right side of the 50yd line.

BB won't want to give Peyton a short field to work with at any time.
                      He already has with the game on the line. It didn't work, but his strategy at the time was clearly that turnovers (punts are just long interceptions) are more important than field position.

Comment

Good.

Maybe a few times, they'll go for it and fail from their own 30 like they did in 2009 against the Colts.

"Belicheat invented football! Blah, blah, blah!"

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                          Being forced to take high risk plays out of desperation makes your offense better?

Not only better, but exactly 33% better?

Sure, why not? Seems legit.
                          Not exactly 33% BETTER, but you do have a 33% higher chance of not turning it over.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                            Against our defense, I see them going for it quite often.
                            Given the status of your secondary, I don't think the Pats will have many 4th downs.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                              He already has with the game on the line. It didn't work, but his strategy at the time was clearly that turnovers (punts are just long interceptions) are more important than field position.
                              Totally different circumstances. Manning was at the top of his game, with a much stronger arm than he has today, the Pats secondary couldn't stop diddly that year. It was also late in the game and the defense was gassed.

He might go for it, but not from the 20yd line, unless it's the final drive of the game & the Pats are down.

Comment

Working...
                              X