X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
    I like this. T. Carter does well vs. smaller WR on the outside. Keep him away from punt coverage please.
    I was going to say the same thing. I like him vs the Pat's smaller WR's, can't expect to put him on the big WR's and dominate. This is a better option than Webster or Jammer.

Now he needs to go out and have a great game.

Leave a comment:

• bpc
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
    So looking at Webster's numbers, I see a pretty good rookie CB. - one that projects better than many think. Yeah we saw those big plays (with no safety help) where Webster didn’t turn his head. But those happen even against good CB's in the league. So we all know the Pats praise this Dennard guy. And he is a pretty decent corner, nothing really special, but decent (good if you are Pats homer). Well, Webster’s numbers are clearly better and he played a lot less – Dennard was a starter for most of the season and Webster only started 2 games this year.

Keyvon Webster – Games played – 14, Games started – 2, tackle – 41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 9, FF – 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/kayvonwebs...40291/gamelogs

Alfonzo Dennard – Games played – 13, Games started – 9, tackle -41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 8, FF – 0

http://www.nfl.com/player/alfonzoden...32832/gamelogs

Webster has been a regular back up seeing obviously less snaps than Dennard. However, has performed equally in many areas and even better in some. If he is healthy, he should go.
    Webster has had a solid 1st year but he had the Shawn Springs effect back in 97' when Denver went to Seattle. The guy was a number 1 pick, all the talent in the world just not the experience needed to thrive against experienced QB's. He got beat like a drum that day in his 1st matchup vs. Elway.

Webster has been solid most of the year but vs. NE/SD late in the season, Brady and Rives ATTACKED him over and over, we had no answer.

Looking at him right now, he's coming off an injured arm where he won't be able to use that as much for coverage, pressing or tackling. All things considered, I prefer Carter in this matchup but I think Webster will play too.

Leave a comment:

• BigPlayShay
    replied
    Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
    As if any of our DBs know how to catch a ball anyway....
    I was looking at it more from it being a hindrance to being physical and tackling.

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPlayShay View Post
    Agree with you, but Webster has a freaking club on his hand, and it isn't coming off by Sunday.
    As if any of our DBs know how to catch a ball anyway....

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    So looking at Webster's numbers, I see a pretty good rookie CB. - one that projects better than many think. Yeah we saw those big plays (with no safety help) where Webster didn’t turn his head. But those happen even against good CB's in the league. So we all know the Pats praise this Dennard guy. And he is a pretty decent corner, nothing really special, but decent (good if you are Pats homer). Well, Webster’s numbers are clearly better and he played a lot less – Dennard was a starter for most of the season and Webster only started 2 games this year.

Keyvon Webster – Games played – 14, Games started – 2, tackle – 41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 9, FF – 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/kayvonwebs...40291/gamelogs

Alfonzo Dennard – Games played – 13, Games started – 9, tackle -41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 8, FF – 0

http://www.nfl.com/player/alfonzoden...32832/gamelogs

Webster has been a regular back up seeing obviously less snaps than Dennard. However, has performed equally in many areas and even better in some. If he is healthy, he should go.

Leave a comment:

• ScottXray
    replied
    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    He is beat like a drum every time he is on the field. Sure he can tackle but his coverage skills at this point are lacking.

Too me he still looks like he is out of position. He needs to be moved to safety.
    Webster has actually covered well, but he almost never looks for the ball, and so,gives up too many catches. He does tackle well, but with the cast on can't be counted on for that. The Game is still just a bit too fast for him, but I think he is going to be a good coverage CB in the next year or two.

I think DRC and Carter at CB with Champ in for the slot is what we see the most of. The problem I see is that Champ is still playing limited snap counts, so keeping him in as the nickel is likely.

I think we win this going away, but we absolutely CANNOT withstand another injury in the secondary.

Stay Healthy, Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• ATL-Eric
    replied
    I would assume we'll find out quick if Carter is ready bc you know Brady we'll go right at him from the get-go. If he cant handle it then bring in a fresh Webster or Jammer. Id like to see Champ stay at slot. Maybe Duke can lay a couple thunder hits early to help the cause.

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    Originally posted by BMORE View Post
    I'm not sure why so many think Webster is a liability. I'm assuming they are speaking from the San Diego game, where he actually played solid coverage, and was beat by some very good throws.
    He is beat like a drum every time he is on the field. Sure he can tackle but his coverage skills at this point are lacking.

Too me he still looks like he is out of position. He needs to be moved to safety.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Originally posted by mile7high7 View Post
    To be honest, I was disappointed we let out Chrish Harrish had a Torn ACL so quickly after the MRI. We had the option to sit on it...the injury report wasn't due until Wednesday. Or at the very least, at the end of the day on Tuesday. Why give out helpful information?
    In this day and age of twitter and facebook and all the other social media it was bound to come out anyways, regardless.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    Like alot of people have mentioned this makes alot of sense bc #1 he cant be worse then Jammer and #2 the Pats have smaller/quicker receivers, especially with Tompkins likely out.

The issue could arise if the massive 260lb Blount ever makes it past our Linebakers.
    I doubt any of our DB's would have an easy time bringing down a 250-260 lb RB with a full head of steam

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    I'm not sure why so many think Webster is a liability. I'm assuming they are speaking from the San Diego game, where he actually played solid coverage, and was beat by some very good throws.
    I think it's more the NE game when Brady picked on him. That and isn't he wearing a cast still?

I like Webster, but I think he's raw. He looks like he's going to be a player as he seems to be in position most of the time, but he's slow to turn his head or react when the ball is in the air. I think that part will come. As it stands now, I like how Carter matches up against the smaller/shiftier NE WRs. And I like that he has the experience. Not a knock on KW, but the idea of Webster on an island in the AFCCG is a little disconcerting.

Hopefully whoever steps in proves to be a capable replacement.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by bpc View Post
    Listening to Dmac and Alfred. They played clips of JDR's press conference and Tony Carter got on with them. Holy cow, there is some angst up in that relationship.
    The interview actually sounded great. Listen to all the players and coaches. They all sound the same.

Tony Carter is somber, serious, and realizes what's in front of him. His only problem is that he has been lackadaisical when given the opportunity. Carter sounds like he gets it now. Almost everbody in the Broncos Secondary is fighting for their football career.

All the Broncos are somber this week, but loose.
    Last edited by pricejj; 01-16-2014, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Keira's Lip Balm
    replied
    Samesies. I think he shows a lot of upside, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• BMORE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
    Webster is a much better pick here. As someone said Carter is a poor tackler and if he is remotely down field with a receiver it could get ugly.

Webster is fare better than Carter or Jammer and can tackle and get physical.
    If Webster gets on the field Brady will abuse him mercilessly. The only real option here is Carter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X