No announcement yet.

Good news for some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So looking at Webster's numbers, I see a pretty good rookie CB. - one that projects better than many think. Yeah we saw those big plays (with no safety help) where Webster didn’t turn his head. But those happen even against good CB's in the league. So we all know the Pats praise this Dennard guy. And he is a pretty decent corner, nothing really special, but decent (good if you are Pats homer). Well, Webster’s numbers are clearly better and he played a lot less – Dennard was a starter for most of the season and Webster only started 2 games this year.

Keyvon Webster – Games played – 14, Games started – 2, tackle – 41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 9, FF – 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/kayvonwebs...40291/gamelogs

Alfonzo Dennard – Games played – 13, Games started – 9, tackle -41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 8, FF – 0

http://www.nfl.com/player/alfonzoden...32832/gamelogs

Webster has been a regular back up seeing obviously less snaps than Dennard. However, has performed equally in many areas and even better in some. If he is healthy, he should go.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPlayShay View Post
      Agree with you, but Webster has a freaking club on his hand, and it isn't coming off by Sunday.
      As if any of our DBs know how to catch a ball anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
        As if any of our DBs know how to catch a ball anyway....
        I was looking at it more from it being a hindrance to being physical and tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
          So looking at Webster's numbers, I see a pretty good rookie CB. - one that projects better than many think. Yeah we saw those big plays (with no safety help) where Webster didn’t turn his head. But those happen even against good CB's in the league. So we all know the Pats praise this Dennard guy. And he is a pretty decent corner, nothing really special, but decent (good if you are Pats homer). Well, Webster’s numbers are clearly better and he played a lot less – Dennard was a starter for most of the season and Webster only started 2 games this year.

Keyvon Webster – Games played – 14, Games started – 2, tackle – 41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 9, FF – 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/kayvonwebs...40291/gamelogs

Alfonzo Dennard – Games played – 13, Games started – 9, tackle -41, sack – 0, INT – 1, Pass deflect – 8, FF – 0

http://www.nfl.com/player/alfonzoden...32832/gamelogs

Webster has been a regular back up seeing obviously less snaps than Dennard. However, has performed equally in many areas and even better in some. If he is healthy, he should go.
          Webster has had a solid 1st year but he had the Shawn Springs effect back in 97' when Denver went to Seattle. The guy was a number 1 pick, all the talent in the world just not the experience needed to thrive against experienced QB's. He got beat like a drum that day in his 1st matchup vs. Elway.

Webster has been solid most of the year but vs. NE/SD late in the season, Brady and Rives ATTACKED him over and over, we had no answer.

Looking at him right now, he's coming off an injured arm where he won't be able to use that as much for coverage, pressing or tackling. All things considered, I prefer Carter in this matchup but I think Webster will play too.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
            I like this. T. Carter does well vs. smaller WR on the outside. Keep him away from punt coverage please.
            I was going to say the same thing. I like him vs the Pat's smaller WR's, can't expect to put him on the big WR's and dominate. This is a better option than Webster or Jammer.

Now he needs to go out and have a great game.

Comment

Working...
            X