Most Respected Player In The NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Respected Player In The NFL

As part of ESPN's NFL Nation Confidential survey of more than 320 players, the questions were asked, "If you had to start a team with one player, whom would it be?" and "Which player do you respect the most?"

And Manning was the top choice for both.

Manning was the leading vote-getter as first pick to start a team, with 62 votes (19 percent). Andrew Luck, who replaced Manning in Indianapolis, received 56 votes and Tom Brady was third with 41 votes.

Eighty-six players (27 percent) chose Manning as the player they most respect. Brady and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson tied for second with 24 votes each.

"I don't know about all of the votes, or how it was done, but I certainly appreciate those players ... feeling that way," Manning said. "I think team success is the No. 1 thing, and that's about the time you put in, the work you put in as a team to reach goals, to execute, to put yourselves in position. I guess I've always felt like individual things are nice and you're thankful, but the success of your team, that's what is at the heart of everything."

Manning's teammates certainly agreed with the vote totals...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...fl-espn-survey

I can't believe Luck was picked over Brady. I can't believe any none QB was picked over Bress. QBs are priority one in the league.

Comment

But but but.... Where is Cutler? Rev wants Cutler over Luck. How could this be?

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
        I can't believe Luck was picked over Brady. I can't believe any none QB was picked over Bress. QBs are priority one in the league.
        I think it goes more to age and potential why Luck was chosen ahead of Brady. I mean if you think about it, Luck has potentially another 15 years in his career and is seen as the next great QB. Brady has 5 years maybe. If you're setting up a franchise it is in your best interest to have the top spot locked down for the next decade+

also you have to wonder, is Brady the same without Belichick.

Comment

Yeah, i mean, if they mean for one season, sure Peyton...But if i was starting a franchise today id want Luck over all of them personally. I'm actually shocked Manning did so well in both categories... I never expected him to be so respected by other current non-teammate players.

Comment

Why is Brees so low? I thought he was one of the most liked players in the whole sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              Why is Brees so low? I thought he was one of the most liked players in the whole sport?
              I would think that #5 out of over 1500 players is pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                I would think that #5 out of over 1500 players is pretty high.
                I guess that's fair. And it includes "starting a team with such-and-such" so maybe they just picked Manning and Brady instead because they are better.

Comment

I think it's crazy that London Fletcher is so high.

I can understand why, he's played at a high level at a very physical position for such a long time, but I wouldn't expect him to be so high on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                    I think it goes more to age and potential why Luck was chosen ahead of Brady. I mean if you think about it, Luck has potentially another 15 years in his career and is seen as the next great QB. Brady has 5 years maybe. If you're setting up a franchise it is in your best interest to have the top spot locked down for the next decade+

also you have to wonder, is Brady the same without Belichick.
                    Ok, if age is the reason, why is Manning #1. He's older then Brady.

Comment

no chiefs players were discussed? shocking!

Comment

LUCK is a unitas re-born, he may end up 10 best of all time. CUTLER will always struggle to be top ten just amongst his piers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          Literacy not your thing, eh?

I said Cutler is better NOW and that Luck should surpass him soon as he continues to develop:

More importantly:

Who are you?
                          Luck is already better there, friend. It's easy to see. Hell, it was easy to see it last year.

I guess the real question for you is whether or not your Cutler-boner would even exist in the first place if he didnt start his NFL life as a Bronco. If you could even admit there is some of that clouding your judgement, I would be quite impressed.

Comment

Working...
                          X