No announcement yet.

Reid gets Coach of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah, Reid got lucky. He had a decent team that played scrub teams all year with back up QB's. As soon as they had to play the real teams, they got waxed. They had 1 good win over Philly and 1 blah win over the Cowgirls. Every other win was over the leagues garbage. They got swept by us and the Chugs. They lost to the Colts twice (once in the playoffs).

Count me as one who thinks they'll struggle a bit next year with a much harder schedule. They aint gonna sneak up on anybody this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Reid deserves it because he took a 2 win team with no QB and turned them into a lucky 9-7 team with still no QB.

Reid very deserving of the award...props to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Reid very deserving of the award...props to him.
        How do you figure? He had 1 decent win against Philly. 1 lucky win over the Cowboys. Anybody else that was a halfway decent team or good team, the Chiefs lost. Beating up on the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Jaguars and Giants isn't worthy of Coach Of The Year IMO. I'd have given it to McCoy before I'd give it to Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
          It'll be unpopular around Here, but I think Belichick deserves it. They've had a pretty damn tumultuous year but managed a two seed, and did it by adjusting their fundamental scheme in major ways.
          **** that! i hate the love the Pats get for overcoming their injuries this year, like they are the only team that had to overcome anything. never mind that Denver has lost their starting LT, the 1st and 2nd string Centers, have had Franklin miss time at RT, Welker missed 6 games, JT missed multiple games and not only did the offense survive, it set just about every single offensive record.

Now let's flip to the defense, Von gone majority of the season, Champ missed most of the season, Knighton, Wolfe, Moore, Ihenacho, Woodyard, DRC and Ayers all missed time

Denver even had their HC miss time.

I'm not saying a Bronco deserves the award, but the league really needs to quit gargling Belicheat's balls.

Reid is the best choice. Took a 2-14 team to the playoffs. Made Alex Smith look decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            Reid isn't even the 3rd best coach in the AFC west.

McCoy did more with less. It's easy to scoot by with the most pro bowlers on a team.

McCoy even did a sweep of Reid.
            I agree with this. Reid did a good job stabilizing the QB position(though I wouldnt want that guy qb my team). chiefs had a lot of talent on that team. mcCoy did a heck of a job with SD with less and won a playoff game.

Comment

Chip Kelly did a good job by getting to the playoffs his first year with a team that went 4-12 last year.

Comment

Del Rio?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                  Chip Kelly did a good job by getting to the playoffs his first year with a team that went 4-12 last year.
                  That he did, and you (like me) probably didn't click the link and the thread title doesn't specifically say "AFC coach of the year"

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
                    Del Rio?

Comment

Reid was an easy pick. Like someone else said, though, I want to see Alex Smith in KC for a LONG LONG time. Lock him up!

Comment

I agree that McCoy should be AFC Coach of the Year as the SD team had many injuries and they beat KC twice and won a playoff game.

McCoy should have got it, not Reid.

Comment

Gifted a 9-0 start with cupcakes and back-ups, then goes 2-5 down the stretch when playoff position is on the line. 2nd worst playoff choke in recorded history.

Chiefs record against playoff teams 1-7.

Yeah, coach of the year.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reid deserved AFC coach of the year, because of where KC was the previous season. The most improved team typically wins the award.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                              It'll be unpopular around Here, but I think Belichick deserves it. They've had a pretty damn tumultuous year but managed a two seed, and did it by adjusting their fundamental scheme in major ways.
                              I would share that award with Tom Brady then as he did a pretty good job with nobody to throw to this season. BB does deserve some mention but Reid took a 2-14 team and got them into the playoffs to rip out the hearts, once again, for those fans.
                              Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-16-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                                Reid deserved AFC coach of the year, because of where KC was the previous season. The most improved team typically wins the award.
                                Yes, but if anybody looked past just the number of wins and losses, they would see a team that had 6 pro-bowlers last year despite their league-worst record (clearly underperforming to their talent level). This year they would see that they only beat the Eagles and a bunch of garbage teams. That's with the benefit of an amazingly favorable schedule, including an outrageous number of games with teams playing 2nd and 3rd string QBs (including 2 rookie UDFAs in their first NFL games). As soon as they actually faced some adversity they dropped every game against any team that wasn't in the bottom 5% of the league.

Their record last year was not indicative of their talent level and their record this year would have been closer to 9-7 had they not lucked into maybe the easiest schedule ever put together, when key injuries are taken into account for the opposition. You can't fault Reid, but he didn't deserve that award. They should have been a middling team last year and they should have been a slightly better middling team this year. Epically poor coaching last year and luck this year made Reid's impact seem more impressive than it was.
                                Last edited by misturanderson; 01-17-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X