Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid gets Coach of the Year

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/15...ommittees.html

hopefully Smith will get a nice big fat contract to go with this awesomeness...

Rivera got robbed!

Comment

It'll be unpopular around Here, but I think Belichick deserves it. They've had a pretty damn tumultuous year but managed a two seed, and did it by adjusting their fundamental scheme in major ways.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        Rivera got robbed!
        It answers that at the start of the article.

"The other winners are: Carolina’s Ron Rivera, NFC coach of the year"

Reid won for the AFC.

Comment

I think you can make a great argument for Reid or BB.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
            It'll be unpopular around Here, but I think Belichick deserves it. They've had a pretty damn tumultuous year but managed a two seed, and did it by adjusting their fundamental scheme in major ways.
            He's got his QB, so that give him a clear head start... But his game plans and overcoming adversity is freakesly good. I just didn't see them in AFCCG THIS season losing Welker, Gronk, Angel Dust Aaron, Wilfork for the season... Incredible job.

Comment

Reid deserves it because he took a 2 win team with no QB and turned them into a lucky 9-7 team with still no QB.

Comment

Reid isn't even the 3rd best coach in the AFC west.

McCoy did more with less. It's easy to scoot by with the most pro bowlers on a team.

McCoy even did a sweep of Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  Reid deserves it because he took a 2 win team with no QB and turned them into a lucky 9-7 team with still no QB.
                  Ironically it's the best of all time Defense that was their undoing

Comment

This isn't the same as the AP award, is it?

Comment

I concur with Reid over Belicheck. While I can admire what BeelzeBill did with the Patriots, he's also been HC there for just a few more years than Reid has had with KC. Reid had very little time with this team and the turn around is impressive. And oh yes, Alex Smith vs Tom Brady, come on now.
                      Last edited by Miss I.; 01-15-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Riverboat Ron got snubbed. The chiefs got swept by 3 different teams and were like 1-6 vs teams with winning records or teams with starting qb's playing I forgot the exact statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                          Riverboat Ron got snubbed. The chiefs got swept by 3 different teams and were like 1-6 vs teams with winning records or teams with starting qb's playing I forgot the exact statistic.
                          The award was for AFC coach of the year. Rivera won NFC coach of the year. This appears to be from the football writers of america, and not the associated press

Comment

I think he did a pretty good job in KC. They had good players, but they just had no direction and wouldn't play for that other coach.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X