Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos have #1 ranked defense in playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
    Fox needs to grow a pair. Carroll is more like Lance Armstrong: he still has one functioning nut.
    I've seen almost nothing conservative about this year's team. If you think otherwise, I have no idea what you have been watching.

Comment

If you're looking for a political discussion, we have a place for that. It isn't the football forum. Please stop hijacking football discussions to politics. TIA.

/mod mode

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        I've seen almost nothing conservative about this year's team. If you think otherwise, I have no idea what you have been watching.
        I *think* it was in reference to a thread I started early in the season about Fox needing to grow a pair. That was before his heart attack / surgery.

My contention was that Fox's conservative mentality cost us the win against Baltimore last year.

I do think that compared to 2012, Fox & Company have been more aggressive, in some respects much more aggressive. Any time Fox goes for it on 4th and whatever it's a cause for celebration. But his instinct is still to go full turtle if the Broncos are protecting a small lead while the other team is trying to claw its way back into the game.

Pete Carroll did pretty much the same thing last season against Atlanta in the playoffs. Instead of playing to win, he tried to hold on to a tenuous lead...which was squandered in the waning moments of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
          Today the US government employs just 2% of people with jobs. In 1966 under LBJ, it was more than double: 4.3%.
          It was called the draft !

Comment

Guys, my political comment was made "en passant" and was not intended to start a political debate.

Cease and desist, or any future opportunities for passing political references and analogies (which do have their place AFAIK) will be lost for good.

Comment

The reason for Seattle looking pedestrian on offense is Russell hasn't been very good lately. If you keep him in the pocket he is a below average passer. The Jake Plummer comparison is a good one. Seattle is ranked 31 in offense the last third of the season.

Comment

I'll take SF defense right now.

Just seems to me when those LBers hit you you go backwards.

Add in country strong Justin Smith and Aldon Smith I like what SF brings this weekend

It's a rich man's problem anyways deciding who's has a better defense SEA or SF

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                  Dude, Seattle has a great defense. Nobody knows about it because of the over hype of Russell Wilson. I think Wilson is great, but that defense and that running game is what is really sexy about that team. And yes, Russell Wilson is fun to watch. He's like Jake Plummer only good.
                  Better than Brian Griese?

Comment

This may simply be my limited perspective, but I feel our defense, particularly our pass defense plays too aggressively and as a result they can be burned for the big play. Our D line is more than capable of shutting down a run game, provided they aren't being run ragged by our secondary giving up big play after big play on third and long. I get really frustrated with our secondary as it feels like too often, they are going for the big play, instead of the smart play. As long as our offense is clicking, we don't need turn-overs. We just need the defense to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                      Dude, Seattle has a great defense. Nobody knows about it because of the over hype of Russell Wilson. I think Wilson is great, but that defense and that running game is what is really sexy about that team. And yes, Russell Wilson is fun to watch. He's like Jake Plummer only good.
                      You're kidding right? All people talk about is the Legion of Boom and Richard Sherman. Wilson gets praise sure, but not as much as those guys, Seattle's defence has been lauded by practically everyone.

Comment

Our defense seems a bit like our 1997 defense - have to be aggressive to make up for the talent (not that there is no talent for either team, just that compared to the stacked O).

Comment

I realize you didn't come up with this statistic, but who cares how things stack up on the basis of a single game? This statistic is like a bikini: what it reveals is interesting but what it covers up is essential.

The fact is: Net-net, Denver has at best an above average Defense, taking into account ALL games played this season.

Combining statistics w/ common sense, I'd say that Denver's D ranks #3 among the 4 teams still in the playoffs.

#1. Seattle
                          #2. San Francisco
                          #3. Denver
                          #4. New England
                          Yet another pro Seattle, con Denver post from our resident Seahawks fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Karenin View Post
                            Better than Brian Griese?

Comment

Fox needs to grow a pair. Carroll is more like Lance Armstrong: he still has one functioning nut.
                              you seriously can't say anything about the Seahawks that would paint them in a bad light compared to the Broncos, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                The reason for Seattle looking pedestrian on offense is Russell hasn't been very good lately. If you keep him in the pocket he is a below average passer. The Jake Plummer comparison is a good one. Seattle is ranked 31 in offense the last third of the season.
                                Heard on the radio sports talk show that the Seahawks had 44 yards of total offense in the 2nd half of their playoff game vs. Saints....31 came on Lynch's TD run.

Comment

Working...
                                X