Tony Corrente will Ref Broncos-Pats game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Corrente will Ref Broncos-Pats game

This season, Corrente Ref'd the Broncos-Chargers game in SD, as well as the Saints-Patriots game in NE and the Patriots Loss @Miami in week 15.

Corrente has called 86 penalties on away teams for 825 Yards
    and 91 penalties on home teams for 759 Yards

In his two Patriots games, the Patriots were called for 5 penalties for 35 yards
    while opposing teams were called for 11 penalties for 77 yards

In his one Broncos game, the Broncos were called for 3 penalties for 28 yards
    while the opposing team was called for 6 penalties for 40 yards

Additionally, Home teams won 80% of games in which he refereed.
    Last edited by Sly_Eli; 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM.

Is it just me, or are there an unusually large number of Italian-Americans who ref professional football?

Left to right: Tony Corrente, Gene Steratore, Ed Hochuli, Pete Morelli
    Last edited by BowlenBall; 01-15-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Ticky tack ref that likes to call roughing the passer penalties and hitting a defenseless receiver penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
        Is it just me, or there an unusually large number of Italian-Americans who ref professional football?
        Little Known Bizarro Rooney Rule Effect

Comment

Simms and Nantz are announcing the game...Broncos are 6-0 in Phil Simms announced games this season

Comment

Originally posted by McD more rings than Elway View Post
            Ticky tack ref that likes to call roughing the passer penalties and hitting a defenseless receiver penalties.
            Those 5 penalties in 2 games get you all ruffled?

Comment

Corrente is the most important player for the Patriots this game. If his crew doesn't step up they have no chance of winning.

And Simms just might be my favorite broadcaster. Nantz is awesome too; I loved his reaction to the Moreno army crawl. I also really like Michaels and Collinsworth, so I guess I'm not a Broncos fan.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                And Simms just might be my favorite broadcaster.
                I can't stand Simms. I'll take Aikman & Buck any day.

Simms always tries to predict what the refs will say when they do a replay. More than half the time, Simms is wrong. He then spends the next 5 minutes trying to explain why he was right and the refs were wrong.

Dude: no one cares! The "ruling on the field was confirmed." Or not. So just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

Simms always tries to predict what the refs will say when they do a replay. More than half the time, Simms is wrong. He then spends the next 5 minutes trying to explain why he was right and the refs were wrong.

Dude: no one cares! The "ruling on the field was confirmed." Or not. So just move on.
                  Well Simms is almost always right, while half the time the refs are wrong. It's pretty hard to predict which time they will be right and which time they will be wrong. I think Simms is just saying what the refs SHOULD call, not what they will.

And I don't understand the Bronco fan hate. It seems like Simms says more good things about the Broncos than anybody. I think he just says good things about every team, so maybe our fans just get upset that he is complimenting the other team as well. But his insight is great compared to most announcers. I find myself agreeing to or learning from almost everything he says.

Comment

Ironic that a Seahawk fan would say "Just move on" if a call doesn't go how he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                      And I don't understand the Bronco fan hate. It seems like Simms says more good things about the Broncos than anybody. I think he just says good things about every team, so maybe our fans just get upset that he is complimenting the other team as well. But his insight is great compared to most announcers. I find myself agreeing to or learning from almost everything he says.
                      I'll admit that compared to just about every other color guy out there, I'll take Simms any day.

As an Old School Bronco fan, I do not like the fact he and his team spanked the Broncos back in the 1980's, so I can't forget that he was part of that bad memory. But nowadays, I'll call him tied with the MNF crowd: both teams strike a decent balance between being annoying and having the occasional interesting take.

Comment

You make one little call and bada-bing! A little shine in your lunch box, youknowwhatImsaying?

Comment

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." - Joseph Stalin

"It's not the players who foul that count. It's the refs who throw the flags" - Bill Vinovich

Comment

Man you even like the NFC's announcers best.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SB referee news: I&#39;ve learned it will be Terry McAulay.</p>&mdash; Judy Battista (@judybattista) <a href="https://twitter.com/judybattista/statuses/423537635387113473">January 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Working...
                              X