listening to the sports hub 98.5 new england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listening to the sports hub 98.5 new england

Ok so im bored at work and figured to help pass my day I would tune into New England sports talk to hear what they have to say. And of course its very homeristic which you would expect but they also say somethigns i think are very delusional..is it just me being a homer though?

They say Put Brady on Denver and we are still 12-4/13-3 but put manning on pats and they arent near theoir record this year. I completely disagree.

The other thing they said I disagree with is Manning is a much worse teammate and crybaby on field. Im sorry isnt that why qb's rules are called Brady rules? Im sorry is manning being ignored by teammates for hi 5's? Does manning have his wife call out teammates? sure he called out vandy that 1 time but other than that i dont know ive heard to many bad teammate stories on manning

Some funny entertainment for sure

oh also whenever talking about denver they have to imitate a stoner talk and attitude...really...original!

Put Manning on Pats? That's discounting what he did in 2010 where he dragged a team that would go 2-14 the following year to the playoffs.

Meh, why would you listen to NE sports talk radio anyways? I'd rather listen to holes being drilled in my wall tbh

Comment

Manning has won with multiple coaches and franchises. Brady has done it under one coach who is such a good coach he was able to win 10 games with Matt cassel.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
        They say Put Brady on Denver and we are still 12-4/13-3 but put manning on pats and they arent near theoir record this year.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
          Put Manning on Pats? That's discounting what he did in 2010 where he dragged a team that would go 2-14 the following year to the playoffs.

Meh, why would you listen to NE sports talk radio anyways? I'd rather listen to holes being drilled in my wall tbh
          as i stated bored at work and tired of the local spin wanted to see what the other side thinks.

Comment

That show literally sounds retarded. Literally.

Comment

Christ, why torture yourself? I have a bad enough time putting up with my loud-mouthed Boston stepbrother. Boston sports fans are pathetic. Up until 2002 they had nothing to cheer about for almost a 100 years and now they are up in everyone's face.

Comment

I live in New England.....and I can attest......most of the sports radio shows are ridiculously homeristic and laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                  I live in New England.....and I can attest......most of the sports radio shows are ridiculously homeristic and laughable.
                  Let's be fair that is all sports radio shows no matter what city you are in.

Comment

I live in Boston and I'm a huge Broncos but I'm also a big Red Sox fan. So I do listen to the felger and Mazz show all the time. They dump on manning every chance they get and I've never heard them say a bad word about Brady. You really can't take anything they say seriously

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                      and i expected some homeristic takes but the above just stuck out to me as insane.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDz6CBTkZmU

That was the last playoff game.......lots of new faces but that still chaps my arse

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                          Dave & Dave are actually very respectful of other teams. They don't hide who they are rooting for but they also don't spew homeristic garbage when discussing the Broncos and their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
                            oh also whenever talking about denver they have to imitate a stoner talk and attitude...really...original!
                            As a Colorado native living in DC the questions I get about Denver are hilarious - its amazing how powerful stereotypes are. People think it is always 5 degrees in the winter and that we live under snow drifts all year, that literally EVERYONE smokes weed, and you would be surprised how many people I've run into who don't even know that a Mountain Time Zone exists - they think it goes Eastern, Central, Pacific.

And about the show - is anyone surprised? Local radio is not about honest takes, its all about homerism and getting locals excited about teams. Denver sports radio is guilty of the same thing. You should of heard DC sports radio before the season - you would of thought that RG3 was the next Otto Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                              It is but as an outsider who's only listened to sports radio over the internet you notice a couple of things, some cities are much worse. Philadelphia and Boston are just the worst (and Washington deserve a mention too for incredible delusion/entitlement). We're a bit homeristic as expected but Denver sports radio shows actually make good points and call it fairly evenly

Comment

Working...
                              X