I come in peace and bearing gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I come in peace and bearing gifts

Hey all, I'm formerly a Broncos Sympathizer and a full-blown fan since last year. Been a Colorado fan for the last decade because of the skiing, mountains, the Arkansas River Valley, and mostly the people. I love visiting your state. My most memorable moment so far was seriously overpaying for field level seats behind the Broncos bench so I could see Manning breaking Marsha Brady's single season touchdown record* in the Houston Game.

That now brings me to the gifts portion of my post. Having been a former Bills fan, I truly despise the pats*, mostly because I had to watch a lot of blowouts and beat-downs. But all this frustration and heartache I had to endure will be of immense benefit for the Broncos coaching staff, who I'm sure visit this site frequently for their game planning preparation.

On defense, the Bronco's need to play man-to-man and brutalize the pats receivers. I'm not talking "jamming"--but a total mugging. If its a pass play, its only a five yard holding penalty. If its a run, it may not even get called. Brady gets his throws away in about 2.5 seconds. Causing even a 1/2 second disruption will throw off the timing. marsha won't be able to get into a rhythm.

More importantly, their receivers are small and will not be able to handle this abuse for a full game. belid!ck has used this unsporting strategy in the past and it works. Of course, the pats rarely get flagged for taking down a receiver per NFL policy. Work in some run blitzes and by the second quarter, Marsha will be whining and berating his receivers.

On offense, belid!ck will take away the top three receivers--at all costs. Recall the Rams pats superbowl. pats let the Rams run wild, but stifled the passing attack. Nimrod Martz wanted to win 'his' way and kept on going to the air and lost. Idiot. Script the plays and prepare the secondary receivers to be the first read. If Manning is consistently having to go to his second and third reads, belid!ck will find a way to get the pass rush there.

Finally, never, ever stop scoring. Don't try to be sportsman. Don't pull up on the hit. The Ravens beat the pats twice in the playoffs. They did it by roughing up the pats at every opportunity. the pats couldn't even muster the desire to mount a comeback in those games.

Go Broncos!

And go easy on me. This is my first post ever. And I'm talking like ever, ever.

I agree with the mugging the WR's bit but NE is the NFL's team and we would get flagged every play unlike the Seachickens and Pats

Comment

Welcome! Great first post

Comment

So you were a Bills fan, then a Texican fan and now a Broncos fan?

I have a couple questions for the OP: how long do you intend to be Bronco fan and have you been married multiple times?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          So you were a Bills fan, then a Texican fan and now a Broncos fan?

I have a couple questions for the OP: how long do you intend to be Bronco fan and have you been married multiple times?
          To be fair, he never says he was a Texan fan. It just appears he lives there.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Hope ya stay for the long run.

Comment

I didn't get a gift.

Comment

Its a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                  Its a trap.
                  Wrong. He said he had a gift. It's a tarp.

Comment

How many walkers have you killed?

How many people have you killed?

Why?

Comment

Once a Bills fan, always a Bills fan- 15 years of no playoffs and arguable the worst run franchise in the NFL is no excuse.

I do admit I watch, follow and like the Broncos much more now than the Bills... but they will always be my first team....

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                        I didn't get a gift.
                        your gift was the pleasure of reading his first post. Your expectations are too high right now, the simple pleasures in life are the greatest gifts.

Comment

Ted Johnson, the former Pats LB, said the same thing the OP said. Grab, drag, mangle the receivers to throw Mannings timing off. Let the Broncos run but frustrate the passing game. He said Manning doesn't improvise well.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                            your gift was the pleasure of reading his first post. Your expectations are too high right now, the simple pleasures in life are the greatest gifts.
                            We were promised a tangible gift dammit!

Comment

He's talking to people who have no on-field effect with the game. It's the gift that keeps on giving...

Comment

Working...
                              X